(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Falun Gong practitioner who just came out of the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp. The two years' time I spent in the labor camp was a long, dark period. I have experienced and witnessed the persecution against Falun Gong practitioners in person. Therefore, I would like to publicly reveal the truth about this brutal persecution.

In December 2001, the Yinmahe Force Labor Camp of Jiutai City became one of several bases in Jilin Province that forcefully tried to brainwash Falun Gong practitioners. Several hundred Falun Gong practitioners were successively transferred here from Siping City, Jilin City, Yanji City and other places. The labor camp forcefully put those Dafa practitioners whom they regarded as "stubborn" through brainwashing sessions. Their main methods were: let several collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] attempt to delude Dafa practitioners with books which slander Dafa, and play videotapes that attack Dafa and force Dafa practitioners to watch.

At the end of March 2002, all teams in Jiutai Forced Labor Camp received the command to use violence to forcefully brainwash practitioners. The police called Falun Gong practitioners one by one into the office. They beat them with electric batons, wooden bats plastic tubes, and cables which they called "white dragons" and "black dragons." They also directly beat Falun Gong practitioners with fists and kicked them, trying to force them to write the so-called "Disssociation Statement" [a statement to declare a dissociation with Falun Gong and promise not go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.] Among the practitioners I knew who were tortured, some were cuffed to the bed for up to seven days, some fell into comas after being beaten with wooden bats. Some were beaten to the point of losing control of their bodily functions. According to one victim, he felt that his ribs were broken from the heavy blows. When the evil hoodlums used a wooden pickax for the beatings, the handle of the pickax was broken. Whenever they committed violent acts, they ordered all cells to close the doors and they did not allow anyone to walk around, even going to the restroom was forbidden. During that time, some common criminals (thieves, swindlers, hoodlums, etc) cooperated with the police using intimidation, threats and beatings. All these were conducted in exchange for reduced sentences or gaining other benefits.

On April 19, 2002, the education team of theYinmahe Forced Labor Camp, Jiutai City in Jilin Province, beat a Falun Gong practitioner to death only three days after he had arrived, the evil persons viciously tried to force him to compromise. Later, four common criminals were taken away. To this day nobody knows where they have gone. No one spoke of the details either. Since this incident, the labor camp ceased all interviews and phone calls and restricted detainees from working outside the cell, in order to block the news and forbid people to talk about it.

Although the persecution was so cruel, genuine Dafa practitioners' righteous thoughts of pursuing the truth did not fear the evil people. While using violent means to attempt to forcefully convert Dafa practitioners, the evil staff also applied long-term persecution against practitioners, depriving them of sleep with the excuse of security checks. The police encouraged common criminal inmates to uncover sleeping Dafa practitioners, pulling off their quilts every 20 minutes and intentionally waking them. This led to practitioners' serious sleep deprivation. After getting up the next day, Dafa practitioners who would not renounce their belief were forced to sit on a small stool for a long time. Every day immediately after 4:00 a.m. they had to wake up, except for eating and going to the restroom, they had to keep sitting with legs crossed all the time until 8:30 p.m. The duration each day was 14 to 15 hours. Dafa practitioners who would not give up their belief had difficulties in walking from such an extended period of forced sitting.

In addition, the firm Dafa practitioners were strictly monitored and their rights of being visited by their family members were deprived. Some practitioners had elderly parents and/or infant children. The family members had come to the labor camp from thousands of miles away to visit the practitioners, however, even such a basic right was denied by the labor camp. They used these methods to persecute Dafa practitioners' families, and cut off all channels of communications between the labor camp and outside, because they dared not to let the outside know what they had done.

The above crimes are only a few examples among many persecution cases inside the labor camp. Today I expose it to the public and hope they can help people to know the truth and the nature of such evil persecution.