What Was Seen and Heard in Changchun During the Labor Day Holidays
May 19, 2002
- During the eight national holidays around Labor Day (May 1st in China), banners like "Falun Dafa Hao! (Falun Dafa is good)" could be seen all along the railway in Changchun City. They could also be seen in other places in Jilin Province.
- A friend who works as a policeman told me, "It was said that you all will achieve Consummation in Changchun on May 20. I think this is another rumor. About 100 million people practice Falun Gong. How could Changchun hold so many people? A few days ago it was heard that you practitioners put poison in food and that you kidnapped 500 young boys and girls. I told my colleagues that it's impossible that Falun Gong practitioners would do such a thing. That would be completely against their principles. Anyway, the rumors stopped with me." More and more people realize the truth of Falun Gong. Lies are losing their ability to deceive people.
- Each time Teacher Li published a new article, Liu always let her husband who is a non-practitioner, read them. He gradually changed his misguided attitude caused by the deceitful propaganda. He began to be more understanding and supporting of Falun Gong. One day when Liu came back from a business trip and asked him to read another new article he said with a smile, "Truth-clarifying flyers could be found everywhere in the streets. We all have read this new article."
- An officer from the "610 Office" of a work unit asked an employee to closely monitor a practitioner's actions. The employee is a friend of this practitioner and knew clearly that this practitioner was a nice person. She also understood the practitioner's beliefs and was very disgusted by her superiors' order. So she told the officer, "There is nothing wrong in believing something. How could you force people to change their thoughts? I am unable to do such a job."
- Recently, every work place and police station forced Falun Gong practitioners and their relatives to fill out forms and register. They are planning another round of persecution. Not only practitioners and their relatives declined this order but also many people who have realized the truth of Falun Gong felt very angry about such actions. A university instructor said, "It's going too far! I have never seen this kind of misconduct before, even during the days of the Cultural Revolution. Those who practice Falun Gong are nice people and they never curse or fight with others. How could the government treat them this way? The authorities are so stupid. They have instead made people realize who is on the right side."
- Practitioner Zhang, a teacher, clarifies the truth of Falun Gong to people whenever she meets them. One day she met an old classmate. When she started to talk about Falun Gong, her classmate said, "You don't need to talk to me. Whenever I meet friends, I also tell them the truth. Actually most people have understood what has happened, but they are afraid to speak out. As long as you all hold firm, the truth will come out sooner or later."