(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Wang Lihua, and I am a 40-year-old female Falun Dafa practitioner. In July 1999, due to a flood, my family had to temporarily move away from Huarong County, Hunan Province to Boyang Section, Fengshu Village, Yueyang City. My family suffered a lot of misfortune. On February 12, 1998, my husband accidentally drank ethyl alcohol and lost his eyesight even after seven days of emergency treatment. He could no longer take care of himself, and the responsibilities of raising four children and supporting a blind husband suddenly fell on me. It was simply unbearable. I felt an unbearable bitterness towards life.

I was lucky enough to find Falun Dafa in October 1998, when our great compassionate Teacher saved me, my husband and my family. During the most difficult time of my life, it was our Teacher, Master Li, who answered many questions that I couldn't find answers to. He taught me to take hardship as joy, and that to cultivate oneself according to "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" is the only way to have good health and a happy life. He taught me that the purpose of life is to return to our true selves, and cultivation is the only way to get rid of the suffering that comes with life. Though we were poor, my family lived in peace and happiness.

At the end of 1999, a good-hearted person found work for me in a private flower factory, so that I could support my family of six. In December 2000, my husband and I went to Beijing to validate Dafa, and we were illegally detained for over 20 days at Changli Detention Station in Qinghuangdao City before we were allowed to return home on January 20, 2001.

On the morning of the second day of our return, Yu Xiaoping, an official of the Fengshu village (Yu's Phone: 86-0730-8611072) came to my home and forced me to move, with the excuse that I had been to Beijing. It was January 23, 2001, (December 29 of 2000 on the lunar calendar) right before the Chinese New Year, and it was snowing that. The weather was very bad, and my younger son had a cold and was in bed. Disregarding our situation, Yu Xiaoping said that he would not allow my family members to stay in Fengshu Village. He threatened to throw out all of our personal belongings if I didn't move them myself. He also said that he would not allow the boss of the flower factory to re-hire me, leaving no room for discussion.

I explained to him that we are cultivators of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" and didn't mean to make trouble for him. It was close to the New Year, and our family was already in a very difficult situation. I begged him not treat us this way, but he would not listen. Instead, he called two other village officials and three young men to force me to move immediately. My niece, who was a teacher at the local kindergarten and living with us at that time, was infuriated. In tears, she asked them if they still had a conscience. But another man yelled at her, "What you are talking about? If you do not stop, we'll detain you too." After my repeated requests, the help of an on-looker, and the guarantee of a kind-hearted neighbor, they reluctantly agreed to let me stay until the tenth day of the New Year. The condition was that I could not contact any other practitioners and I must move out no later than the 10th day.

I needed to support my children, who went to No. 7 Middle School. I made a living by selling vegetables at the market. I kept a peaceful mind during this tribulation, but I was always afraid that they would find me out and make things difficult for my family. I had a lot of housework to do and it was very hard to sell vegetables, so I rented a small store to make a living. About two months later, in the afternoon of November 22, 2001, two cars stopped in front of my store, and several people in plainclothes came to ask me questions about my goods. I thought they were customers. So I showed them the price. Then they stormed into my store and asked: "Is this store yours?" I told them it was. They then asked the customers in the store to leave. They said they needed to talk with me and gave me a court summons.

I questioned them about the summons. I said that I hadn't done anything wrong and refused to go with them. But they forced me into their car, leaving several others to ransack my home, and took me to the Beigang Police Station. Zhao Zihu, the head of the group and Diao, Zeng, and Li interrogated me. They said they were from the Yueyang Political Security Brigade. They claimed that I had distributed the "self-immolation" truth-clarifying videotape and tried to coerce me into telling them where I got the tapes. To be responsible to them, myself, and others, I refused to tell them. So they took turns interrogating me for one day and night continuously, not allowing me to sleep. However, I did not tell them what they wanted to know. Zhao said they would detain me if I still didn't give in, and then they sent me to Yunxi Detention Center, but Yunxi refused to admit me. They brought me back to Yueyang Detention Center, and several days later they sent me to the Lingxiang Detention Center.

I was illegally detained for four months. This caused severe hardships for my four children and my husband. What my children suffered was beyond what most adults could bear.

Yu Xiaoping and someone named Fang went to my home many times to force my family to move during my detention period. My husband was threatened. My eldest daughter did everything except beg on her knees. When my husband resisted their harassment, they tricked my children by saying that the four of them could stay but their father couldn't, and that their father should be taken away or all of them would be taken away. My innocent children believed them and out of fear begged their father to leave our home. It was now getting close to the New Year of 2002. While other families were preparing for happy reunions, my family was forced to separate and my store was closed down.

On March 26, 2002 when I was released from the Lingxiang Detention Center, they asked my family who would pay the 1800 Yuan for my room and board. After my relative explained the financial situation of my family to them, they still extorted 1000 Yuan from my relative. Even worse was that as soon as I returned and when it was still quite chaotic at home, three local officials, headed by Yu Xiaoping, came again. Fang tried to force me to move again.

During the four months that I was detained, my family lived a miserable life, full of constant fear and dread. They didn't even have regular meals. My children are still in school and need a stable environment, but the officials seemed to ignore our situation. I felt that I was backed into a corner and flatly refused to move out. They then pressured my landlord to force me out but failed. Still, they continued harassing us.

What is wrong with following the principles of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance"? Is it wrong to be a good person?

I appeal to all those involved in the persecution against Falun Gong to stop immediately! Follow your conscience and do not get lost in material pursuits. Make the right choice for your future!

June 26, 2002