Yu Zhenyi, male, born in 1974, was a Dafa practitioner in Harbin City. Because he firmly cultivated Dafa, he was arrested many times and subjected to inhumane torture. He died on June 14, 2002 as a result of police brutality. Below is a chronicle of the persecution he suffered.

In August 1999, he was abducted by some policemen from the Nangang Police Department, who confiscated 7000 Yuan in cash and his cell phone without giving him any receipt.

On September 19, 1999, he was once again arrested by the same police department and later detained in a hotel. The police stole the 5000 Yuan cash he had. Afterwards, he was transferred between various places: the Nangang Police Department, the Nangang Prosecutor's Office, and the Nangang Courthouse.

In September 2001, he was illegally sentenced to four years in prison. However, the prison refused to take him because his health was substandard due to being persecuted for so long. He was thus sent back to the Nangang Detention Center.

At the beginning of April, 2002, despite the fact that he was in critical condition, he was sent to Harbin Third Prison.

On April 25, 2002, he was transferred from the prison to Wanjia Hospital in Harbin. Up to that point, he had been very clearheaded.

Late at night on April 25, he was transferred from Wanjia Hospital to the Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University. When he was admitted, he was in very serious condition. His limbs were twitching uncontrollably, and he was not in a clear state of mind. After examination, it was found that he had been struck in the head repeatedly with a heavy object. There was a puncture wound in his chest. There were also internal injuries throughout his body. One of his teeth was broken.

On May 29, the hospital refused to continue treatment and he was taken back home.

On June 14, he died from his injuries.

When Yu Zhenyi regained consciousness at home, he told his family that during the half day that he was in the Wanjia Hospital, four or five people forcibly injected some unknown fluid into his brain.

Before April 25, 2002, Yu's family members had requested many times that he be paroled for medical reasons; however, their requests were turned down by the Nangang Police Department. Finally, between April 25 and May 29, the Nangang Police Department took the initiative in applying for medical parole for Yu.

Yu Zhenyi's father is also a Dafa practitioner. In July 2002, he was arrested while posting Dafa truth-clarification materials and was sentenced to three years in a labor camp.

The details of Yu Zhenyi's death have yet to be investigated.