Jingmeng Officials that Persecuted Dafa Practitioners Receive Retribution and Bring Damage to the Citizens
- An unprecedented tornado, flood and hailstorm in Liuxiang Town, Dongbao Township, Jingmeng City, killed one person on April 3rd. The town suffered massive property damage, and one person is missing.
- The ex-head of the personnel department of Jingmeng City's Consumers Goods Supply Corporation, Liu Zhengsong, actively persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners. In January 2001, barely two weeks after he decieved a practitioner into a brainwashing class, Liu and his son were killed instantly and his wife was almost paralyzed in a car accident involving his whole family. His brother lost both his legs due to another car accident on the same day.
- The ex-vice director of Yueliang Lake Police Station, Sun XX, persecuted the previous vice station head and practitioner Ci Baosheng, as well as other practitioners. He was brutally killed by robbers right after he became the new vice station head.
- Li Hongjun, the head of the City Fabric Industry Main Company, always cursed Dafa, attacked and defamed the Teacher, and unlawfully sent practitioners to labor camps. Li suffered from a tumor in 2001, which eventually killed him.
- Chen Qijun, a former police officer from Shayang County Police Department, persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners, destroyed Falun Dafa books and desecrated the Teacher's picture. He suffered a sudden illness in February 2002, which paralyzed him. The mother of another corrupt Shayang police officer died of a sudden illness while the officer was ransacking a practitioner's home.
- The city-appointed secretary Hu Zhongliang, also the ex local 610 Office head, actively persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners, and ordered his thugs to do so, too. He had, on numerous occasions, defamed Dafa and the Teacher publicly. He has received retribution and is now lying ill in a hospital bed, realizing the crimes he has committed.
- Hubei City Hall's secretary Jiao Junxian, also the former Jingmeng city-appointed secretary, always brutally persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners. On October 11, 2000, Jiao was arrested on criminal charges. He was publicly prosecuted on January 6, 2001, and lost his party membership.