Gao Hongyun, female, 39-years-old, lived in Xiangyang District of Jiamusi City. In November of 2000 she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested. In Changping Police Station she was illegally body-searched, tortured, forced to stand facing the wall for a long time, handcuffed, and not allowed to sleep or to eat. Later she was sent to Jiamusi City's Liaison Office in Beijing, where she was illegally body-searched by female policewoman Li. Over 1400 Yuan was extorted from her after a careful searching, with even her underwear and bra turned inside out. In Jiamusi, she was illegally detained for one more night. After those vicious people extorted two cartons of exotic cigarettes (worth 800 Yuan, 500 Yuan is the average monthly income of an average urban worker) from her family members, she was released. Back at her work unit, she was assigned different work positions twice because she firmly insisted on practicing Dafa. Then a document that stated that she would be removed from her position of mid-level manager was distributed to the whole company. The responsible parties were Li Yalun, General Secretary of the Company and Li Yuliang, Director of the Department of Organization. They didn't have compassionate responses at all to Hong Fa (introducing Dafa to the public) by practitioners. They had slandered Dafa many times within the company, but Gao Hongyun never cooperated with them, and their plotting failed miserably.

Feng Yuemin, female, 51-years-old, was a resident of Xiangyang District of Jiamusi City. In November of 2000 she went to Beijing to guard the Fa and was arrested in Tiananmen Square. She was then sent to Jiamusi City's Liaison Office in Beijing and was body-searched by police. She was forced to pay 30 Yuan per day for her meals and 60 Yuan for each night (the room size is about the size of two beds and sometimes there were 20 to 30 people detained in it). After being escorted back to the city, she was sent to a detention center by the Branch Police Station of Qianjin District and unlawfully detained there for 13 days. In the detention center, 20 Yuan per day was extorted from her for the meals, yet the meals were dreadful. The Branch Police Station of Qianjin District forced her family members to give them 2000 Yuan as deposit and write a "pledge" to ensure that she would not go to Beijing and to appeal, which was held as a condition for her release.

Wang Yuming, male, 34-years-old, lived in Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province. On January 10, 2001, he went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested by police. He was sent to Tiananmen Police Station and then sent to Shunyi Detention Center of Beijing City the same day. The next day he was taken to Jiamusi City's Liaison Office in Beijing and three days later to Yichun City's Liaison Office in Beijing. On January 20 he was taken back by the police of Yichun City. After being detained illegally for 15 days, he was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp. After his arrest, he was forced to close the kindergarten that his family ran in Jiamusi City. His wife and son were forced to return their hometown Yichun and run a small kindergarten. On September of 2001 he was released, but he is still under close watch of the local police. Their family had always been harassed by the police, which seriously infringed on their normal life. The police sabotaged the kindergarten that was run by his wife. The police also held their ID cards and limited their personal freedom. Due to this persecution, their lives were completely disrupted. As it stands now, he and his wife have no job and no income. The main person responsible is Zheng Yulin, the director of the local police station. He sent his report to the higher leadership for a two-year term of Wang Yuming's detention in forced labor camp, but only a one-year term was approved. It was said that during the time he was in Wumahe Police Station, as a vice-director, he was mainly in charge of persecuting Falun Gong, and he had personally sent many practitioners to forced labor camp.

Liu Qingping, female, 32-years-old, lived in Jiamusi City and later was forced to return to her hometown of Yichun City. On December 9, 2000, when going to Beijing to validate Dafa, she was arrested and sent to Chaoyang District Detention Center in Beijing. During the time that she was there, she refused to tell them her name. On December 25, 2000, she was sent to She County Detention Center of Handan City, Hebei Province, where she went on a hunger strike to protest and later was taken home by her family members. Upon her release, the police extorted 500 Yuan from her family members without any legal procedures.

Wang Lianxia, female, lived in Xiangyang District. On December 17, 2000, she was arrested merely because she was chatting at the home of a colleague practitioner, who was her neighbor from across the street. She was illegally detained for 10 days and forced to pay 1000 Yuan as a penalty. Main person responsible was Cui Rongli, in the Political Security Section of Xiangyang Branch Police Department.

Wang Yingxia, female, 34-years-old, was a resident of Yonghong District in Jiamusi City. In June of 2000, after going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, she was escorted back and held in the detention center of the City, where more than thirty people were crowded in a small room that was about 20 square meters, and the conditions were horrible. Later, after Yonghong Branch Police Department extorted 3000 Yuan from her family members she was released. On December 2000 she was going to Beijing to appeal again and was blocked on the way at the Shenyang Train Station. Since she refused to tell her name she was beaten and kicked by police. After being escorted back, she was sent to the detention center and held for at least 24 days, and 5000 Yuan was extorted from her by the policemen in Yonghong Branch Police Department and Jianshe Street Office.

