Latest News From China - 02/23/2002
- [Jiangsu Province] Jiangsu Practitioners Salute Western Practitioners Who Validated Dafa in Tiananmen Square
- [Botou City, Hebei Province] Practitioners from Botou City, Hebei Province Salute Our Great Teacher and Send Happy New Year's Greetings
- [Jiutai City, Jilin Province] Jiutai Forced Labor Camp Rewards Criminals Who Beat Practitioners
- [Tiefa City, Liaoning Province] Tiefa Police Department Detains and Beats Seven Practitioners
- [Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Practitioner Xu Meixiang Is Sentenced to 7 Years After Calling Out "Falun Dafa is Good" in the Court
- [Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Vicious Police Hire Thugs to Monitor Practitioners
- [Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Five Practitioners Detained in Mental Hospital
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The No. 2 Large Team in Wuhan Hewan Forced Labor Camp Persecutes Falun Dafa Practitioners by Incriminating Cellmates, Extending Forced Labor Terms, and Assigning Work Overloads
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Strong Male Practitioners Cannot Even Walk after Physical Punishment in the No. 2 Large Team in Wuhan Hewan Forced Labor Camp
- Falun Dafa Materials in a Busy Section of City Preserved
- Colorful Falun Dafa Banner Waves Above Streets
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Illegal Arrest of Two Female Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Northeast China] A Female Dafa Disciple Leaves the Detention Center in Six Days due to her Noble Actions
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Telephone Numbers of the Policeman in Charge of Persecuting Dafa Disciples in Jimo City of Qingdao City
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Shuangyashan Dafa Disciples Bound to an Iron Door for Twelve Days
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] List of Villains
[Jiangsu Province] Jiangsu Practitioners Salute Western Practitioners Who Validated Dafa in Tiananmen Square
We appreciate your brave actions to appeal in Tiananman Square to clarify the truth to the Chinese people who are deceived by Jiang's regime and to appeal for the justice of humankind. The righteous cause of humanity is not bound or limited by borders between countries. This inhuman brutal persecution shall be stopped through the efforts of all people. Through our mutual efforts, the spring will come when the Fa rectifies the human world.
[Botou City, Hebei Province] Practitioners from Botou City, Hebei Province Salute Our Great Teacher and Send Happy New Year's Greetings
[Jiutai City, Jilin Province] Jiutai Forced Labor Camp Rewards Criminals Who Beat Practitioners
The Education Brigade of Jiutai Forced Labor Camp applied a number of methods to torture the Dafa practitioners detained there. Common tools include electric batons, police truncheons, and the "Dead Person's Bed" ["Dead Person's Bed" or "Big Letter Board:" This torture technique is used to torture practitioners who have gone on hunger strike to protest their mistreatment and illegal detention. Practitioners who are on hunger strike are tied to the "Dead Person's Bed" so that their hands and feet can't move. Jail guards and prisoners then attempt to force-feed through the nose. The guards and prisoners are often untrained in such a procedure, resulting in the deaths of many practitioners.] The painful screams of practitioners can often be heard in cells near the torturing place, but the practitioners use their righteous thoughts to face the evil and use their great forbearance and compassion to move and change people while in detention. Through their contact with practitioners, many criminals have changed their minds and now don't believe the lies and the staged news programs that slander Dafa. Some criminal inmates have begun to take the practitioners' side and either openly or secretly speak up for them. The evil forces therefore devised another persecution ploy and published a policy of rewards to encourage criminal inmates to torture practitioners. Criminals who betrayed their conscience and followed these instructions were rewarded by the guards with points (points are directly related to early release in the Chinese prison system). For example, guards awarded 15 points to Zhu Yonggang and four other criminals every month and let them torture practitioners who didn't sign the so-called "Break-away letter" [whereby the practitioner renounces Falun Dafa]. Zhu Yonggong was totally controlled by the evil forces and, encouraged by the policy that "beating to death will count as a practitioner committing suicide", he frequently yelled out loud, "I am the ghost from hell, so what!"
