(Clearwisdom.net) I began to practice Falun Gong in 1998 and it was Teacher who saved my life. It is Teacher who, according to the principles of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance," instructs us to become good people. It is Teacher who asks us to upgrade our morality, to be compassionate, to become better people, and to be unselfish.

Since July 20, 1999 Jiang's regime has relentlessly attempted to destroy Dafa and persecuted Dafa practitioners. Lots of Dafa practitioners were arrested, brutally beaten up and sentenced to forced labor or imprisonment. Their houses were ransacked. Being a Dafa practitioner, I wanted to go to Beijing to appeal but had no money. So I distributed truth-clarifying materials in local towns and villages. I told the public the truth and personally gave them truth-clarifying materials.

Lawless policemen live on money earned by hard-working people, and they followed secret persecution orders from Jiang to arrest Dafa practitioners. In April 2001, when I was distributing truth-clarifying materials at Aoping Town, an abusive police officer named Li Taode from Aoping Town's Police Station arrested and brutally beat me. Then I was sent back to the local police station. The policemen used all kinds of means to try to find out the source of the truth-clarifying materials. I didn't cooperate with them at all. Later, they sent me to the detention center of the city where I lived, but I still persisted in practicing the exercises and studying the Fa every day. I spread Dafa to the prisoners in the cell. In the beginning none of them accepted the truth and were hard on me. Once the "cell head" tried pour a cup of hot tea on me, but it missed me and splashed onto another prisoner. Then they began to fight. I warned them about the principle of "good is rewarded with good and evil is met with evil." After hearing what I said they stopped fighting and changed their bad ideas, and one person even wanted to learn Dafa. Later, people from the "610 Office" [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] transferred me to a brainwashing class. Practitioners in this brainwashing class were detained with open-ended terms. The vile persons beat practitioners at will. On the one hand, the personnel from the "610 Office" were behaving hypocritically toward me, with a nice demeanor. On the other hand, they searched my house many times, threatened my daughter to tell them the source of truth-clarifying materials and even ordered that my daughter be suspended from school.

Under these circumstances I yielded to the evil, signed the "guarantee statements" [renouncing Falun Gong and promising not to appeal] and went back home.

On July 6, after I came back home, I became aware that I went astray in my cultivation path. I chastised myself for failing to live up to Teacher's merciful salvation. In front of Teacher's picture I cried and pledged to Teacher, "I will stand up again and step forward on the path of Fa-rectification." That night, my nose began bleeding profusely. I thought about how much pain Teacher had to bear for me again. On the evening of October 25, 2001, the vile persons of the city came to my home to search for truth-clarifying materials. I didn't cooperate with them. They could not enter my home and had to go back empty-handed. On the evening of October 28, they came to my home again. Since they couldn't get in, they climbed over the wall of my yard, but my inner door and outer door were both locked, trapping them in the courtyard. In order to trick me into opening the door, they lied, "We came here to ask you to teach us how to practice Falun Gong. Please open the door." I said, "You must first say 'Falun Dafa is good, restore the reputation of Teacher and Dafa' and place your palm in the correct position in front of your chest to eliminate the evil in yourself. Then I will open the door." Hearing my words, they knew there was no way I would open the door. They saw that I was practicing, so they asked me what I was doing. I told them openly and with dignity, "I am practicing Falun Gong!" Then they began to slander Teacher. I warned them, "The heavens will send heavy rain to punish you." As expected, it began to rain heavily and these thugs were all soaked. They looked pitiful, so I opened the door and let them go.

Around November, several practitioners and I made plans to go to Beijing. On the train heading to Beijing, we continually spread the Fa, practiced the exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts. After we arrived in Beijing, we came to Tiananmen Square. At the place where the national flag is raised we unfurled the banner above a policeman's shoulders [who was guarding the flag]. We returned safely after that. On the train back home, we still hung banners and spread Dafa to passengers. All the passengers in our car heard the truth. Under the protection of our compassionate Teacher we returned safely.

In December, when I was distributing truth-clarifying materials on the street of the town, a vile person named Deng Sanwa arrested me and sent me to the local police station. The director asked me what I was doing here. I replied that I was here to rectify the Fa. I said, "I didn't want to come to the police station at all. It is you who detained me here." When Deng Sanwa arrested me I sternly warned him, "Don't arrest me, otherwise you will receive retribution for your evildoing!" Deng Sanwa later broke his leg. I heard that though he spent all of the 500 Yuan he had been paid for arresting me on medical expenses, his leg still hasn't healed. He received immediate retribution in this lifetime. Policemen from the town's police station sent me to the city detention center and illegally detained me for 15 days. Afterwards, they attempted to send me to the upper-level city jail. But the jail refused to accept me, as did the brainwashing class. No place wanted to accept me anymore. I knew it was Teacher who saved me again. As the evil saw that I was in such "poor" health that no place would accept me, they had to release me once again. From then on, I began to openly study the Fa and practice the exercises. Over a dozen practitioners do the exercises together at our practice site. The thugs were at their wits' end. As long as officials came to my home, I spread Dafa to them, told them the truth and gave them truth-clarifying materials and videos.

On the path of Fa-rectification, we will become better and better, all because of Teacher's merciful salvation.