Latest News from China - 06/21/2002
- [China] A Practitioner's Righteous Thoughts Wake up a Principal
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Police Guards in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp Insert an Electric Baton into a Practitioner's Mouth and Shock Him/Her
- [Beijing] Practitioner Li Chunyuan Still Detained in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp
- [Liaoning Province] Exposing the Lies of Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Crimes Committed by Police Guards of Lingyuan City's Detention Center and Police Department
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The "610" Office Arrested Practitioner Cheng Liping Again
- [Kaifeng City, Henan Province] The Police Illegally Arrest Practitioners
- [Guangdong Province] Guangdong Province Government Plans to Arrest Practitioners and Put Them into Brainwashing Classes
- [Dehui City, Jilin Province] The Police Arrested a Dafa Practitioner
- [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] A List of Criminals
1. [China] A Practitioner's Righteous Thoughts Wake up a Principal
In a city in China, a teacher added a question that slandered Dafa to a grade 9 political studies examination. After a Dafa practitioner who works at the school discovered the question, the practitioner immediately found the principal of the school and clarified the truth to him/her. During their talk, the practitioner maintained strong righteous thoughts. Finally, the compassion of the practitioner woke up the conscience of the headmaster, who praised the practitioner, "You are exactly right about this matter." The principal agreed to help. The practitioner then returned to the examination site, where he/she continued to send forth powerful righteous thoughts. Before the exam papers were distributed to the students, the school principal personally came to the class and told the students to ignore the question that slandered Dafa.
2. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Police Guards in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp Insert an Electric Baton into a Practitioner's Mouth and Shock Him/Her
In July 2000, many practitioners from Shandong Province were arrested and sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. The labor camp then set up a "strict team" in order to tightly control the practitioners. Practitioners detained in the "strict team" were handcuffed even when they went to bed. When the practitioners returned from individual interrogations, every one of them had visible burn marks all over their bodies left by the shock from electric batons.
Despite using various torture methods, the guards could not force practitioner Hua Yuliang to give up his/her belief. So they inserted an electric baton into Hua's mouth and shocked him/her. As a result, Hua's face was badly swollen, and he/she was barely able to eat. Later, a guard led over 10 collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to intense pressure, brainwashing and torture] to brainwash the practitioners 24 hours a day. They tried to force the practitioners to give up their belief by depriving them of sleep. The guards continue to use these torture methods.
3. [Beijing] Practitioner Li Chunyuan Still Detained in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Li Chunyuan is currently illegally detained in the Tuanhe Forced labor Camp. His term will be finished soon and he is firm in his belief; he has not given in to the evil.
4. [Liaoning Province] Exposing the Lies of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
I am a Falun Gong practitioner. In 1999, I was detained in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. When officials from the central government came to inspect the camp, we were ordered to make a false appearance. Usually we work in the shops every day; but when the officials were there, we were told to attend "classes" and hold notebooks in our hands.
People, please don't listen to the lies shown on TV because they are shows made up by the guards at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in order to deceive the public about the real torture and horrific acts going on there.
5. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Crimes Committed by Police Guards of Lingyuan City's Detention Center and Police Department
Since April 25, 1999, the Lingyuan City Detention Center has always had practitioners under detention. Some practitioners have been kept there for 6 to 7 months. In order to force the practitioners to give up their beliefs, the detention center has held many brainwashing sessions. The persecutors put handcuffs and shackles on those firm practitioners and force them to stay awake all night. Officers and guards of the detention center often beat and curse the practitioners.
In the past few years, unlawful officials in the Lingyuan City Police Department have arrested innocent practitioners in order to extort money from them. The police arrested a female practitioner who lives in a rural area and detained her in the city detention center for 3 months. Since the practitioner truly benefited from cultivating Dafa, she firmly refused to give up her belief. The persecutors then continued to keep her in the detention center, which left no one to take care of her family. The practitioners' family finally borrowed over 10,000 Yuan [Chinese dollar. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is about 500 Yuan, but only 200 Yuan for a rural worker.] and bailed her out. The huge loan left the family financially bereft. There are numerous cases like this in Lingyuan City.
6. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The "610" Office Arrested Practitioner Cheng Liping Again
Practitioner Cheng Liping from Wuhan City was illegally sentenced to 18 months in a forced labor camp. The persecutors detained her in the Hewan Drug Detoxification Center. The persecutors extorted 300 Yuan from her for "living expenses" and extended her term by an extra 10 days before finally releasing her. However, she was arrested again by some people from the local "610" office. Cheng's current whereabouts are unknown.
7. [Kaifeng City, Henan Province] The Police Illegally Arrest Practitioners
From May 29 to May 31, 2002, Kaifeng City Police used a lot of their manpower to arrest 10 practitioners. When the practitioners asked why they were being arrested, the police replied that they wanted to prevent a possible gathering. The practitioners were first detained in a brainwashing class, and then transferred to the Kaifeng City Detention Center. The detention center refused to accept some of the practitioners because of their poor health. These practitioners were then transferred back to the brainwashing class, where they went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Several days later, the police released these practitioners. The rest of the arrested practitioners are still under detention. The whereabouts of a male practitioner in his 60s are unknown.
8. [Guangdong Province] Guangdong Province Government Plans to Arrest Practitioners and Put Them into Brainwashing Classes
This morning, the party secretary of my company called and told me that persecutors in the Guangdong Provincial government planned to round up all the practitioners on their "list" and force them into brainwashing classes.
9. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] The Police Arrested a Dafa Practitioner
On June 14, 2002, several police guards from Jiutai City arrested a practitioner on a train traveling from Jiutai City to Dehui City. The arrest likely occurred because the husband of a fellow practitioner reported to the police.
10. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] A List of Criminals
Political and Judiciary Committee of Chaoyang City:
Party secretary: Yao Huijun 86-421-2628691(home) 86-421-2612917 (office)
Vice party secretary: Bai Yunjing 86-421-2624337 (home)
Han Jiuyan: 86-421-2619033 (home)
Chaoyang City "610" Office:
Director: Bai Yunjing 86-421-2624337 (home)
Vice director: Liu Donghui: 86-421-2818648 (home)
Zhang Lianfeng 86-421-2618122 (home)
Chaoyang City Police Department:
Director: Huang Weizhong 86-421-2800288 (home)
Vice director: Wang Huian 86-421-2629009 (home)
Qi Hongzhi 86-421-2613499 (home)
Wang Jiming 86-421-2611996 (home)
Cui Li 86-421-2616460 (home)
Director of Political Division: Gao Qingbao 86-421-2612219 (home)