Latest News from China - 04/13/2002
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Vicious Policemen in Baimiao Forced Labor Camp Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Yang Quanli and Gao Daxing Are Abducted by the Police for No Reason
- [Hubei Province] Police Officer Angers the Public by Violating the Law
- [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Harassed and Arrested As Rental Properties Are Searched by the Police
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Injured in Beatings at the No. 7 Large Team in the No. 2 Forced Labor Camp; Authorities Block Information
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Changchun Police Department Uses Special Fund to Hire Practitioners' Neighbors as Monitors
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners Abducted
- [Beijing] Use Righteous Thoughts to Clear the Evil Publications
- [China] Xinhua News Agency Reporters Who Persecute Falun Dafa
1. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Vicious Policemen in Baimiao Forced Labor Camp Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners
He Xianglong, the director of the No.3 Large Team in Baimiao Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, has been brutally persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners with no remorse. One evening in late February, a Falun Dafa practitioner named He Sanpu wrote a review after being forced to watch the "Focus and Interviews" program on China Central TV station. He exposed the lies in the TV program and at the end of the article, he signed with dignity and honor, "Falun Dafa practitioner He Sanpu." Around 9:00 the next morning, He Sanpu was called into He Xianglong's office in the No.3 Large Team. The door was shut. With help from a police officer with the last name of Ma, He Xianglong handcuffed He Sanpu. Then, He Xianglong and Ma discharged electric shocks to He Sanpu's face, lips, neck, and eyes. They also slapped, kicked, and punched He Sanpu during the 30-minute torture.
He Sanpu, 53 years old, has persevered in practicing Falun Gong. All three members of his family have suffered persecution. His wife Zhang Hanwen has been sentenced to two years of forced labor, and is currently held in Shibali Female Forced Labor Camp in Henan Province. Their daughter He Yanchen can't return home, as she is being pursued by the police.
Starting at the end of March, a new brainwashing session is being held in Zhengzhou City. Falun Dafa practitioner Fu Zhenyong was unjustly sentenced to one year of forced labor, and then received a three month extension. Because of his firm belief in Falun Dafa, he was forcibly sent to brainwashing classes upon completing his "term" on March 31, 2002 in Baimiao Forced Labor Camp .
Address of Zhengzhou Baimiao Forced Labor Camp: No. 62 Wenhua Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, ZIP 450002.
Telephone number at the No. 5 Large Team: 011-86-371-3831209.
Telephone number at the No. 3 Large Team: 011-86-371-3828739.
2. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Yang Quanli and Gao Daxing Are Abducted by the Police for No Reason
Falun Dafa practitioners Yang Quanli and Gao Daxing in Cangzhou City, Hebei Province were recently abducted by the police for no reason. Details are not yet known, but this may be related to the "kill without pardon" order issued by the Jiang regime. It is likely that these abductions could be an effort by the police to meet the quota given from higher authorities.
Zhang Qinghua, Mayor of Cangzhou City.
Cai Hua, deputy Party secretary of the Canzhou Party Committee (in charge of the persecution of Falun Gong).
Director Jia, the "610 Office" in Cangzhou City.
Bai Zengxing, chief of the police department in Yunhe District of Cangzhou City: 011-86-317-9041336, or 011-86-317-2015982 and ask for him.
Dai Wenfu and Tang Zhongshan, chiefs of the police department in Xinhua District of Cangzhou City: 011-86-317-30400054, 011-86-317-3021541.
3. [Hubei Province] Police Officer Angers the Public by Violating the Law
A Falun Dafa practitioner in Hubei Province was released from a forced labor camp less than a month ago. Since he has refused to cooperate with those who carry out the persecution, the police have been following him, hoping for some excuse to bring charges against him. On the evening of April 8, just after the practitioner arrived home, the police officer that had been trailing him, a section chief at the police station, smashed the gate of the work unit's family quarters with the police vehicle twice, breaking the latch. While hitting the gate with the car, he yelled, "You don't make my life easy, nor will I make yours. What an organization is your bureau. You have failed to rein him in, and even allowed him to stay in the compound without driving him out." The security guard and employees who witnessed this were very angry. No matter what, they wouldn't allow the police officer to enter the family quarters. One employee said to the police officer, "You are wearing the national emblem on your hat, how could you yell like this with such an attitude. He lives in a room that was purchased by his mother when she was alive. He doesn't work at our work unit, so how could the work unit rein him in?" This talk infuriated the police officer. He walked into the store next to the gate operated by the employee, and started throwing items out of the store. The employee dialed 110 to call the police, but, seeing that it was the section chief, the 110 police officers left without daring to intervene.
This incident has angered everyone in the work unit of this organization.
4. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Harassed and Arrested As Rental Properties Are Searched by the Police
The police have started a dragnet search of rental properties in Anshan City, Liaoning Province in an attempt to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners. Practitioners in several districts have been harassed and persecuted.
5. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Injured in Beatings at the No. 7 Large Team in the No. 2 Forced Labor Camp; Authorities Block Information
A Falun Gong practitioner at the No. 7 Large Team in the No. 2 Forced Labor Camp was injured as a result of being beaten, while labor camp authorities blocked all information. The guards would not allow family members to visit the injured practitioner. Dong Lei, Cai Canshu, and others share primary responsibility for the beating.
After February's exposure of the persecution in this labor camp, reports indicate that authorities are now planning escalated suppression. Practitioners who are held in the special management office are already being severely persecuted. Details are under investigation.
6. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Changchun Police Department Uses Special Fund to Hire Practitioners' Neighbors as Monitors
Changchun City Police Department used a special fund to hire the neighbors of Falun Dafa practitioners. The police department will pay the neighbors a monthly salary to monitor the practitioners.
7. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners Abducted
Falun Dafa practitioners Wang Xiaoyan, Dong (Junior) and Qu (Junior) (and possibly more) from Fushun City have been abducted by corrupt police. They were robbed of both money and possessions, and their homes are being monitored.
8. [Beijing] Use Righteous Thoughts to Clear the Evil Publications
The Wangfujing Xinhua Book Store and Xidan Book Building in Beijing have many publications slandering Falun Dafa. In October 2001 there were many deceptive publications on shelves and in baskets at the Wangfujing Xinhua Book Store. Although there were fewer publications displayed during Chinese New Year, those books were full of appalling lies. Many innocent people have been deceived every day due to this established, yet inconspicuous corruption. We hope more practitioners will send righteous thoughts together to thoroughly clean up that environment.
Wangfujing Xinhua Book Store: #218 Wangfujing Dajie, P O Box 1835 Beijing, Zip 10006
Phone: (86) (10) 6525-5883, 6525-2592, 6513-2842, 6513-2843
Fax: (86) (10) 65132829
Xidan Beijing Book Building: Phone (86) (10) 6607-8477, AV department (86) (10) 606-6504, Mail Order: (86) (10) 6607-8468
9. [China] Xinhua News Agency Reporters Who Persecute Falun Dafa
A partial name list of corrupt reporters of Xinhua News Agency who write articles persecuting Falun Dafa:
Wu huanqing, Lu Guoqing, Dong Zhiyong