Over 60 vehicles were involved in a collision on the Beijing-Tianjin-Tanggu Highway

The Beijing Morning Newspaper reported that a severe traffic accident happened at 7:00 a.m. yesterday (February 16, 2002) in the Tianjin Yang Village section of the Beijing-Tianjin-Tanggu Highway. Three people died and 53 people were wounded.

In five days, 139 fires happened during the Spring Festival period in Beijing

From 6:00 a.m. on the first day after the Lunar New Year until 6:00 am of the sixth day, 472 fires were reported in Beijing, which was 359 more fires than last year during that time. That is 3.2 times more fires in comparison with the total number of fires that happened in the same period of time last year. According to the Beijing Morning Newspaper, the statistics from the Fire Department showed that on just the Lunar New Year's eve alone, 246 fires were reported, which surpassed that of last year by 199. That is 4.2 times the number of the fires that happened last year. 85 fires resulted from setting off fireworks, while last year at that time only 8 were due to fireworks. In addition to fires being caused by fireworks, cigarettes and careless maintenance of the fires were other causes.

A severe fire in a game hall in Tangshan City claimed 17 people's lives

According to Xinhua News Net, there was a severe fire at 2:25 p.m. on February 18th in a game hall in Guye District of Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Seven young people died on the spot and another 10 people died after being sent to the hospital. Most of the people that died were young.

The root cause for these incessant natural and manmade calamities is the persecution against the law of the universe, "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance," and the evil people's killing and torture of good people. Deceived by Jiang's lies, people are passively allowing the criminals to have their way. Driven by greed and their desire for fame and profit, people are ignorantly committing crimes against Dafa. They confuse right and wrong, and their actions have infuriated heaven.

The Beijing police cruelly abused a Dafa practitioner with sulfuric acid

There is a Dafa practitioner, who is over 50 years old and lives in Shijiazhuang City of Hebei Province. She recently returned from her trip to Beijing to validate Dafa. She said that she was arrested in Tiananmen Square and then sent to a police station, where the police went so far as to dip a paper roll into sulfuric acid and then forcefully insert it into her nostrils. The police also forced her to swallow the paper roll. She was also badly beaten, which left her face so severely deformed that on the night she was released the taxi driver was too frightened to take her.

Since the Lunar New Year, there were at least 7 Dafa practitioners tortured to death by the lawless ruffians in northern China.

Dafa practitioner Zhan Jinyan, from Baoding City, Hebei Province, was in her 20s and the mother of a 2-year-old son. She went to Beijing in order to validate her faith in Dafa and to clarify the truth. She was detained and tortured to death in just 3 days by Yanqing County Police Department in Beijing.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/11/17620.html)

In a brainwashing class, Dafa practitioner Tai Yurong, from Baoding City of Hebei Province, refused to cooperate with the corrupt officers' orders. She refused to give up her faith. When the Lunar New Year was near, she was tortured to death by Shang Hongzhi, the director of the local "610 office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party as well as all other political and judiciary systems] and his accomplices. After her death, her family members were not even allowed to see her body.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/11/17619.html)

Dafa practitioner Gu Chenghai, male, 46 years old, a farmer from Xiahuayuan City, Hebei Province, was tortured to death while in detention. In jail, he was beaten on a daily basis and as a result his body and face became severely deformed. He was on the verge of death. In an attempt to escape responsibility, the police released him. By the time of his release, Gu had lost the capability to live and move around by himself. Witnesses said that his face was severely burned and his back and legs were covered with numerous wounds and bruises. What was even more appalling was that his left leg was broken and his feet were burned with hot pitch and swollen. Gu Chenghai died soon after his release due to the severity of his wounds.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/18/17897.html)