Zhang Qiongzhen, female, 56-years-old, is a resident in Yonghong District. In June of 2000 because she posted up the words "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa" in Harbin Museum, she was unlawfully held in custody by the Museum. Later she was sent to the Detention Center of Jiamusi City for an illegal detention of 10 days. Her working unit imposed on her a fine of more than 800 Yuan, and later Yonghong Branch Police Department extorted 200 Yuan from her. On October 6, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested. Being escorted back to the Detention Center of Jiamusi City, she was detained there for two and a half months. After Xiangyang Branch Police Department extorted 1000 Yuan from her, she was released. Then, the Security Section of her factory extorted 3155 Yuan from her.

Zhao Conghua, male, 33-years-old, worked in Jiamusi Hot-Power Company. In June of 2000 he went to Beijing to peacefully appeal and was arrested by the police. In Pinggu County, Hebei Province, he was illegally interrogated from 3:00 to 11:00 p.m. During that time he was handcuffed and hung on the door with only his toes touching the ground. Besides slapping his face and kicking his body, a policeman repeatedly kicked his legs and forced him into the "flying an airplane" position. (The head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point.) Because he was on a hunger strike in protest, Zhao was force-fed by police, with a tube forced through his nostrils into his stomach. After he was put in shackles, he was kicked by a criminal from behind, forcing him walk quickly. During the time in the local liaison office in Beijing, more than ten people lived in a small room, yet everyone paid 50 Yuan per day. He was charged 300 Yuan. His work unit attributed all the expense to him in order to take him back from Beijing and charged him a total of 3000 Yuan. Person responsible was Wang Faxiang from the Power Company. In the Detention Center of Jiamusi City, he was on a hunger strike to protest against the fact that the police confiscated his Dafa books and refused to return them to him. He was force-fed, with tubes inserted into his stomach twice. Later his family members invited policemen in Xinli Police Station for a dinner, which cost 300 Yuan, and then he was released. In August of 2000 Wang Faxiang plotted to invite policemen for a dinner in order to have them send Zhao to a detention center. During his illegal detention there, he developed scabies on his body and two festered wounds on his legs. The detention center reported to the branch police department, which then reported to his work unit, but they refused to release him. In such a terrible condition, he was illegally detained for more than 50 days. On January 11, 2001, because of going to Beijing, he was illegally arrested by the Anti-violence Brigade from the Train Station Police Department of Jiamusi City. They extorted 700 Yuan from him and unlawfully detained him for one month. Xiangyang Branch Police Department also took 500 Yuan from him as a "pledge fee" without giving him any kind of receipt.

Yu Xiuying, female, 29-years-old, lived at Taihe Village of Hongqi Town in Qitaihe City. In July of 2000 she was forcibly taken by police from the Hongqi Police Station to a detention center. To protest against the illegal detention, she went on a hunger strike and was brutally force-fed many times. In the 2nd Detention Center she was beaten, tortured and handcuffed many times by the director of the center. In the 861 Detention Center, policeman Zhang Shouyi used a triangle rope to whip her, which deformed her face and head. Hongqi Town Township extorted 300 Yuan from her. The main persons responsible were the head of the town and the secretary.

Pang Shixing, male, 32-years-old, lived at Taihe Village of Hongqi Town in Qitaihe City. In October of 2000 he was illegally arrested by Hongqi Police Station. In the station, police put him on the "tiger bench." (A practitioner is forced to sit on a small iron bench with knees tightly tied together. His hands are tied behind the back and he is not allowed to turn his head, close his eyes, or talk to anyone. Many inmates are also assigned to guard him.) In the 2nd Detention Center, police incited criminals to hit him with leather shoes, pushing his back against hot heating metal plates, which caused a serious burn on his back. The director of the center beat him with a leather belt and a wooden stick, causing his body to become covered with many scars and bruises. Secretary Sui of Taihe Brigade and Liu Fuhai extorted 1000 Yuan from him.

Di Shihong, male, 31-years-old, lived at Taihe Village of Hongqi Town in Qitaihe City. In November of 2000 he was illegally arrested by Hongqi Police Station. The director of the station used a leather belt and an electric baton to beat him, causing his body to be covered with purple bruises, and his head and face became swollen and deformed. Later they extorted 1000 Yuan from him. Main persons responsible were Director Jiang of the station and Ge Fangmin.