[Tiefa City, Liaoning Province] Tiefa Police Department Detains and Beats Seven Practitioners
On January 17, 2002, two elderly female practitioners were arrested while distributing truth-clarifying materials in the countryside. They were detained in Tiefa City Detention Center.
On the night of February 3, 2002, two female practitioners were arrested while hanging Dafa banners to welcome the "Liaoning Province Falun Dafa Day". They were also detained in the City Detention Center.
On February 8, 2002, vicious policemen from the Tiefa Police Department broke into residential houses at midnight and illegally arrested three practitioners. They are now detained in the City Detention Center. Insiders said that all seven practitioners were beaten and tortured by such methods as being slapped in the face and slapped on the mouths. They were monitored by video to prohibit them from doing the exercises and sending forth righteous thoughts. At the same time, the detention center forced the practitioners to work long hours making artificial flowers, a source of income for the center. If practitioners cannot finish a specified quota on time, they are beaten by the police.
Vicious persons from the Law and Administration Section, Tiefa Police Department: Liu Futang and Zhang Fucai.
[Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Practitioner Xu Meixiang Is Sentenced to 7 Years After Calling Out "Falun Dafa is Good" in the Court
Practitioner Xu Meixiang (also called Xu Ying) was illegally sentenced to seven years imprisonment because of distributing truth-clarifying materials. It is said that the evil officials at first planned to sentence her to five years, but because Xu Meixiang called out "Falun Dafa Is Good" in the court, they were very angry and illegally added two years to her term.
[Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Vicious Police Hire Thugs to Monitor Practitioners
The evil forces in Jingjiang City illegally ransacked practitioners' houses many times. They abducted practitioners from their homes, and arrested other practitioners who wanted to legally appeal to the government. Some practitioners were beaten so hard that their bones were broken.
Five practitioners who didn't give up cultivation were detained in a mental hospital for a long time. Currently, the police plan to send them to Jurong Forced Labor Camp.
The police also hired common thugs off the street to monitor the practitioners at home. Their policy is to reward anyone who informs on a practitioner with 500 Yuan [equal to the monthly salary of an average urban worker]. Under such high-pressure persecution, practitioners are deprived of their lawful freedoms.
[Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province] Five Practitioners Detained in Mental Hospital
There are five practitioners from Jingjiang City detained in a mental hospital. All five practitioners have resisted the evil persecution and haven't given up cultivation, and they refused to write the "Guarantee Letter," the "Repentance Letter" and the "Criticize Letter." Because of this they have been detained in the mental hospital for a long time and have experienced numerous inhuman tortures. The five practitioners are: Wang Yuqin, Dai Yulan, Zhang Yidong, Gu Xifang and Fang Yinghua. Among them, Wang Yuqin, Dai Yulan and Zhang Yidong have been detained for over two years starting from Spring Festival of the year 2000. The evil forces tried many methods to "transform" them, including beating, persuading with "love," forcing them to practice Taiqi, and using collaborators [former practitioners who have renounced Falun Dafa under torture and brainwashing] to mislead them. But all of these attempts have totally failed. The evil forces cannot alter their righteous belief in Dafa and Teacher.
[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The No. 2 Large Team in Wuhan Hewan Forced Labor Camp Persecutes Falun Dafa Practitioners by Incriminating Cellmates, Extending Forced Labor Terms, and Assigning Work Overloads
1. Incrimination of Cellmates. Each Falun Gong practitioner is assigned an informant who is also their cellmate. Sometimes two or three of these "personal spies" will be assigned to one practitioner. No matter what the practitioner does, including going to the restroom or doing laundry, the informants must follow closely and watch carefully to prevent the practitioner from ever communicating with other practitioners. No Falun Gong related topic is ever allowed. These "personal spies" have been forced to sign contracts which will incriminate them if a practitioner is involved in any unexpected activity.
2. Extending Forced Labor "Re-education" Terms. If a Falun Gong practitioner doesn't give up cultivation practice, he or she will not be released at the end of their term. For example, when Peng Min's father Peng Weisheng completed his 1 ?years of "re-education" through forced labor, his term was extended for 6 months, and then extended again by 3-months. At present the authorities clamor that, if a practitioner does not give up his or her belief, that person will be sent to a brainwashing class even after being released.
