(Clearwisdom.net) The "Judicial Training Center" in Shandong Province is a provincial brainwashing center that was illegally established by Jiang's regime and is used exclusively for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. It is very close to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. The majority of personnel in the center came from Wangcun Labor Camp. Among them, seven belong to the Brainwashing Office, headed up by Officers Ma and Luo. Falun Gong practitioners from all over Shandong Province have recently been sent to the center for brainwashing in a seemingly never-ending stream. In order to defeat practitioners' determination, officials in the brainwashing center use many means to torture and exhaust practitioners' minds. They deprive practitioners of sleep, as they threaten, intimidate and attempt to deceive them.

The brainwashing center uses the following strategy: when newly kidnapped Dafa practitioners first arrive, they are dispatched, against their will, to individual "classes" in the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, and officials begin the so-called "helpful education." Each practitioner is accompanied by an "Education Assistant," who monitors the practitioner's activity 24 hours a day. They force-feed practitioners who appeal by means of a hunger strike, leaving the practitioners' nostrils wounded and bloody. Some practitioners' stomachs were infected from repetitive force-feeding. A practitioner who went on a hunger strike for over 20 days was later secretly sent to a mental hospital because it was too difficult to force-feed him.

Some practitioners' blood pressure was as high as 200 mHg, but they were still tortured. For example, after I was sent to the forced labor camp, I was kept in a storage room and deprived of sleep day and night. I was forced to sit on a small stool and the traitors [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture who now assist the authorities in the persecution of practitioners] took turns harassing me. Even in the freezing cold winter, whenever they saw I was sleepy and wanted to close my eyes, they would pour cold water on my face. They either dragged my head out of the window exposing me to the cold wind or hit my head with a stool or fists. They would use whatever method they could think of to prevent me from sleeping. After not sleeping for 8 days, I felt dizzy, lost my sense of direction and could not even remember where I was.

In order to make the practitioners yield, the vicious officers did not even allow the "Education Assistant" to sleep. Blaming everything on the practitioners, the authorities thus redirected all the "Education Assistants'" complaints and anger toward practitioners. As a result of this, some "Education Assistants" became ill. Some could not tolerate it and escaped. However, practitioners they considered to be stubborn were handcuffed and chained to beds or window-bars day and night. There were also other ways used to torture practitioners. One example was to force them to stand facing a wall for extremely long periods of time. If a practitioner made a Solemn Declaration rescinding an earlier renouncement of Falun Gong, the practitioner would be made to stand facing the wall for over two months.

Some practitioners were electrically shocked with more than 10 electric batons simultaneously for not giving in. Scars can be clearly seen on their legs and arms. The confinement rooms in the labor camp were used exclusively to physically torture practitioners who did not yield.

Some practitioners' hands and feet were locked onto a "Dead man's bed" (a kind of torture where a special bed is used to tie practitioners to) for more than 10 consecutive days. Due to both mental and physical torture, some practitioners almost collapsed. Using such coercive means, leading practitioners to lose awareness and their ability to tell right from wrong, the authorities were able to force practitioners to yield. Practitioners were not allowed to sleep until they agreed to sign the "Three Guarantees" (agreeing to give up practicing, to defame Dafa and to defame Teacher) when not being of sound mind. They were then transferred from the labor camp to the training center, where the Brainwashing Office forced them to undergo "ideological education." Practitioners have no autonomy or freedom of speech. Officers could transfer the practitioners back into the labor camp as they wished, at any time. Meanwhile, practitioners were not allowed to call or meet their families. Thus, after many practitioners were arrested, their family members still did not know their whereabouts. Often, employers would have to send people to act as "Education Assistants." Where this was not possible, the practitioner's family would have to provide an "Education Assistant." As a result, many of the practitioners' family members were often seen in the training center. Husbands were teamed with their wives, brothers with sisters, parents with their sons or daughters. They could not even go home to take care of the elderly and the young. Many families were thus separated. They could not even get together during the time of the Spring Festival.

All the expenses during the brainwashing classes had to be paid by the practitioners, including room and board for the "Education Assistant," travel expense to kidnap the practitioners, as well as meals for the police. Some practitioners were fined up to 10,000 Yuan. The evil authorities thus "crushed the practitioners mentally, eliminated them physically and destroyed them financially." This is how they treat Falun Gong practitioners who believe in "Truth, Compassion and Tolerance."