Latest News from China - 07/14/2002
- [Northern China] Falun Dafa Practitioners Continuously Clarify the Truth About Falun Gong Through TV
- [Jiutai City, Jilin Province] Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp Police Torture Falun Gong Practitioner Liu Qinghua
- [Fuzhou City, Fujian Province] Rujiang Forced Labor Camp Police Torture Practitioner Nian Xiaopeng With Fire, Electric Shock, and Sleep Deprivation
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Harbin Police Department Form "Security Squad" to Kidnap Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp Locks Practitioners in Small Cells, Hangs and Beats Practitioners
- [China] Please Pay Attention to the "Blacklist" Distributed by China
- [Shuangcheng, Heilongjiang Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested and Stored Dafa Materials Are Destroyed
- [Zhangzhou City, Fujian Province] The Police Break Into and Ransack Practitioners' Residencies
- [Zhangzhou City, Fujian Province] The Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioner Lin Liping and Her Family
- [Jinzhou, Liaoning Province] The Police from Banshigou County Police Station in Linhai City Rob Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Zhejiang Province, China] Falun Dafa Practitioners Congratulate the Foundation of Spanish Falun Dafa Association
Since the truth about Dafa was shown on TV in Changchun, Falun Dafa practitioners in an area of Northern China have also clarified the truth to the deceived residents through TV. They have been able to show Dafa programs quite a few times.
2. [Jiutai City, Jilin Province] Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp Police Torture Falun Gong Practitioner Liu Qinghua
On March 22, 2002, police Lu Yanhui, Shi Chunfeng, Gao Chunpo, and Zhang Yuanqu tortured Dafa practitioner Liu Qinghua cruelly. Several people in the labor camp tortured him for 8 hours using various kinds of torture instruments until Liu vomited blood. Seeing that Liu's life was in danger, they finally sent him to the hospital. After Liu was released from the hospital on March 23, criminal inmate Wang Weilong beat him again using a plastic tube. At this time, Liu's body was covered with wounds. The soles of his feet were covered in blisters from the repeated electric shocks. On April 7, the police hung him up for two day just as he started to recover from the previous torture. From March 22 to April 8, they did not give Liu a drop of water to drink.
Dafa practitioner Wang Sihui has been on hunger strike for 90 days since March 25, 2002.
Dafa practitioner Dong Fengshan has been held in the "enforcement room" since March 18, 2002.
3. [Fuzhou City, Fujian Province] Rujiang Forced Labor Camp Police Torture Practitioner Nian Xiaopeng With Fire, Electric Shocks, and Sleep Deprivation
Fujian Dafa practitioner Nian Xiaopeng, a former student in Japan, went to Beijing twice to appeal. In September 2000, Nian was sent to Fuzhou City Rujiang Forced Labor Camp's enforcement squad. Nian endured all kinds of torture there yet is still persisting in his belief in Falun Dafa and did not give in to the evil.
The guard asked him to stand facing the wall and only allowed him to sleep for 2-3 hours every night. In the evening, they dragged him out of his cell and beat him. Punching and kicking were common. Sometimes, they shocked him with several electric batons simultaneously but still failed to shake him. Using a lighted cigarette, the police burned Nian's left pinky finger between the joints until the skin turned black. This left a big scar on his finger.
The guard forced Nian to run 100 times on a 400-meter-circle and shocked him when he was unable to continue. No matter how the evil persecuted him, Nian has persisted in his belief. He is still detained in the labor camp.
4. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Harbin Police Department Form "Security Squad" to Kidnap Falun Dafa Practitioners
According to a reliable source, the Harbin Police Department formed a "Security Squad" especially for the purpose of arresting Falun Dafa practitioners. This organization's actions are all very secretive. They wear plainclothes and mingle in public places. They act like practitioners who spread Dafa in order to discover genuine Dafa practitioners. They have a police car that follows them and constantly arrests Falun Gong practitioners. This group seems to have the jurisdiction over even the regular police department and arrests people at will.
5. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp Locks Practitioners in Small Cells, Hangs and Beats Practitioners
The "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] deeply feared the spreading of Falun Dafa in Jilin, Liaoning, and Heilongjiang Provinces. As July 20 is coming, the police bureau of the province and the "610 Office" are planning a new round of persecution of Dafa and practitioners. They said that they would arrest all the practitioners who had been arrested before and all those on probation for medical reasons.
Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp currently detains many male Dafa practitioners. The guards forcefully brainwash, hang and beat practitioners in small cells. Currently, practitioners in the fourth squad are holding a hunger strike.
