Latest News from China - 05/09/2002
- [Liaoning Province] The Public Security Department Decided that Liaoning Province Would Be the Next Important Area to Persecute Falun Gong
- [Bin County, Heilongjiang Province] Large Groups of Falun Gong Practitioners Were Arrested From April 15 to April 17
- [China] High School Textbooks Defame Dafa
- [Zuozhou City, Hebei Province] Two Dafa Practitioners from Zuozhou City No. 4 Hospital Were Arrested by the Public Security Bureau When They Were on Duty
- [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Shijiazhuang No.2 Labor Camp Brutally Force-fed Dafa Practitioners For Going On Hunger Strike
- [Tianjin] Police Forces Retaliate against Practitioners Relentlessly As Massive Falun Gong Truth-Clarification Materials Appear in Dagang and the Southern Suburbs of Tianjin
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Average Citizens Dare Not Go Home under Police Terror
- [China] Practitioner Receives Heavier Sentencing for Cooperating with the Evil
- [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Police Are in Search of Homeless Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Baiyin City, Gansu Province] Jiang Zemin's "Law": Place in Custody Indefinitely If There Is Not Enough Evidence to Prosecute
- [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Police Officers from the No. 1 Division of the Lanzhou Police Department Act Like Mafia
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Baigu Police Station Abducts Falun Dafa Practitioner
- [Dongguang County, Hebei Province] Authorities Illegally Send Over Twenty Falun Dafa Practitioners to Brainwashing Classes
1. [Liaoning Province] The Public Security Department Decided that Liaoning Province Would Be the Next Important Area to Persecute Falun Gong
According to reliable information, since March 5, 2002, the fellow practitioners who have been arrested in Changchun far exceeded five thousand. Liaoning Province will be the next important area for persecuting Falun Gong, as decided by the Liaoning Provincial Public Security Department. Just like the measures used in Changchun, the public security bureau will have a list of names for arresting Falun Gong practitioners without any legal procedures.
2. [Bin County, Heilongjiang Province] Large Groups of Falun Gong Practitioners Were Arrested From April 15 to April 17
Within three days from April 15 to April 17, 2002, in the Bin County of Heilongjiang Province, large groups of Falun Gong practitioners were arrested. The public security officers did not present any legal documents. The police ransacked practitioners' homes, confiscated their property and arrested them. Particularly in the neighboring counties of Bin County, such as Ningyuan County, Qingyang County and Shengli County, the police continued to arrest large groups of Falun Gong practitioners. Presently, we need to clarify the truth and validate Dafa. We hope that all Dafa practitioners in Bin County will send out righteous thoughts in unison to eradicate the evil forces in Bin County and in the neighboring counties that persecute Dafa and Dafa practitioners.
3. [China] High School Textbooks Defame Dafa
The high-school textbook, Economic and Political Foundation, contains a section that defames and attacks Falun Dafa as concocted by Zhang Guizhi from Guizhou. This textbook was published in June 2001. The editor-in-chief is Shi Haiyan, the reviser-in-chief is Wang Puqu, Hu Jun, Tie Cheng; the revisers are Liu Wei and Jing Xia.
4. [Zuozhou City, Hebei Province] Two Dafa Practitioners from Zuozhou City No. 4 Hospital Were Arrested by the Public Security Bureau When They Were on Duty
In the morning of April 30, 2002, the government officers of the "610 Office," the Zuozhou City Public Security Bureau and the No. 4 Hospital deceived two female practitioners, Yao Jiang and Xing Xiuqin, from Zuozhou City No. 4 hospital, Hebei Province. They were forced to write the "Guarantee Letter". Since Xing Xiuqin refused to follow their order, she was taken away. The policemen sent Yao Jiang back to No. 4 Hospital for emergency treatment after she lost consciousness from being beaten by the police.
5. [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Shijiazhuang No.2 Labor Camp Brutally Force-fed Dafa Practitioners For Going On Hunger Strike
He Wen (Alias), female, 50 years old is now detained in Shijiazhuang No.2 Labor Camp in 23 Beijiao Street. She was arrested on the eve of February 19, 2002. She went on hunger strike and became physically weak. Since April, she vomited a lot of blood, and the situation became very serious. The persons who force-fed her were not doctors, and did not have any medical training. They force-fed her for as many as 500 grams to one kilogram. At the same time, they brutally used big and thick pipes to torture other Dafa practitioners. He Wen has atrophy of the stomach, and her life is in great danger.
The responsible unit is Xinhua Political and Security Team.
Wang Yunman, female, 48 years old, is illegally detained in Shijiazhuang No.2 Labor Camp in 23 Beijiao Street. On February 26, she went on hunger strike to protest. She became feeble and began vomiting blood. Even in such a situation, she was still frequently beaten. In April, after being incited by the disciplinary guards, the prisoners beat her severely. She was hospitalized for four days in the provincial hospital.
