Latest News from China - 06/23/2002
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Brainwashing Class at Tianlu Lake Sanatorium (Dongshan District) Persecutes Practitioners
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Arrests Practitioner Meng Fengzhen
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Liu Quanwang and Gu Changqin Arrested by the Police
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Jingye Police Station Arrests Practitioners Qiu Wentao, Wang Guilan, and Their Child
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Guards from Youyi Police Station Break into A Practitioner's Home, Beat People, and Slander the Victims
- [Guilin, Guangxi Province] The Police Illegally Sentenced Many Practitioners, Including Song Yudong and Tang Chunlei, to 3 Years in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The No. 2 Electric Construction Company Teams up with the Local Police in Sending Practitioners into a Brainwashing Class
- [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Betrayers' Crimes
1. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Brainwashing Class at Tianlu Lake Sanatorium (Dongshan District) Persecutes Practitioners
The so-called "Legal Studies Class" located at Tianlu Lake Sanatorium (Dongshan District, Guangzhou City) is actually a brainwashing class where some Dafa practitioners are kept under detention. All the practitioners sent there have been forcefully arrested, and most of them are intellectuals. When the police arrested these practitioners, they did not show any ID or documents nor did they go through any legal procedures.
The practitioners have been under detention for periods ranging from 6 to 18 months. In the beginning, the staff members here did not provide the practitioners enough food; they also beat and cursed the practitioners for no reason. The brainwashing personnel force the practitioners to watch video programs that slander Teacher and Dafa. They also threaten, and torture the practitioners.
The persecutors use methods of implication to get the street community offices, local government offices, and practitioners' family members involved. Under the name of "political tasks," they force these people to persecute the practitioners. Some of the government officials implicated complain, some are angry toward the persecution, yet too scared to say anything. Some utilize the persecution as an opportunity to gain political advantage.
2. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Practitioner Meng Fengzhen
Meng Fengzhen is a 50 year-old female practitioner who lives near Ziqiang Road in Qiaoxi District, Shijiazhuang City. While she was clarifying the truth to people on the evening of May 13, 2002, the police arrested her. Meng is currently being held in the No. 2 Detention Center of Shijiazhuang City.
3. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Liu Quanwang and Gu Changqin Arrested by the Police
Liu Quanwang is a 39 year-old male practitioner who works at the Linghe Mine in Nanpiao District, Huludao City. In March 2002, police from Nuanchitang Town Police Station (Nanpiao District, Huludao City) arrested Liu. Later on, the persecutors sentenced Liu to 1 year of forced labor and sent him to Huludao City Forced Labor Camp. Since he persisted in his cultivation and resisted the persecution inside the camp, the perpetrators brutally tortured him many times, and they extended his term for another 8 months. In November 2001, Liu was released from the forced labor camp. However, the security officers in Linghe Mine sent him to Nanpiao District Detention Center, where he was kept under detention for 45 days. Later on, Liu escaped with the help of his righteous thoughts from the Linghe Mine Security Section. In May 2002, Liu went to Beijing to validate Dafa and has been missing ever since.
Gu Changqin, female, 47 years old, lived in Gangyaoling Town, Nanpiao District. For appealing in Beijing in October 1999, Gu was illegally sentenced to 3 years of forced labor. The persecutors sent her to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she persisted in her cultivation. For doing that, she was tortured to the extent that she lost her ability to speak or swallow. In May 2001, Gu was released for medical treatment. On December 28, 2001, the local police arrested her again. Gu escaped from the police station, after which she was forced to become homeless and destitute. On May 31, 2002, Gu went to a tailor's shop and did not return. She has been missing ever since.
4. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Jingye Police Arrest Practitioners Qiu Wentao, Wang Guilan, and Their Child
On June 13, 2002, persecutors from Jingye Police Station in Guta District, Jinzhou City arrested practitioner couple Qiu Wentao and Wang Guilan. The persecutors then ransacked their home and took away their son's computer (who does not practice). Finally, they arrested their son as well. Currently, all three of them are being held at the No. 1 Detention Center of Jinzhou City, and the police have sealed up their apartment.
5. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Guards from Youyi Police Station Break into A Practitioner's Home, Beat People, and Slander the Victims
On the night of April 11, 2002, police from Changhong Police Station arrested practitioner Cai Rong (female) in Jiamusi City. The persecutors then illegally sentenced Cai to 3 years in a forced labor camp. One month after Cai's arrest, about 9 guards from Youyi Police Station went to Cai's apartment and pounded on the door. At the time, Cai Rong's two daughters (one is in primary school, the other is less than 20 months old), a girl from the family of Cai's sister, and an aunt of the two daughters were at home. The guards ransacked the home and made a mess. When the daughters' aunt tried to stop them, the guards beat her up. Later on, Cai Rong's husband came back and asked the police guards for their search warrant. The guards did not have any warrant. After a while, four relatives and a friend arrived at the apartment. Seeing that the guards were so unreasonable, they started to argue with them (one of the relatives is a government official). The argument elevated into a fight. The police arrested the relatives and put them into a police van. The aunt's husband tried to carry her to a hospital, yet the police stopped and arrested him, leaving the two girl's aunt by the street. The injured women struggled to call a cab, but the police guards did not allow the taxi driver to take her.
Youyi Police Station lied to the local newspaper and on TV, saying that Cai Rong's relatives and family members beat 8 police guards, and that two of guard Zhong Qiang's teeth were knocked out. The truth is, the police guards beat many relatives of Cai Rong. Cai's sister in law (the two daughters' aunt) had many injuries on her body, and she was not able to walk. The guard Zhong Qiang has two artificial teeth. When they made a video describing "what happened," Zhong removed his teeth and claimed that Cai's relatives knocked them out. The police arrested 4 of Cai's relatives and one friend. Currently, two of them are still under detention.
Youyi Police Station in Jiamusi City: 86-454-8582590
6. [Guilin, Guangxi Province] The Police Illegally Sentenced Many Practitioners, Including Song Yudong and Tang Chunlei, to 3 Years in a Forced Labor Camp
In late April 2002, many practitioners in Xingan County and Quanzhou County (both counties are in Guilin Area, Guangxi Province) were illegally sentenced to 3 years in a forced labor camp. The persecuted practitioners include Song Yudong and Tang Chunlei. Some of these practitioners have been sent to Guangxi Women's Forced Labor Camp and the No.1 Forced Labor Camp of Guangxi Province.
7. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The No. 2 Electric Construction Company Teams up with the Local Police in Sending Practitioners into a Brainwashing Class
Around 9 AM on June 10, 2002, some persecutors at the No. 2 Electric Construction Company of Shijiazhuang City helped the local police arrest practitioner Dong Shiwu (67, retired official) and Wang Shuqing (female, 50, retired employee) from their homes. The police then sent these two practitioners to a brainwashing class. During the whole process, the police did not show any ID or documents.
8. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Collaborator's Crimes
After being "reformed," three women from Zhifu District and Xingfu District of Yantai City have collaborated with the persecutors in the local "610 Office," helping them torture Dafa practitioners in brainwashing classes. They are: Wang Guihong, Chi Zhengfang, and Gao Yaohua. They also provide information about many practitioners to the police.
In the developing area of Yantai City, some collaborators [former Falun Dafa practitioners who have renounced their belief due to intense pressure, brainwashing and torture] such as Zhong Shuzhen (female) and Meng Jianfei have been persecuting practitioners since they were "reformed." They also try to confuse and deceive many practitioners. Zhong Shuzhen even tears off truth-clarifying stickers posted by Dafa practitioners.
In Longkou City, betrayers Tang Zhuxing and Wang Cuirong (female) have been persecuting Dafa practitioners and slandering Dafa since they were "transformed." Their crimes are even worse than those committed by the police guards.