Xuan Hua, female, 44-years-old, worked in the Unified Corporation of Labor and Service. On June 30, 2001, after 10:00 p.m. she and her 11-year-old son were both illegally arrested by the police when she was revealing the facts to people in Youyi County. The next morning, July 1, after 1:00 a.m. they were sent to a detention center and her son accompanied her in the jail for at least 12 hours. She knew that it is illegal to arrest her and decided to leave with her son. So she visited Section Director Jiang, who stayed there to supervise the center, and asked for an unconditional release. Instead of hearing her request, Jiang kidnapped her son and imposed a violent persecution on her by inciting police to beat her brutally. Her son was taken away and she was beaten to the extent that her life was in danger, as she suffered a severe fever for 8 days and 8 nights. She bled seriously for as long as 17 days. During that time Yu Wanquan once brought to the center the head of the county hospital, a doctor and a nurse, pretending to have a "check-up." Eighteen days later she was sent by police to a forced labor camp, and she was instantly returned by the camp since their doctor found that her life was in danger. On the 24th day, when Yu Wanquan was drinking alcohol at home he fell down backward, which caused his body to become totally paralyzed. On the 32nd day after Xuan Hua went on hunger strike, the county government decided to release her. On the 33rd day a jail-doctor from the county detention center brought her to the largest hospital in the county for an examination. They found that she had a broken spine, serious edema in both kidneys, serious arrhythmia, and an inflamed gallbladder. Her liver had not been checked since the doctor could not get blood when examining her. On the 34th day in the early morning, her family members were notified to come to take her home, without informing them of the examination results. Her family members were also forced to pay 3000 Yuan as a "pledge fee" and the detention center extorted 340 Yuan for the medical check-up.

Zhang Dejun, male, 32-years-old, lived on the Xin Street of Xinxing District in Qitaihe City. On June 22, 2001, while going to appeal, he was arrested in Tiananmen Square. On July 4 he was escorted back by people from his work unit and sent to Xinli Police Station. Then Xinli Police Station sent him to Xinxing District Detention Center for an illegal detention of 3 months. During that time, he was forced to plant vegetables, harvest, watch the field, and build a pig-pen, working for more than 14 hours a day. Put under his name as debt was a fee of 3600 Yuan, which was the total expense for the Security Section from the City Coal Mine to go to Beijing to take him back. Since his work unit stopped paying him a salary, he had no money to pay the fee. The authorities have withheld 1344 Yuan from him since then.

Fu Yu, male, 33-years-old, was a worker in the Tap Water Company of Jiamusi City. On October 8, 1999, because of going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, he was illegally detained by Jiamusi City Liaison Office in Beijing and his work unit sent people to escort him back to Jiamusi City. Since he insisted firmly on practicing he was illegally detained for about two months. After his family members persisted in requesting his release and paid 5000 Yuan as a "pledge fee," he was released. The "pledge fee" was taken by policemen as their own property. Main persons to be responsible were Cui Yongli and Yu Jinjun.

Zhang Huiru, female, 59 years old, is a resident of Yonghong District, Jiamusi City. She was captured on January 28, 2001 when she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa. The 1240 Yuan she carried was taken and divided up by the people from her company and police officer Yan from Changan Police Station at Yonghong District. She was illegally detained for 43 days and was charged 860 Yuan for food. She had to pay for the food and travel expense for the people from her company and police officers. The total came to 3880 Yuan. Yonghong Police Department fined her 2000 Yuan. In November 2001 she went to Beijing to defend the Fa. She was captured and was brought back by police officer Qin from Xiangyang Police Station. She had 1884 Yuan extorted from her and was detained for 32 days. She was charged 640 Yuan for food and was fined 3000 Yuan by Xiangyang Police Station. In the summer of 2001, she was captured when clarifying the truth and was sent to detention center. She went on a hunger strike for 9 days to protest the illegal detention. She was released because her health was unstable. In December 2001 when clarifying the truth, she was illegally arrested by Yonghong Police Station that then extorted her family 1000 Yuan.

Xu Yuru, female, 49 years old, is from Lixin Street, Nancha District, Yichun City. In June 2000, she was turned in by someone for hand copying Master Li's articles. Six police officers went to her home. It was 12 o'clock midnight. She did not open the door. After about one hour, the police officers charged into and rummaged through her house. They then took her away and tortured her by forcing her to sit on the "Tiger bench" and handcuffed her for 3 days and 4 nights. Then they tried to force her to step on Master Li's picture. Because she refused, they lifted her with the chair and put her and the chair on top of Master Li's picture. Three days later police illegally detained her husband for 15 days for refusing to open the door. Then her husband was suspended from work and lost over 10,000 Yuan in wages. He was severely traumatized psychologically. Main people responsible were Political Security Department Li Xuemin and Zhang Helin.