6. [China] Please Pay Attention to the "Blacklist" Distributed by China
The Jiang regime has violated the Chinese Constitution, international laws, and the most basic rights of China's citizens. It has distributed a blacklist all over the world. For the past several months, practitioners overseas have been denied entry into some countries and districts because of this blacklist. We heard that they also have a blacklist of Chinese practitioners that is used in China's airports, borders, and some hotels.
7. [Shuangcheng, Heilongjiang Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested and Dafa Materials Are Destroyed
On July 8, 2002, the police from the "610 Office" began a roundup of Dafa practitioners in Shuangcheng and Acheng. At around 2 p.m., a leader from the Shuangcheng "610 Office" led some police to female Dafa practitioner Chen Yanpo's home and arrested her and practitioner Zang Dianwen (who has been left home to avoid persecution). They also confiscated some Dafa materials. At around 4 p.m., ten police from the "610 Office" went to female practitioner Yan Shufen's home. They arrested Yan's sister and daughter, and took the copying machine and some Dafa materials. Practitioners in other towns have also been arrested, but the details are unknown. On the same day, the Shuangcheng Police Department offered a 50,000 Yuan reward for practitioners Zang Dianlong and Xu Yongqin, Xu's wife, and two children were arrested in a residence in Acheng. Some practitioners in Acheng City were arrested at the same time. The details are under investigation.
8. [Zhangzhou City, Fujian Province] The Police Break Into and Ransack Practitioners' Residences
In December 2001, the Zhangzhou police led more than 30 plainclothes officers to Falun Dafa practitioner Huang Meiling's home. The police claimed that Huang and her daughter violated the law and then started an illegal search of the house. They took the computer that the 11th grade daughter used for her studies, as well as a printer and a scanner. They also confiscated two bank deposit certificates totaling 120,000 Yuan. They did not give Huang any receipt for these items--just for two books. The police have refused to comment on this.
9. [Zhangzhou City, Fujian Province] The Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioner Lin Liping and Her Family
Zhangzhou Falun Gong practitioner Lin Liping's family has been harassed since July 22, 1999 because Lin has persisted in practicing Falun Gong. In March 2001, during the period of the central government's congressional meeting, the Zhangzhou police department, without following any legal procedure, ordered a "house monitor" to watch their home. They confiscated her residential ID [without which one can't travel in China]. She was followed on her way to work and monitored while in her home. With four generations in her family and a 108-square-foot living room, the daily lives of her family was seriously disturbed.
In June, Lin rented an apartment because her house was going to be demolished during city renovations. However, before she could settle into her new apartment, the landlord advised her that she had to move out. He did this because the police from Xinqiao Police Station had repeatedly threatened him and the authorities in the landlord's work unit, so that he would not rent the apartment to Lin. The landlord received such notice from his work unit. In order not to involve other people, Lin moved her whole family back to the old house that would soon be demolished. Her 90-year-old grandmother was quite frightened by everything that was happening.
Lin Liping wrote letters to the authorities but did not receive any response. The construction company urged her to move so that their work would not be delayed. Hopelessly, Lin's whole family had to crowd into the upstairs of the shop that her husband rented. One day, at the end of June, Lin's young daughter grabbed a plastic bag from a practitioner in front of the shop. Some police from Nankang Police Station then entered and searched her home. The police took away Lin and her husband He Zhong. He was handcuffed in a chair in the police station for 48 hours, and Lin was illegally locked in the detention center for 25 days.
On the morning of September 8, 2001, claiming to want to help with her family's living difficulties, the residential committee office asked her to come over. When she went to the office holding her baby, the authorities informed her that she would be sent to a brainwashing center. Someone abruptly grabbed the baby from her and the baby started to cry hysterically. Some bystanders could only look away and hide their tears as the officers took her away.
10. [Jinzhou, Liaoning Province] The Police from Banshigou County Police Station in Linhai City Rob Falun Gong Practitioners
On February 13, 2002, the police from the Banshigou County Police Station in Linhai City broke into Falun Gong practitioner Sun Changsuo's home and arrested him. They searched his house and took away 4000 Yuan. Sun's 60-year-old uncle, who does not practice Falun Gong, went to the police station and asked for the money back. Not only did the police refuse to give him the money, they detained him for 7 days.
11. [Zhejiang Province, China] Falun Dafa Practitioners Congratulate the Foundation of Spanish Falun Dafa Association