June 16, 2002

(Clearwisdom.net) Ever since the March 5, 2002 incident when Dafa practitioners interrupted the Cable TV system and broadcasted the truth about Falun Gong, some officials from Changchun City, Jilin Province intensified their persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. One Council Committee Secretary from Changchun issued an order to all labor camps to increase the "conversion" rate of Falun Gong practitioners to 90%. They were told to use whatever methods they desired. "It is the results we are interested in, not the process," the Secretary said. Hence, officers from various labor camps followed these instructions and applied brutal violence to the imprisoned practitioners in order to force them to give up their beliefs.

To avoid attracting the public's attention, all the police officers in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp were called back on Saturday, April 6, 2002, to carry out the brainwashing activities. That day, to fulfill their objectives, they ruthlessly applied the most horrifying and cruel tortures ever implemented in the prison on Dafa practitioners. It was a day of terror in the camp.

The torture devices included a one-meter long, 2-inch wide and 1-inch thick wooden rod, a rubber club, an electric baton and other instruments. One by one, the Dafa practitioners were called into the office. Each practitioner was asked to sign the "five agreements" (documents to renounce the practice of Falun Dafa, etc.). If a Dafa practitioner refused this unreasonable demand, they would chain him up, make him bend over and use the timber rod to beat him on the legs, buttocks and back. Even after a week, some practitioners had not recovered and were still limping. Then, using the rubber club, they would hit him on the head until it became swollen. If the practitioner still refused to sign the statements, they would use an electric baton on his neck, behind his ears, and on other sensitive areas of the body. If the practitioner still refused, they would make him stand in a pool of water on the ground and apply high voltage electricity to it.

Dafa practitioner Hao Weizhan from No.1 Team held firmly to his belief in Dafa all throughout the torture. To further punish him, the warden made his cellmate, Xu Hui, beat him. Hao's eye turned black from the beating and just when it was about to recover, they hit him again on the same eye. For over half a month, his eye remained black. Seeing that they were still unsuccessful, those scoundrels used a cigarette lighter to burn his hands, causing great damage to his palms. In the end, they still could not accomplish their goal.

A practitioner from No.2 Team was summoned into the office by two officers, Yang Guang and Liu Xiaoyu. Again, the practitioner was told to sign the "five agreements." When the practitioner refused, Yang and Liu punched and kicked him. Then, they used the electric baton on him. Another practitioner was beaten so badly that the only part of his body he could move was his head. He had to be fed by others at meal times.

In order to reduce his term of imprisonment, Hu Yanming, a convict from No.3 Team, began taking part in trying to force Dafa practitioner Sun Qunying to sign the "five agreements." Hu broke three broomsticks with iron handles while torturing Sun with them.

On the morning of April 7, one Dafa practitioner from the No.5 Team had to be carried out of the room after interrogation.

April 7 was a gloomy and depressing day. Yellow sandstorms appeared all over the surrounding area. The people said that they had never seen such a phenomenon before. Indeed, when the persecution of the innocent takes place like this, even gods become angry.

Persecution of Dafa practitioners is still going on in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. All forms of torture are still being carried out, and the evil is still rampant. What has been recorded here is only a tiny portion. We call on all the kindhearted people to wake up and understand the severe persecution these Dafa practitioners are suffering.