Latest News from China - 7/27/2002
- [Wushan County, Gansu Province] Villagers See Through the Lies and Finally Realize How the Jiang Regime Defames Falun Gong
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Recent Acts of Brigade Director Zhang Bo in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Brutality in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Handan City, Hebei Province] Guard in Forced Labor Camp Says, "You Have Three Choices: Accepting the Brainwashing, Be Beaten to Death, or Be Driven to Mental Collapse."
- [Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Lin Qingrong and Li Guohua Are Subjected to Torture in the Wutaishan Mental Hospital of Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Cui Hongyi and His Wife Wang Shuqin Are Arrested Yet Again
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Gong Yuzhuo in Harbin Is Arrested
- [China] Prisoners of Some Detention Centers, Jails and Forced Labor Camps Extort Money from Visiting Family Members of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Qinghai Province] With Righteous Thoughts, a Falun Dafa Practitioner from Qinghai Walks Out of Jail
- [Longkou City, Shandong Province] Evil Deeds of Ma Xiangyang from Donglai Police Department in City of Longkou, Shandong Province
1. [Wushan County, Gansu Province] Villagers See Through the Lies and Finally Realize How the Jiang Regime Defames Falun Gong
On the eve of the Chinese lunar New Year, in 2000, a husband, wife and their three children, all committed suicide by taking poison. Emergency treatment was able to save the life of the youngest child. Although none of them had anything to do with Falun Gong, higher authorities fabricated a story that the entire family had committed suicide as a result of practicing Falun Gong. The villagers who knew them knew this was a complete fabrication and could see how the Jiang regime defames Falun Gong.
2. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Recent Acts of Brigade Director Zhang Bo in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
After the No.12 Brigade Director Wu Peihua had an operation for breast cancer, Zhang Bo took her place as the Director. Later, Zhang Bo was hospitalized also, to have some lymph node tumors surgically removed. Following this, the No.7 Brigade Director, Wu Jinying, had to leave her post to have a surgery to remove a diagnosed tumor in her breast. Immediately upon release from the hospital, Zhang Bo had to replace Wu Jinying as the No.7 Brigade Director.
Knowing this, Falun Gong practitioners held in the No.7 Brigade presented Zhang Bo with a long letter, upon her arrival, expressing their kind thoughts. However, Zhang has shown no repentance.
Presently, over a hundred Falun Dafa practitioners are held in the No. 7 Brigade, several of whom are seniors over 60 years old. As soon as she took office, Zhang announced, "Labor camp guards will be fined if they fail to show up at work or fail to supervise Falun Gong practitioners when on duty. Inmates held on criminal charges will have their terms extended if they fail to intervene upon seeing Falun Gong practitioners sending forth righteous thoughts. A small brainwashing class is to be formed, which will be supervised by male guards." She has also divided Falun Dafa practitioners into five categories. Except for members who have contracted "scabies", members of all other categories have to report to the "activities room" on the first floor, at around 6:00 a.m. each day, and remain there until 8:40 p.m. Everyone has to sit still on a narrow "torture stool" for over twelve hours without moving. Falun Dafa practitioners are currently resisting this extremely unfair treatment by refusing to go downstairs. Some police and inmates have threatened that "you must go down there, no matter what."
On June 6, 2002, some Falun Dafa practitioners were ordered to have their pictures taken. They refused to allow themselves to be photographed like criminals because they were being held in the forced labor camp unlawfully and they didn't commit any crime. In the end, the authorities forcibly took their pictures. The Supervision Section Director twice struck Falun Dafa practitioner Sun Shuyun in the head. Sun Shuyun kindly told Zhang Bo, "It will not do you any good to act like this."
Zhang yelled, "You are going to experience more of this down the road."
3. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
1. On June 18, 2002, Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Jun, held in the No.7 Brigade, was mercilessly beaten by two forced labor camp guards for sending forth righteous thoughts.
2. On June 20, 2002, Falun Dafa practitioner Xu Dongyue was illegally arrested. Preliminary interrogators Quan Limin and Zhang Yi, from Yilan County, brutally beat Xu. Both Quan and Zhang abused Xu Dongyue for refusing to cooperate with being photographed. Xu was beaten until half her face was swollen completely out of shape, and her eyes were swollen from hyperemia. Several guards from the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp witnessed this incident, but none of them said a single word to stop it.
3. On July 21, 2001, Falun Dafa practitioner Yu Xueying was arrested by the local police station Chief, Li Ying. During her illegal detention at the station, Yu was brutally beaten by a gang of more than ten thugs from Hulan County before being taken to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.
Almost a year later, on June 25, 2002, Yu Xueying was sending forth righteous thoughts in the Wanjia Camp, when a criminal inmate tried to stop her. She ignored the inmate, who then poured water on Yu's bed, completely soaking Yu's blanket.
Bai Shurong was illegally sentenced to Wanjia Forced Labor Camp on June 23, 2000. After being held over one month past the term of her sentence, she was released on August 7, 2001. At around 2:00 p.m. on May 8, 2002, Wang Zhongshen and Du Zhi, the chief and director, respectively, of Xinhua Police Station in Hulan County, led others in smashing open Bai's door and forcibly taking her away. Bai had tried to put on some clothes and shoes, but the police did not allow it. On May 9, 2002, Bai Shurong was sent back to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.
4. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Brutality in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
1. For each class of Falun Gong practitioners, there are two criminal inmates on duty each night with a third inmate being the class supervisor. The rule is that if these inmates do not stop Falun Gong practitioners from practicing Falun Gong exercises, their terms will be extended. Also if labor camp guards fail to supervise Falun Gong practitioners, they will be fined 50 yuan RMB (the average monthly salary for urban workers is 500 yuan). If the guards fail a second time, they are asked to submit their resignations.
