April 2, 2002

(Clearwisdom.net) The victim: Liu Yang, is male, 27 years old and an employee in the Logging Company of the Liaohe Oil Field, Panjin City, Liaoning Province.

The history of the persecution against him: After April 25, 1999, because Jiang's regime persecuted Dafa, Liu Yang was illegally detained four times. This is in the period between October and November 1999, between March and April 2000, at the end of July 2000 and in the middle of August 2000, respectively. The first two times are due to his going to Beijing to appeal and the last two times are because he practiced the exercises in public at his original practice site. Afterwards, he was illegally sentenced to forced labor for one-and-a-half years on August 30, 2000. In the labor camp, he was compelled to do hard labor. In addition, he also suffered physical punishment. Especially during the eleven days after May 20, 2000, inside the labor camp so-called strict regulations applying to Falun Gong practitioners were set. Falun Gong practitioners were beaten and punished. The police's unlawful behavior was unscrupulous and they were secure in the knowledge that there was a responsible person called Zhang Shoujiang who supported them.

The details of the persecution: What Liu Yang received was mainly the "soft" punishment. That is, he was forced to partially squat near the wall and was not allowed to move. It lasted to midnight. He could only move when he ate and went to the restroom. During June and July, he was not allowed to sleep for three days. He suffered a lot at this time, that is, both his hands were held over his head or cuffed behind his back. In these two persecutions, the specific person in charge was the chief of the second brigade, Jia Jingliang and one of the concrete executive people was Wang Dechuang (a reeducated person through labor).

At the end of 2001, knowing that more than 20 practitioners had been on a hunger strike for 10 days, Tang Xiaobiao still forced them to "sit on boards" (a torture where one is forced to sit motionlessly for extended periods of time). Before fasting, Dafa practitioners had been compelled to get up at 4 a.m. in the morning (from September 20, 2001) and sit on the boards until 10 p.m. in the evening for two months. Only when they went to the restroom, could they have several minutes to get up. But they could only use the restroom several times a day. They had to sit when they ate. Liu Yang's buttocks festered and he got scabies on his body. Another 7 to 8 people had a similar situation. There was only rice for lunch. There were steamed breads made with coarse flour in the mornings and evenings that didn't provide much nutrition. They sat on the boards eighteen hours every day, slept less than six hours and their nutrition was seriously deficient causing them ill health.