(Clearwisdom.net) On January 17, 2002, Dafa practitioner Liu Fengwu was arrested at his home by policeman Hu Guoxin from Chaoyang Town Police Station in Huinan County, Jilin Province. Without a warrant, Hu jumped into Mr. Liu's yard, forcefully arrested him and sent him to Chaoyang Police Station. At that time, his wife had already been illegally arrested.

Mr. Liu was interrogated at the police station. Zhao, the Political and Judiciary Committee Chairman, threatened, "Only if you renounce Falun Gong will you be released." The police wanted Mr. Liu to betray his fellow practitioners. They asked whether he was the leader. No matter how they inquired, he remained silent. He was therefore sent to the Beishan Detention Center in Chaoyang. As a result, his eighty-year-old mother and two children were left unattended.

To protest his illegal arrest and incarceration, Mr. Liu went on hunger strike. In a violent response, police tied him to a torture device called the "Dead Person's Bed" and force-fed him saltwater. [The Dead Person's Bed is used to torture practitioners who are on a hunger strike to protest and who do not yield to any unreasonable demands. Practitioners who are on hunger strike are tied to the "Dead Person's Bed" so that their hands and feet can't move. Jail guards and prisoners force-feed them using the " feeding through the nose" method. Many practitioners have lost their lives from this torture.] After twenty continuous days of abuse, his body was weak and he suffered from rectal prolapse. Even so, the police did not send him to a hospital. Instead, he was put in shackles after he was released from the "Dead Person's Bed."

When Liu Fengwu's family learned about his life-threatening condition, they went to the police station and asked Zhao to release him. They also asked which law Liu Fengwu violated. Mr. Liu's 11-year old daughter cried for her dad to come back home.

The thugs illegally sentenced Liu Fengwu to two years of forced labor. On April 24, 2002, police sent him to Tonghua Forced Labor Camp; however, the labor camp refused to accept him, so he was sent back to Beishan Detention Center around 7:00 p.m. on the same day, where he was detained for seventeen days. Then on May 11, Mr. Liu was sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp.

The perpetrators:

Zhao, Chairman of the Political and Judiciary Committee, Chaoyang Township, Huinan County, Jilin Province, telephone: 86-448-8242540

Chaoyang Town Police Station, telephone: 86-448-8222346, 86-448-8244450

Song, Chief of Beishan Detention Center, telephone: 86-448-8212155