(Clearwisdom.net) I am a female Dafa practitioner. Shortly after 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2001, I was arrested at a fellow practitioner's home. Seven or eight people came to arrest us. No identification of any kind was shown, and we did not know who they were. Later I heard that they were from "the special cases group," which consisted of people from the criminal investigation team of the police department, district government and other government units in the Xinshi District.

Three of us were arrested. The male fellow practitioner was pushed down on the ground with both of his hands cuffed behind his back. They beat and kicked him. Another female fellow practitioner and I were cuffed together. The officers found my identification card and about 900 Yuan in my bag and illegally confiscated them. What hurt me was that the Dafa books and Teacher's articles I had with me were all confiscated. When we were pushed into the police vehicle, a lot of people were watching. We shouted, "Falun Dafa is good," "Falun Dafa is the righteous way of cultivation," and "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance is the Buddha Fa." In the meantime we sent forth our righteous thoughts. We shouted along the way, hoping that people could distinguish between good and evil.

We were taken into a big downtown compound of several rows of houses. Slogans that slandered Dafa were written on the walls. We were first taken into a big room that had many foldable beds, then they resumed beating the male fellow practitioner. I, with my hands cuffed behind my back, was separated from them and taken into another big room, which also had many foldable beds. As soon as I entered the room, the police started to use electric batons to shock my face, mouth, arms, and back. They grabbed me by the hair and slapped my face. They hit me too many times to count. While beating me they asked me to give my name and where I came from. Later, the electric batons ran out of power. Then they beat me with black rubber clubs, mainly on the areas from my waist to the knees. All that time, three or four vicious policemen beat me in turn. One of them began thrusting his knee into my stomach but was then stopped by another policeman. Later the policemen made me sit on a foldable bed by cuffing me to a middle leg of the bed. Afterwards, three policemen were left on duty. One of them stabbed my feet with a toothpick. I had kept my eyes closed and remained silent from the beginning to the end. I cannot remember how much time had passed before the policemen fell asleep. I also fell asleep while sitting. Master said, "A Dafa disciple completely opposes everything arranged by the evil old forces" ("Dafa is Indestructible"). When I woke up, I kept thinking, "I cannot passively endure this and I have to find a way to get out of here."

On August 6, after the shift change, the vicious policemen started another round of torturing me. They grabbed my hair, slapped my face, and also burned my neck, feet, and arms with smoldering mosquito-repellent incense, leaving over 40 burns on my body. Making no progress, they became even angrier. They covered my body with four or five quilts and tied both of my feet to a single bed with iron wires, while my hands were still cuffed behind my back, so I could not move at all. They also poured a cup of water over my head. They kept pressuring me to answer them, but I did not say anything, and kept my eyes closed. They tried to open my eyes with force. I felt pity for their lives. No matter how brutal they tortured me, they could not shake my righteous faith in Dafa. I sent forth righteous thoughts with my heart to eliminate the evil factors behind them. I kept reciting Hongyin [A collection of Master Li's poems] and the Fa. I also thought about Master in my mind, "Master, if this is because of my own karma, I will pay it back; if not, I will not allow them to continue to make more karma." I was no longer concerned about my own life or death. Sometimes when I felt that I could not stand the torture any more, I thought that I must act according to the Fa. I knew that Master had been strengthening me, so I must hold on. I cannot remember how much time passed before they moved the quilts away. They then cuffed me to a chair. Since I needed to go to the restroom I asked them to remove the chair, but they refused for fear that I would escape. Later, they let one male and one female go with me; they always followed this procedure. I was also forced to sit on the concrete floor for one day and one night. I do not know how many Dafa practitioners they had been torturing this way.

When evening came the policemen changed shifts again. Two policemen took turns beating me with black rubber clubs on those areas that had been already been wounded. The violent beating seemed to last forever. Afterwards, they forced me to sit on a chair with my hands cuffed behind my back. One policeman hit my head and face with a flyswatter. I had kept my eyes closed the entire time. After a while, a policewoman came; she ordered me to get on the bed and I refused. That other policeman continued to beat me with the flyswatter. A moment later, that woman came again. This time she took me to the bed and forced me down, but one of my hands was still cuffed to a bed leg. Although my whole body was covered with wounds, I did not feel any pain. I realized that Teacher had been enduring all this pain for me. After these several days I was indeed very tired, so I slept until dawn. I stayed on the bed for another day, until August 7. While I was detained there, I saw that one person wrote on the blackboard some words slandering Teacher. I told him that he was not allowed to slander my Teacher, and he erased the words. I was detained there for two days and two nights, and I was on a hunger strike all the time in protest of the persecution. I heard one vicious person say, "The director forbids beating people any more."

On the evening of August 7, two of us were sent to Baoding City Detention Center. We did not know where the male fellow practitioner was sent. After arriving at the detention center, without any inspection of wounds, I was taken to Cell No. 1 in the Female Team, where six Dafa fellow practitioners were detained. They asked me, "Were you beaten up?" I answered, "Yes." I showed them my wounds. My whole body had become black and blue, my face was swollen, and blisters appeared where I had been burned. Seeing these wounds, the practitioners cried, and the inmates were also shocked. They asked me, "Have they checked your wounds?" I replied, "No." The practitioners told me that being wounded so severely, I should have not been admitted into the detention center.

On the morning of August 8, team leader Ma recorded the condition of my wounds. Later, I had a high fever and this caught the attention of the medical personnel, guards, and other workers there. They came to give me injections. Being afraid of being held responsible in case of my death, they got my information from my identification card and then let the county police and my family members take me back to the county police department shortly after 4:00 a.m. on August 9. I said to myself in my heart, "I must validate Dafa and I must protect Dafa. If I cannot fulfill such a duty, how could I still be worthy of the title of a Dafa disciple? Teacher, I must get out." When the policemen drove away, I took this opportunity and escaped by jumping out of the window with the chair still cuffed to me. I have had no choice but to stay away from my home ever since then. Later, I heard that the police had been to my home to pry open my desk drawers, and took away my recorder and some other articles.

Among the four major criminals who brutally tortured me, one is the director of the police station, who has a college degree and his family name is Ma; others' names and positions are unknown. I wrote down how I validated Dafa and what cruel tortures I suffered to serve as a historical testimony.