Facts of Persecution Against Dafa Practitioners in Tangyuan County, Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province
1. Song Xiaojun is a 51-year-old female retired teacher, from the Second Middle School of Tangyuan County. In December 1999, Zhou Tiegang, the head of political and security section of the public security bureau, repeatedly asked Song to the Public Security Bureau for interrogation. Song was also forced to leave a deposit of 2000 Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan] as a guarantee (not to practice Falun Gong), or she'd be sent to a forced labor camp. When Zhou later reported to the Disciplinary Review Board, Song was expelled from the Party in December 1999. In 2000, Song's son was denied entry into the military because Song is a Falun Gong practitioner, and her husband's promotion was also negatively affected.
2. Li Yazhi, is a female, 43, and a teacher from the Second Middle School of Tangyuan County. For going to Beijing to appeal, she was jailed for more than 40 days and Qu Xianfeng and others from the Public Security bureau extorted 5000 Yuan from her.
While Ms. Li was in jail, Zhou Tiegang, Deng Jianru, Xu Qing, Wang Xiaochun, Tang Dianguo and others documented her case and reported to the Disciplinary Review Board, and she was fired from her teaching position on December 29, 1999.
While Ms. Li was appealing in Beijing, her two daughters of age 16 and 13 were brought to the office of the Education Committee and interrogated separately, hurting them mentally and physically.
Before she was fired, the principal of Ms. Li's school had threatened her saying, "If you keep practicing you'll be fired or laid-off." Li's husband was also punished because she practiced Falun Gong.
3. Luo Shuzhen, female, 60, is a retiree from the Tangyuan Township grain depot in Tangyuan County. For going to Beijing to appeal on July 20, 1999, she was arrested at Tiananmen Police Station and illegally jailed for 15 days after being escorted home. She was released only after 1000 Yuan was extorted from her. Zhou Tiegang from the Public Security bureau withheld her ID for more than two years.
On November 26, 1999, She went to Beijing again to validate Dafa and was sentenced to one year in a labor camp, but she remained at home for health reasons. Late at night on June 23, 2000, she was arrested and illegally detained for about 6 months. Ms. Luo was released because her health had been severely damaged, and police feared communication between her and newly arrested Dafa practitioners. To that point Ms. Luo had been in and out of the police station four times. Once she left, her home was ransacked. Unable to find her, the police issued an arrest warrant and distributed her picture to the surrounding townships and raised the reward from 5,000 to 20,000 Yuan. Many of her family members were persecuted. When Ms. Luo went home three months later, she was reported to the Public Security Bureau and sent to a labor camp for a second one-year term.
After her release the county officials ordered her work unit to monitor her 24 hours a day. The street office and neighborhood hired people to monitor her. Police frequented her home to harass her. All of her mail was also illegally opened.
The Grain Depot Party Secretary Li Chenchang, together with Liu Zhaoxin, the chief of 610 office [A bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches], former and current County Party Secretaries Tian Liying and Liu Duobing ruthlessly persecuted her. Her pension was reduced to just 65 Yuan a month, placing her family in extreme poverty.
Since her belief in Dafa is unshakable, her relatives and children were also threatened. Liu Zhaoxin (a supervisor from the 610 office) threatened to arrest her son if she went to Beijing again.
The following is a list of names and phone numbers of officers enforcing the persecution.
County Party Secretary: Liu Duobing
Former County Head (current Daqing Party Vice Secretary): Tian Liying
County Head in charge of political and legislative issues: Fu Yanzheng
Vice chief: Yang Jingshan
Head of the political brigade: Zhou Tiegang, home phone: 86-454-7622871
Head of 610 office: Liu Zhaoxin, 86-454-7627363
Head of the legal section: Tang Dianguo.
4. Xia Ying, female, works in the Jiamusi Department Store. In March 2000, afraid she would again go to Beijing, she was forced to write a letter of guarantee or quit her job. After she quit, she was sent to the Xiangyang police station and 5000 Yuan was extorted from her, which still has not been returned. In August 2000, she was illegally detained for about one month and released only after her family paid an undisclosed amount of extortion money.
5. Since April 9, 2002 a large-scale search and arrest effort combined Jiamusi City Public Security Bureau, police stations, and State Security bureau. Many Dafa practitioners were illegally arrested.
1) On April 11, 2002, several police went to Yonghong District and knocked on Dafa practitioner Cai Rong's door. Cai Rong refused to open the door, so police remained at Cai's home for a whole night. The next morning, when her elder daughter opened the door to go to school, police took the opportunity to break in and arrest Cai Rong. Police searched Cai's home and detained Cai's two children, of age 12 and 1. No one was allowed to leave or make phone calls. By remaining in Cai's home police hoped to arrest Dafa practitioners who may visit her.
2) On April 11, 2002, several policemen broke into Dafa practitioner Xiao Jinzhi's home and found a Falun Gong exercise instruction tape. Police then arrested and detained Xiao.
3) At 8 p.m. on April 10, 2002, several police knocked on Dafa practitioner Li Guifen's door. Li refused to open the door. The next day, the police returned, but she still refused to opened the door. Later Li was arrested by police waiting in ambush near her home.
4) On April 10, 2002, police knocked on Dafa practitioner Zhang Guizhen's home, but she refused to open the door. The next day, police waiting in ambush around her home arrested Zhang.
5) Dafa practitioner Zhang Tiezhong was arrested from home by police officers Cheng Gong, Song Yawei and others. When Zhang's work unit asked for his release, police refused.
6) Dafa practitioner Zhang Guohai, an employee of Jiamusi East Railway rolling stock department, was kidnapped while working.
7) Dafa practitioner Yu Guangming was kidnapped by police, leaving an 8-year-old child at home unattended.
8) Yang Yongping is a teacher at Jiamusi University. On April 12, 2002, he was illegally removed from his home by police and the head of the security department of the university and later illegally detained.
9) Dafa practitioner Liu Guirong, worked in the 3rd water conservation department of Jiamusi city, and he was arrested on April 12, 2002.
10) On April 13, 2002, policemen searched and arrested Dafa practitioners from the 3rd water conservation department of Jiamusi City. Approximately 40 were arrested, including Fan Guizheng, Liu Liying, Yang Li, and Wang Shuxin.
11) On April 15, 2002, policemen kidnapped Dafa practitioner Ji in Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang province, and confiscated his computer.
12) On April 15, 2002, policemen kidnapped Dafa practitioner Zhang Li from her home in Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang province and left her children and 80-year-old mother unattended.
We hope that fellow practitioners will stay vigilant and study the Fa with a tranquil mind. Let us use righteous thoughts to look at all issues and perfect ourselves. Totally reject the arrangements made by the old forces, and only then can we create a good environment.