I am a Chinese Falun Dafa practitioner and currently I am an international student in Denmark. Upon my graduation at the end of June, my husband and I, with our 17-month-old baby, will immigrate to Canada. Our son was born in Denmark and he has never been to China. When I asked the Chinese embassy to add his name onto my passport, I was told that I could apply for it within one month of departure. As a result, I have had to wait until this last month to submit my application.

Several days after applying, I received a phone call from the Chinese embassy. They wanted to have a discussion with me in person. I arrived at the embassy at 3 o'clock. One of the officers told me that my marriage was registered with the government of Denmark and they were suspicious of my marriage. They needed more time to consider it. After that, we talked about Falun Gong. He asked me several questions, such as why I wanted to practice Falun Gong and why I made an appeal in front of the Chinese embassy. I answered to each of his questions. I explained to him that the purpose of our appeal was to clarify to the truth to them, and I expressed our sincere wish that the

persecution in China would end. When he found a Switzerland visa stamped in my passport, he inquired about my trip there. I replied that I went there for a Falun Gong conference. He continued to ask me if there was any organization that financially supported my travel expense. I told him that the expenses for all Falun Dafa activities, including the production of truth-clarifying materials, are funded by the individual practitioners. Our conversation lasted for 4 hours. Before I left, I suggested that he talk to other Falun Dafa practitioners so that he could obtain a genuine understanding of Falun Gong.

One week later, the Chinese embassy informed me by telephone that my son's name could not be added to my passport because they did not accept my marriage. However, I looked up the marriage law and civil law employed in China and found that even though my marriage may not be accepted by the Chinese government, I am still the mother of my son; this relationship cannot be denied. In addition, according to these laws, children with unmarried mothers share the same rights as those with married mothers. When I presented these articles of law to the Chinese embassy, they replied, "What is marriage law?" They said they have their own regulations.

My residency in Denmark is going to expire soon, but my son cannot leave this country. Although the Canadian government has issued my son an entrance pass, since he lacks a valid traveling document, he is not allowed to take a connecting flight in a third country (there is no direct flight between Demark and Canada so it is necessary to take a connecting flight in a third country). I sincerely hope that the Chinese embassy officers would consider my son's situation reasonably like any parent would. It is shameful for the Chinese government to treat a 17-month-old baby like this.