Female practitioner Liu Huanqing, 58 years old, was a resident of Fuxing District, Handan City, Hebei Province. Her whole family - she, her husband and her son - were resolute in practicing Falun Dafa, exposing the evil crimes, and clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa to the public. She was arrested and detained three times by the vicious police from Fuxing District Police Department. During her last arrest, the lawless policemen arrested Liu and her husband in their home on October 6, 2001. They were subsequently unlawfully detained at the Handan City No. 2 Detention Center for over a year. Liu was considered a "hardcore member" because of her unshakable belief in Falun Dafa. Authorities put her in heavy shackles and handcuffs. Vicious policemen Zhao and Cui often beat and shocked her with electric batons. She suffered all kinds of physical and mental torture, and her weight dropped from 156 pounds to less than 88 pounds. When they knew she was dying, police officials, in an attempt to escape responsibility, allowed Liu's family members to take her back home. She died within a month after she was sent home. Liu's son, Li Shitou, is a graduate student working on his Master's degree and also a faculty member at Tianjin University in Tianjin City. He was arrested for not giving up Falun Gong and presently remains in detention. He was not allowed to see his mother when she was dying. Liu's husband, Li Gangcai, is also still being held in a detention center. The whole family was broken up.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/12/18/16913.html)

Zheng Fangying, female, 54, was from Beiwei Village, Tanfang Township, Qingzhou of Weifang City, Shandong Province. She was beaten severely by the police because she unfurled a Falun Gong banner on Tiananmen Square. She died after the police sent her home.

On December 2, 2001, in order to reveal the truth and save people, Zheng had traveled to Beijing from Qingzhou Railway Station with 220 Yuan. When she arrived in Beijing, she managed to distribute all of the Falun Gong flyers that she brought with her. She then went to Tiananmen Square to unfurl a Falun Gong banner. She ran while loudly saying, "Falun Dafa is good," "Restore the innocence of Dafa," and "Restore the reputation of my Teacher." At that moment, there were several dozen other Falun Gong practitioners who unfurled their banners. Zheng was knocked down and beaten severely by policemen before she was sent to a police station.

In the police station, she was initially locked up with other practitioners. Because she refused to follow any commands, requests or orders, the police beat and kicked her, and tortured her with electric batons and many other brutal methods. Her internal organs were severely injured. Later, she was detained in a small, solitary cell. Despite the brutal torture, the vicious police could in no way change Zheng's rock-solid faith in Dafa. She went on a hunger strike for 18 days and refused to tell the police her name and home address. She was full of righteous thoughts and feared nothing. She directly faced the evil and compassionately revealed the truth to the policemen. However, the policemen, who had no conscience left, paid no attention and still often brutally tortured her. Because of the torture, she became incontinent and unable to walk on her own. Her life was greatly endangered. In fear of having to face responsibility in the case of her death, the police sent her to the railway station and asked her where her destination was. She said Jinan City [in Shandong Province]. After arriving at the Jinan Railway Station, she, being very weak, painstakingly crawled down and then back up through the underpass of the railway station, but could not go any further. Fortunately, a kind-hearted young man helped her to her home and left 20 Yuan to her family. When changing her clothes, her family members found that she had lost two teeth, her abdomen looked dark brown, and bruises were all over her body. Because of the severe injury done to her internal organs, a dragging sound came from her abdomen area when she moved her body. She died only three days after she got home.

(Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/21/17972.html)

Kind fellow Chinese people, please calmly think it over. Evildoing committed by the officials in a certain area will bring disasters to that area. People committing bad deeds against the heavenly principles will bring the people disasters that can have the effect of ruining them, and the people will have to pay for these wrong doings during many generations to come. The crimes committed by the officials in a country will bring disasters to the whole country and its people will live in misery and suffering. During the persecution against Falun Gong by Jiang's regime, in this two-and-a-half year period, the natural and manmade disasters have been so frequent and severe in China. Furthermore, the areas where the disasters are most frequent are precisely where the evil has persecuted Falun Gong most cruelly. Is this normal? Isn't this worth seriously reflecting upon?