(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Yang Wenhua from Huangniuchang Village, Yanshou County, Heilongjiang Province suffered severe persecution after July 1999. He has been illegally arrested and detained six times since then. In April 2002, after he had been kidnapped and held for almost four months, Yang Wenhua held a six-day hunger strike and was released. On orders from the government, the local police broke into Yang Wenhua's family home to arrest him again, so Yang Wenhua was forced to abandon his home. Because he was very weak after his release, Yang Wenhua passed away shortly after.

Yang Wenhua, male, 48 years old, a peasant who lived in Huangniuchang Village, Yanshou County, Heilongjiang Province. Due to many diseases, he became disabled and unable to work in 1993. His wife had to take care of all the family chores. In 1994, he obtained Falun Dafa. He was cured of all of his diseases during the nine-day lectures he attended in Yanji City. Joy came to the formerly miserable family. Yang Wenhua told everyone that he knew Falun Dafa gave him a second life, and that Falun Dafa is good!

In July 1999, the national persecution against Falun Gong began. In 2000, with high hopes that the government leaders might listen to him, Yang Wenhua took his wife and child, and went to Beijing to peacefully appeal, but what awaited him were handcuffs. The vicious police claimed that Yang Wenhua was "disturbing the social order" and threw the three of them into jail. After he was released, Yang Wenhua told kind-hearted people in his village, "Falun Dafa is good," and the local police again put him into jail. He was illegally detained six times.

During the time he was persecuted, Yang Wenhua kept steadfast faith in Master and Dafa. The local police hated him, and family and friends misunderstood him after having been deluded by the evil's lies. The unscrupulous police extorted all of Yang Wenhua's family's savings and property. In the spring, Yang Wenhua went to a fellow practitioner who lives in Bin County to borrow money to purchase seeds, fertilizer and pesticide. Bin County police insisted that Yang Wenhua was organizing illegal activities, arrested him and threw him again into jail. He was detained from January 15, 2002 [Chinese lunar calendar] to April 2002. After ransacking his home, the officers even arrested Yang Wenhua's daughter who had recently married and threw her into jail. Yang Wenhua and his daughter held a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention, and they were released six days later.

Yang Wenhua stayed at home for only one night. The local police station received a secret order from Luo Gan [the head of China security and legal systems], "Arrest those who have been released. Do not release them, even if they die from a hunger strike." The local police went to Yang Wenhua's home the next day to arrest him. During the opportunity to change clothes inside his room, Yang Wenhua escaped by jumping out his window. The police chief couldn't find Yang Wenhua. He furiously kicked Yang's wife to the ground and threatened, "Now, get out and look for him! If you can't bring him back by 5:00 p.m. today, I'll 'fix' you all. I'll make your only son a cripple!" Then he turned around and shouted at Yang Wenhua's one-year-old granddaughter, "I won't spare your little granddaughter, either!" After rummaging through Yang's home, the police punctured the tires of Yang's motorcycle and left. On their way to the police department, these police ran into another Dafa practitioner who went to visit Yang Wenhua. They kidnapped this person and sentenced him to two years of forced labor.

After the vicious police left, Yang Wenhua's wife took her children and went into the mountains, afraid of bringing trouble to whoever was kind enough to provide shelter for them. Those were two days filled with wind and rain. After running out of his home, Yang Wenhua went to an uninhabited mountain 10 miles from home and could go no further. He sat down and the wind, rain and snow hit his face. His clothes were soaking wet; he was cold and hungry. He was at the end of his strength after the ordeal he had endured at the hands of the police. After lying on the hillside for two days and nights, Yang Wenhua gradually lost consciousness and passed away. When people discovered his body, he was lying flat on the ground with both hands folded in front of his chest. His eyes were wide open and staring at the sky. His body was so frail that people shed tears when they saw it. He had a pluck of grass in his hands as well as in his mouth and pockets.

Yang Wenhua's body was found on April 17th. The county's "610 Office" authorities and thugs from the police department ordered a hasty cremation. They sent out spies to watch people in secret. The people from the "610 Office," police department and village office announced, "We'll arrest any practitioner that comes [to Yang's funeral]." They also spread the slander that Yang Wenhua had hung himself. [The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]

Another Dafa practitioner, a good person who lived by the standard Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance, has died as a result of severe persecution. The Jiang regime's persecution of Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is an attempt to destroy mankind's fundamental sense of justice and conscience. The evil will not last much longer in this crazed frenzy! The evil thugs who persecute Dafa practitioners will receive their deserved punishment. We hope all kind-hearted people will distinguish good from evil and choose a bright future for themselves.