6. [Tianjin] Police Forces Retaliate against Practitioners Relentlessly As Massive Falun Gong Truth-Clarification Materials Appear in Dagang and the Southern Suburbs of Tianjin
Before April 25, in Dagang, the southern suburbs of Tianjin, and other areas in Tianjin, a large amount of Falun Gong truth-clarification CD's, banners, and leaflets appeared in streets and neighborhoods. Thousands of people got to know the truth. This has scared the evil forces to death. The police have since been in a frenzy in their retaliation against practitioners.
It has been confirmed that Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Shufang (female, over 50 years old) from Shuangzha Village in the southern suburbs of Tianjing was arrested on April 22. There were three other practitioners arrested in Zhongtang, but details are not yet available. Qi Xiuming (male) has been sent to the hospital after he went on a hunger strike. Qi's family members said his life is in imminent danger. Xu Zigao (female, 17 years old) has escaped from the police's control with the help of fellow practitioners. The police are in an all-out search for her.
7. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Average Citizens Dare Not Go Home under Police Terror
Since April 2002, the police in Jiamusi City have launched several campaigns rounding up Falun Dafa practitioners. Most Falun Dafa practitioners have been forced to leave their homes to avoid terrible persecution. Even some non-practitioners who have refused to cooperate with evil people in power have to leave their homes to avoid harassment.
8. [China] Practitioner with Attachments in Mind Receives Heavier Sentencing for Cooperating with the Evil
A practitioner was arrested by the police and put on trial. In the courtroom, even the prosecutor made some fair statements about Falun Gong. However, the practitioner failed to validate Falun Dafa in the court room. On the contrary, the practitioner thought that he himself was to be blamed. Originally the court had internally decided to sentence the practitioner to one year in jail after a one year postponement. In the end, the practitioner received a seven year sentence.
We should remember the teachings from the founder of Falun Gong, "As a Dafa disciple, why fear the evil ones when enduring persecution? The crux of the matter is that you have attachments. If not, do not endure passively, and face the evil people with righteous thoughts at all times. No matter what the situation, do not cooperate with the evil's demands, orders, or what it instigates. If everyone does this the environment won't be this way." (Dafa Disciples' Righteous Thoughts are Powerful)
9. [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Police Are in Search of Homeless Falun Dafa Practitioners
Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Guanglian was forced to leave home a few months ago due to police harassment and persecution. Recently Zhang was arrested. It was reported that Zhang could face jail sentencing. Also local authorities have been incessantly looking for the whereabouts of other Falun Dafa practitioners who have left home. The police intend to catch them for further persecution.
10. [Baiyin City, Gansu Province] Jiang Zemin's "Law": Place in Custody Indefinitely If There Is Not Enough Evidence to Prosecute
Bai Sanyuan, male, 40 years old, is a peasant in Jinxia Village, Pingbao Township, Jingyuan County, Baiyin City, Gansu Province. He was unjustly put on trial on August 27, 2001 for practicing Falun Dafa. Since the court could not produce any evidence that he had committed any crime, his attorney defended him as innocenct. However by now he has still been held in the Xiguoyuan Detention Center for over a year. This middle-aged man who was healthy before his detention now suffers from a heart rate of 120 beats per minute. He also suffers from pain in both feet and legs. All four of his limbs are numb. His wife was also arrested at the same time, and has been kept in Pingtai Forced Labor Camp in Lanzhou until now. Bai Sanyuan's mother-in-law has been sent to the hospital for emergency treatment due to poor health. Bai's two under-aged children have become homeless as there is no one to take care of them. An innocent and happy family has been broken into pieces.
11. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Police Officers from the No. 1 Division of Lanzhou Police Department Act Like Mafia
From May 3 to May 5, the No. 1 Division of the Lanzhou Police Department has arrested over a dozen Falun Dafa practitioners. The police broke into and ransacked practitioners' homes by prying open doors and windows. Their acts were no different from mobsters.
Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Zhengming and a guest who was visiting him at his home were savagely taken away.
12. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Baigu Police Station Abducts Falun Dafa Practitioner
At around 10:00 a.m. on April 25, Song Jr. was handling routine business at his work. Police officer Zhang Wanjiang from the Baigu Police Station in Jinzhou City and another plain-clothes police officer forcibly took away Song Jr. and sent him into the No. 2 Detention Center of Jinzhou City.
Telephone number of Dong Tie, the chief of the Baigu Police Station in Jinzhou City: 011-86-416-2810150.
13. [Dongguang County, Hebei Province] Authorities Illegally Send Over Twenty Falun Dafa Practitioners to Brainwashing Classes
Around the May 1st holiday season, authorities of Dongguang County in Hebei Province frantically arrested Falun Dafa practitioners. So far over twenty Falun Dafa practitioners have been illegally sent to brainwashing classes.