2. The forced labor camp has distributed electric batons and pairs of handcuffs to guards for the specific persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
3. Sources report that over two hundred more Falun Gong practitioners will be gradually sent to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp.
4. On family visiting days of No. 7 Brigade, the police order the family members of Falun Gong practitioners to curse Falun Dafa. Otherwise, their visit requests will be denied. The practitioners themselves have to go through a body search prior to the meeting and cannot directly receive items brought in by their families. Instead, criminal inmates have to examine these items first, so some of the items have thus been taken. Falun Gong practitioners have kindly asked the labor camp authorities to call off the slandering of Falun Dafa that is forced upon visitors, but so far, there has been no change to this policy. Consequently, some Falun Gong practitioners have refused to meet visiting family members so that their visitors will not be forced to curse and slander Falun Dafa.
5. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Guard in Forced Labor Camp Says, "You Have Three Choices: Accepting the Brainwashing, Be Beaten to Death, or Be Driven to Mental Collapse."
Qin Zhongke, male, is almost 60 years old. On October 1, 1999, he was illegally arrested for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. At the Handan Detention Center in Hebei Province, he was forced to write the so-called "guarantee letter" [a letter promising to denounce and to not practice Falun Gong], but because he refused, he was sent to a forced labor camp without due process. In December 1999, while being detained at the Handan Forced Labor Camp, he submitted a multiple-page statement to clarify the truth of Falun Gong to the labor camp officials. In May 2000, he made a 30-centimeter long banner with the words "Falun Dafa Is Good" written on it, and hung the banner in the forced labor camp.
Because they saw that his faith in Dafa was firm, in early August 2000, the guards at the Handan Forced Labor Camp sent him to the Dalian Forced Labor Camp, where he was persecuted even more severely. From August to September, the labor camp guards and one or two people, who had previously "enlightened" along an evil path, took turns "speaking" with him. He could only sleep a little. Sometimes, the guards forced him to bend over [a form of torture] for long periods. On one occasion, the guard Jing Dianke brought Qin to the office. There, Jing grabbed his neck, and shocked him with an electric baton to force him to give in. Jing even threatened him, "You have three choices: accept the "re-education" [brainwashing], be beaten to death or be driven to mental collapse."
Because he was firm in his faith and refused to write the "repentance statement", in October 2000, he was sent to a brick factory, which is the harshest work of all work units and involves heavy labor.
6. [Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Lin Qingrong and Li Guohua Are Subjected to Torture in the Wutaishan Mental Hospital in Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province
At the beginning of 2001, Lin Qingrong and his wife Li Guohua distributed truth-clarifying literature at a market in a mountainous area in the city of Panzhihua in Sichuan Province. One person they met said that he wanted to learn Falun Gong, so Lin brought him home. The couple was then arrested because that person was actually a special agent who only pretended to want to learn Falun Gong. They were sent to the Wutaishan Mental Hospital in the city of Yangzhou in Jiangsu Province and have been held there ever since. There, they were forcibly injected with nerve-damaging drugs. Their child and elderly father were left unattended at home. Three other Dafa practitioners, whose names are unknown this time, are currently being detained in the same mental hospital and are also suffering under similar persecution there.
7. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Cui Hongyi and His Wife Wang Shuqin Are Arrested Yet Again
At about 7 a.m. on July 24, a group of police officers from the Wolitun Police Station of the Ethylene Police Department in the city of Daqing, in Heilongjiang Province, came to the home of Dafa practitioners Cui Hongyi and Wang Shuqin. They pounded on the door, broke the lock, intruded into their home and abducted the 63-year-old couple only because two other Dafa practitioners had sent truth-clarifying literature to their home some time before the Spring Festival. They were detained solely for that reason at that time. They were finally released after going on a hunger strike that lasted 28 days.
However, four months later, the police now use the very same excuse again to arrest this elderly couple. Even more ridiculous is, the date written on the "arrest warrant" was May 15.
8. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Gong Yuzhuo in Harbin Is Arrested
9. [China] Prisoners of Some Detention Centers, Jails and Forced Labor Camps Extort Money from Visiting Family Members of Falun Dafa Practitioners
Leaders of the inmates in some detention centers, jails and forced labor camps have been forging the handwriting of the detained Dafa practitioners' in order to write notes to the practitioners' families to ask for money and other various items. They have even forced the practitioners themselves to write such notes. The inmates have essentially extorted the money and the goods and did not give anything to the practitioners.
10. [Qinghai Province] With Righteous Thoughts, a Falun Dafa Practitioner from Qinghai Walks Out of Jail
In December 2001, a Dafa practitioner from Qinghai was arrested and then in January 2002, he was illegally sent to a forced labor camp. He suffered inhumane tortures under detention. In April 2002, he went on a hunger strike to protest this unjust treatment. With a heart of incomparably determined belief in Teacher and Dafa, he walked out of jail in an open and dignified manner after hunger striking for almost one hundred days. He rejoined the Fa-rectification again.
11. [Longkou City, Shandong Province] Evil Deeds of Ma Xiangyang from Donglai Police Department in City of Longkou, Shandong Province
Ma Xiangyang from the Donglai Police Department in the city of Longkou in Shandong Province brutally tortured many Dafa practitioners to extort a confession. His methods were remarkably cruel.
His cell phone number is 86-13054570030
Home phone number is 86-535-8536603