Yang Xiurong, female, 36 years old, is from Nancha District, Yichun City. On September 10, 1999, she was arrested for practicing Falun Dafa and illegally detained for 15 days. Later, she was transferred to the fire department and illegally detained for 15 days. She was extorted 150 Yuan by the detention center. Before May 1, 2000 her housing unit was sold by the manager of the factory for no reason. She realized that it was time to rectify the Fa. She was arrested on the way to Beijing. The husband and wife were both illegally detained for 25 days and had 505 Yuan extorted from them by the detention center. On January 21, 2001, she was arrested while selling goods on the street and illegally detained for 60 days. Police extorted 1000 Yuan and the detention center extorted 650 Yuan from her.

Xu Dailing, female, 31 years old from Xinxing District, Qitaihe City was beaten by police officer Yu and detained for going to Beijing. She was verbally abused by the chief of the detention center. Police officer Zhang and the chief of the detention center deprived her of sleep for two days and two nights. They also hit her head with a triangular belt. They extorted 500 Yuan from her family members. After coming back from Beijing the second time, she was severely beaten by the police because she refused to sign her name. She was illegally sent to labor "re-education" camp. After she was released, she was humiliated by the local police officer and was forced to move out of his jurisdictional district. Local official pressured the property owner not to rent her the house.

Li Xuefen, female, 21 years old, a resident of Dongfeng District, Jiamusi City was illegally arrested on May 26, 2000 for going to Beijing to appeal. On the same day, she was sent to the Beijing office of Jiamusi City Management. She was illegally put under house arrest. At the time, there were six other practitioners illegally detained in the same room. When they were sent back to Jiamusi city, each person had to pay 60 Yuan per day for the use of the bed (there was only one bed in the room). She had over 1000 Yuan extorted from her by Jiadong police for the so-called travel expense of picking her up. In August 2001, she was arrested when making truth-clarifying materials. In Xiangyang Police Station, police asked her to kneel on the floor. She did not comply and they said bad things to her and slandered Master Li and Dafa. In the middle of the night, the police chained her onto a metal chair and said they would continue to interrogate her the next day. During the night she left the police station using righteous thought. She has been traveling about ever since, unable go home to be with her family.

Shan Yuqin, female, 55 years old from the Professional Education Center in Jiamusi City, went to Beijing to legally appeal on October 15, 1999. She was searched by the police at Shanhaiguan without cause. They found a Dafa book in the pocket of her travel companion. They locked both of them up and sent them back to Jiamusi City. They were sent to detention center by Yonghong Police Station and were detained for over 2 months. During her detention, her company illegally fired her and expelled her from the management team. She was also fined and extorted 11,000 Yuan under various pretexts, including an illegal fine of 5000 Yuan by her company. It caused extreme difficulty for her family. From that point on, her company, the police station and Yonghong district repeatedly harassed her, disrupting her normal life. In February 2000, Shi Xiuwen from Yonghong Police Station extorted another 500 Yuan from her. In May 2000 she was unlawfully detained for 15 days and was extorted 300 Yuan as cost for provisions. In September 2001, she was illegally detained for 23 days. After going on a hunger strike for 23 days, she was released unconditionally.

Yu Xiulan, female, 60 years old is from Jiaguang Weaving Product Limited. In January 2000, the city police ransacked her home without cause. They took away Dafa books and Master Li's pictures etc. In June 2000 she was detained by local police for writing "Falun Dafa is good" at the province museum. She was sent to Jiamusi City Detention Center and illegally detained for 11 days. She was released after being extorted 300 Yuan by Guo Weishan from Yonghong Police Station. In December 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal, she was stopped and sent back mid way. Then she was sent to Jiamusi City Detention Center and was illegally detained for 6 days. She was released after being extorted 1000 Yuan by Yonghong Police Station. Since February 2001, and because the city government fined her company for her trip to Beijing, her company has not paid her any salary. After she went to her company twice to clarify the truth, they gave her 1500 Yuan to help with her living expenses. They still have not paid her any salary.

Zhuang Huiping, male, 52 years old, is a resident of Yonghong District, Jiamusi City. On June 20, 2000, he was arrested when validating Fa at the province museum. He was illegally sent to detention center for 15 days by the Yonghong Police Station. He was extorted 300 Yuan by the detention center. In December 2000, he went to Beijing, and was arrested by Tiananmen Square police. He was extorted 175 Yuan without any receipt.

