On April 25, 2001, police from Chalukou Substation of Xianning City, Hubei Province, abducted 10 Falun Dafa practitioners from the Xianning Cigarette Factory and sent them to a detention center. After the police forced the factory to pay 100,000 Yuan RMB (the average monthly salary for urban workers is 500 Yuan), they sent the workers to the factory owned hotel for a brainwashing class. All 10 practitioners resisted the evil persecution and refused to write any guarantees. The factory then dismissed them from their positions and only gave them 100 Yuan per month to live on, causing a severe crisis for their families.

Falun Dafa practitioner Cai Huilan (female), from Xianning City, went to Wuhan City in September 2001 after being forced to leave home and go from place to place in order to avoid being arrested. Police found truth-clarifying materials in her temporary residence earlier this year, so she was sentenced in secret to 7 years of forced labor on July 9.

Falun Dafa practitioner Tao Xizhen (female), from Xianning City, was arrested at the Chalukou Substation in mid June 2002, because a former practitioner who turned against Dafa while under pressure from the persecution accused her of practicing Falun Gong. Through the use of righteous thoughts, she escaped and went to Changsha City, Hunan Province. There she was arrested for passing out truth clarifying materials. The Deputy Director of the Xianning City Police Department, Song Ruisheng, and the Political Secretary, Qian Jianxin, went to Changsha. Together with the Changsha police, they secretly sentenced her to three years in prison. Tao is now at the Hunan Detention Center.

Falun Dafa practitioner Wang Shuqian, female, 78 years old, from Xianning City, used to practice the Falun Dafa exercises at the Qianshan Hot Springs every morning and clarified truth to the local people. A local resident accused her of being a Falun Gong practitioner. The police from the Chalukou Police Station established a private jail in her home. They sent Tu Jilin to watch her day and night. He stood in front of her house and would not allow her to take one step outside. He also cut off her phone lines. She must live under house arrest for three years.

Written on July 21st, 2002.