Latest News from China - 07/05/2002
- [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Police Break into Civilian Home to Abduct Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Botou City, Hebei Province] A Falun Gong Material Site Is Damaged; Fellow Practitioners Are Requested to Focus on Studying the Fa and Sending forth Righteous Thoughts
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Telephone Number of Newly Appointed Chief of Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp
1. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Police Break into Civilian Home to Abduct Falun Dafa Practitioners
On the evening of June 27th, the Hefei City police in Anhui Province broke into Falun Dafa practitioners' homes and abducted Pan Yingying (female), Wang Lixian, Zheng Deming, and Qian Zhaofen (female). The police went to the extreme of using fire department vehicles to break into the homes. Only when residents and security guards of the residential complex complained that this was unwarranted behavior did the police remove the vehicles.
2. [Botou City, Hebei Province] A Falun Gong Material Site Is Damaged; Fellow Practitioners Are Requested to Focus on Studying the Fa and Sending forth Righteous Thoughts
On June 20, corrupt policemen damaged a large site for Falun Gong truth clarification materials. Personal computers, a lot of printing and publishing equipment, and a large quantity of Falun Gong truth clarification material, including compact discs, were lost. Falun Dafa practitioners associated with the site were arrested, except for a few who were forced to become homeless to avoid arrest. Because practitioners working at this site hadn't been diligent with Fa study or sending forth righteous thoughts for a long time, evil forces were able to take advantage of the situation and cause this damage. Fellow practitioners, we have had so many opportunities to correct our shortcomings, and the lessons have come at a high price. Practitioners doing Falun Dafa related work definitely cannot stop or reduce Fa study or participate less in sending forth righteous thoughts. We have to take each step well at this most difficult time.
Many fellow practitioners are presently being held in custody illegally at the Detention Center of Botou City.
3. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Telephone Number of Newly Appointed Chief of Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp
Li Defu has recently been appointed as chief of Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp. The forced labor camp has sent female Falun Dafa practitioners to the Zhangdang area in Fushun City to escalate their persecution. Zhangdang is far from town and very isolated. The authorities have blocked all information.
Li Defu's telephone number: 011-86-139-04130602 (cellular).