Lu Guofang, 53 years old, a Jiamusi Meat Factory worker, was arrested in February 2000 for going to Beijing to appeal. She was illegally detained for 15 days, and her term was extended for an additional 41 days. She was extorted 600 Yuan for the cost of food. She was extorted another 3500 Yuan by Dongfeng District Police Station before being released. In June 2001 she was deceived by her company and was illegally sent to Hongxinglong Detention Center for 18 days. They extorted over 200 Yuan from her before releasing her. In November 2001, she was arrested at home and was illegally detained for 15 days. They extorted 350 Yuan from her before releasing her.

Cui Guirong, female, 35 years old, was arrested on October 17, 2000, for going to Beijing to appeal. On October 30, she was escorted back by local police and was illegally sent to detention center for 15 days. During that period she went on a hunger strike to protest, and was force-fed poor quality food by the police. They put a torture device and shackles on her. Because of the physical abuse, her heart disease flared up, and she coughed up blood. On December 1, she was sent home. Local police forced her to leave her home. They had no place to live. In April 2001, Qianjin Police Station official looked for her and her husband many times. In the morning of April 18 police illegally ransacked their home twice and couldn't find anything. Finally city government political guards detained her for 11 hours without any reason. Eleven vicious police officers including Chen Yongde beat her and wanted to send her to a forced labor camp. It was about 4 pm. Her husband and child went in front of police station and clarified truth about Falun Gong to passers-by. Bystanders helped them confront the injustice. Finally the city government extorted 5000 Yuan from the family as bail, and the city political guards extorted another 400 Yuan before releasing her. The next day she and her daughter went to get back Zhuan Falun and other books. They truly experienced the compassion of the great Master Li. Subsequently, the police often harassed her family members. On July 9, 2001, her husband was working at an elevated area and fell from a height of 4 meters. Only his skin was scratched and an X-ray examination was normal at the hospital.

Yuan Hongyan, an engineer from Sanjiang Food Company at Jiamusi City, was a party member. In November 2000, she was arrested for going to Beijing to rectify the Fa. She was sent to Chongwenmen Police Station and was detained for 24 hours. On November 24, she was sent to detention center and was illegally detained for 20 days. She was extorted 6000 Yuan before she was released. Her company illegally expelled her from the party, placed her on one-year probation, removed her from all benefits, did not pay her living expenses, and warned her if she did not give up cultivation after one year they would fire her. The outcome is unknown as of now.

Guo Fenghai, male, 39 years old, a worker from Electrical Factory at Jiamusi City, was illegally arrested in November 2000 for going to Beijing to rectify the Fa. He was extorted 400 Yuan at the branch office in Beijing. He was detained in a room smaller than 20 square meters (about 180 square feet) with 18 other males and females. When the company sent someone to pick him up, the family was extorted 3000 Yuan travel expense. They detained him for less than a month at Jiamusi Detention Center and released him. Upon release, the person handling the paper work extorted 6750 Yuan from him without giving him a receipt. During his illegal detention, his salary, which amounted to over 1000 Yuan, was suspended for 2 months. When he returned to work, the 610 Office withheld 1000 Yuan as "bail." They forcibly brainwashed him at the company. Otherwise they would send him to forced labor camp to be brainwashed. He had to pay 1000 Yuan. If he still did not give up cultivation, he would be sent directly to forced labor camp. Because he refused to accept the persecution, he had to flee his home. Half of that month's salary was taken away.

Lin Guimei, female, 58 years old, a Yonghong district resident, was illegally arrested in July 2000 at the province museum while validating Dafa. She was sent to detention center for 15 days. She had 300 Yuan extorted from her for the cost of food and 30 for the so-called book purchasing fee. On December 17, 2000, when she was posting truth clarifying materials on the street she was arrested again. Xiangyang Police Station extorted 3000 Yuan before releasing her. There was no receipt. The main responsible person was Cui Rongli.

Han Yanqiu, female, 31 years old, a resident of Yonghong District in Jiamusi City, was turned in by vicious people on December 17, 2000 while clarifying truth in order to validate Dafa. She was illegally arrested by Xiangyang Police Station, and her home was ransacked. They took away Master Li's picture, two Dafa books, truth clarification materials and Master Li's articles. She was illegally detained for 18 days. Family members had to pay 700 Yuan in order to see her. Later on she was illegally fined with various excuses and paid a total of 15,500 Yuan without any receipt. Main responsible person was Cui Rongli.

Sun Xiurong, female, 49 years old, is a resident of Yonghong district. On July 22, 2000, because the province museum hung up posters slandering Dafa, she went and explained the truth saying, "Falun Dafa is good; Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa; Clear my Master's name; Clear Dafa's name." She was detained for 15 days without reason. She had 330 Yuan extorted from her by the Jiamusi Detention Center for the so-called food expense.

(To be continued)