(Clearwisdom.net) Li Jinghua, female, 34, used to live in Lizhangzi Village, Zhaoduba Township, Longcheng District, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. In 1996, after she started to practice Falun Gong, her chronic illness was gone and she regained her health. Her husband joined the Falun Gong practice group and also experienced great health improvements. Her family had a harmonious life, but it didn't last very long, as Jiang's evil regime started the persecution against Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. As her family's life was disrupted, with full trust in the rule of law, Li Jinghua made a decision to go to Beijing to tell the leaders of the country the facts about Falun Gong. She intended to share, through her own personal experience, the benefits of practicing cultivation. Because the authorities prohibited Falun Gong practitioners from buying train tickets to Beijing, Li and a fellow practitioner made the trip by bicycle. Later they were arrested and sent back to a local detention center. The authorities confiscated the family's TV set, a cassette recorder and materials about Falun Dafa from her house. Because Li refused to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa, the authorities detained her on several different occasions and then abducted her to Xidayingzi for brainwashing. After one month in detention she still refused to compromise, so the authorities illegally sentenced her to one year of forced labor in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.

Falun Dafa practitioner Li Jinghua has suffered a mental breakdown after being tortured extensively in the Masanjia Concentration Camp.

The Masanjia Forced Labor Camp is a place where Falun Gong practitioners suffer all kinds of tortures because they steadfastly refuse to betray their own conscience by renouncing their belief in Falun Dafa. Under the influence of such an oppressive environment, Li Jinghua was worn down after being severely abused both physically and mentally. In the Second Section, she was beaten because she continued to practice the Falun Gong exercises.

In January 2000 Li was transferred to the First Female Section for hard labor, where she was forced to make clothes, working under a very high requirement for quality and quantity. Laboring long hours every day and being cursed or beaten over failing to finish the required quotas, Li was under extreme mental pressure. The concentration camp authorities set Li's regular work hours as from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., with overtime lasting up to 3 a.m. when it was necessary to complete a certain quota. On one job destined for overseas export, she was forced to work continuously with no rest for thirty-six hours straight, missing two regular meals with no extra meals for overtime between the regular shifts. During the course of this grueling labor, for breakfast and dinner Li was only given a partially cooked steamed bun and a pickle, while lunch was just a small amount of rice. She was kept sandwiched between two inmates, who monitored her closely twenty-four hours a day, even when she went to the bathroom or ate meals. Li was forced to sleep between two inmates at night, in between two single beds.

In the middle of June 2000, the labor camp authorities ordered the practitioners in the First Female Section to halt their work in order to undergo brainwashing. More than twenty practitioners were forced to sit bunched up next to each other on benches in hot muggy weather, from 6:30 a.m. to 12 a.m., while the guards took them out individually for brainwashing. Because some practitioners refused to compromise, the guards beat them fiercely. Li and her fellow practitioners were surrounded by the guards' cursing, the screams of the victims, and the sound of electric batons hitting flesh.

On July 6, 2000, Li Jinghua was detained in the First Female Section for brainwashing. Every day the collaborators [former practitioners who have turned against Dafa under intense pressure and torture] tried to brainwash her until midnight. To take away her freedom, they followed her wherever she went and forced her to eat her meals in her cell rather than in the cafeteria. After twenty more days of brainwashing, Li was physically injured and mentally worn down, but she still refused to compromise. Then the vicious policeman Zhang Yan forced her into an isolated small cell, where she was forced to remain in a bent over position for a long period of time. Meanwhile, two collaborators tortured her. Li Jinghua had to eat and relieve herself in the cell. As it was during the intense heat of summer, she suffered from the suffocating heat and countless mosquito bites. The collaborators made her hold this posture for seventy-two hours without sleeping, and cursed or beat her whenever they saw her moving even a little bit. After three days of torture, she was exhausted and looked like a shadow of her former self, but still she didn't compromise. Utterly infuriated, the guards shocked her hands, feet, chest and neck with high-voltage electric batons. Witnessing her skin and flesh burned black under the electric shock, some onlookers couldn't help but shed tears for her. As Jinghua was not in her right mind from this continual torture, the guard Zhang Yan forced her to write a guarantee statement to renounce Falun Gong. But after reading it, Zhang felt that this statement was not sincere and forced her to make a handwritten copy of the collaborators' slanderous statements before releasing her from the small isolation cell. Knowing that Li's statement was written against her own will, the guards had the collaborators continue to brainwash her.

After coming out from the small cell and having a short break, Li Jinghua quickly regained her righteous mind. When she declared the "guarantee" to be invalid and stated her resolve to continue Falun Dafa cultivation, Zhang Yan beat her right way and imprisoned her in the small cell again, where two collaborators forced her to hold the "flying dove" position for over two hours, until she lost consciousness. They then dragged her back and reported to the guards, Yang Yu and Zhang Yan. Yang roared, "Since she was still alright after bending over for three days and three nights, how could she fall unconscious within two hours? Is she playing games with me?" Yang pinched and hit her. It took quite a while before Li Jinghua regained consciousness. The perpetrators shifted her back into the small cell again and forced her to hold the same position for four days and four nights. Because Li firmly refused to compromise, the guards were at their wit's end, and transferred her back to the Second Squadron of the first group for more hard labor.

When Li was sent back to the first group, her fellow practitioners saw the scars caused by the electric shocks on her chest and neck. She developed a terrible complexion and fell into depression. Li was beaten whenever she practiced the Falun Gong exercises. When Li's one-year term in the forced labor camp expired, the authorities extended it indefinitely because she refused to renounce her belief. She started a hunger strike to resist the persecution and refused to take part in any more slave labor, so the wicked police shocked her with electric batons. Every morning she was taken away somewhere and sent back at night. Upon coming back, she stared blankly and talked to nobody. Several days later she suffered a mental breakdown. She became incontinent and left her clothes just lying in a tub of water. Later she was sent to a mental hospital in Shenyang City. Her family had to take care of her there and pay the entire 4,000 Yuan medical fee [500 Yuan is the average monthly salary for an urban worker in China]. She was sent back home in May of 2001 and has still not recovered.

A good person has been tortured into a state of mental collapse under the tyranny of Jiang's regime. Her happy family life has been destroyed by the persecution. Good people have been deprived of their fundamental human rights by Jiang's dictatorship. They are tortured for speaking the truth and punished for being good people.