3. Harsh Management. When practitioners have any slight objection to unreasonable orders, they are thrown into a Harsh Management Class. In this class, practitioners are not allowed to talk or walk around.
4. Beating. Falun Dafa practitioner Cheng Jinhui was punished by being forced to stand for three days when he didn't cooperate with the evil forces. He was allowed to go to bed only well after others were asleep. The guard Gao Jun'an trampled the festering sore on Cheng's leg. Gao also threw Cheng onto the ground, then sat on his body to beat and insult him.
5. Force-feeding. On January 28, 2002, several practitioners went on a hunger strike, demanding their release on the grounds of their innocence. On the fifth day, these practitioners were force-fed.
6. High Intensity Work Assignments. Falun Dafa practitioners usually start working as soon as they finish breakfast. They usually must work for 15 hours, from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. What they are ordered to produce include paper Mahjong tiles to be burned as incense on behalf of the dead and packaging boxes for counterfeit brand name products.
[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Strong Male Practitioners Cannot Even Walk after Physical Punishment in the No. 2 Large Team in Wuhan Hewan Forced Labor Camp
The No. 2 Large Team in the Wuhan Hewan Forced Labor Camp specializes in managing Falun Gong practitioners. Most male practitioners in neighboring areas that have been unjustly sentenced to forced labor have been sent to this facility. Currently there are 56 people in the team (including 13 people who conceded to the vicious police). Police officers in the No. 2 Large Team claim that they "execute the law in a civilized way, strictly obey the law, adopt a scientific management approach, and never beat anyone". Let's take a look at the facts.
1. The Persecution of Liu Ning. Falun Dafa practitioner Liu Ning has refused to cooperate with the evil ever since he was sent here early last year. For example he refused to squat down when doing the headcount, and he refused to report his presence. He was sent to the Harsh Management team right away and received severe punishment. Liu Ning was given only a small chunk of food, and, if he didn't call out "report" first, he would not be allowed to go to the restroom. The guards were expecting Liu to give in to this tactic, but Liu kept himself from needing to go to the restroom by not drinking any water throughout the day. In the summer his body became dehydrated and his skin sagged on him. Later Liu Ning went on several hunger strikes to protest, and every time he was force-fed. He was then locked in a "small cell" in isolation for over a month. He was in an extremely weak physical condition when he emerged from the small cell. He had to reach for the wall to walk and sometimes needed to be carried on someone else's back. Several times Liu's family requested a "parole for medical treatment," but their requests were rejected. Only when the team leaders began to worry about more severe consequences did they allow Liu to be examined in a hospital. After the examination, however, the team leaders claimed that the hospital had found nothing wrong with Liu's health. Meanwhile, Liu was deteriorating rapidly. He couldn't walk on his own and had to be carried on someone else's back even to go the restroom. Sometimes the cellmates assigned to monitor him didn't offer any help, and Liu had to crawl on the ground. Other practitioners were deeply hurt when they saw this. During a meeting, team leader Zhou Houshun made a speech in which he said that the hospital's examination of Liu Ning showed nothing wrong with his health. What Zhou implied was that Liu was pretending to be sick and, therefore could not be placed on parole for medical treatment. In fact they were afraid that if Liu were released, others would see the results of their brutality. Only when doctors said Liu had "erysipelas," which might endanger his life, was he allowed to obtain offsite medical treatment. In less than a year's time, Liu was transformed from a healthy young man into one in critical condition. How could others not be saddened by such harsh persecution?
2. Vicious Beating of Wang Yulin
Wang Yulin was a young man in excellent health. He was sent into the team last August, and was assigned to the No. 9 Class. Suddenly Wang disappeared from the No. 9 Class. Five days later, when we saw Wang Yulin again, he had turned into another Liu Ning. Wang couldn't walk steadily either. He was extremely weak and even with others holding him as he walked, he still limped. Again for a period of time he was not seen. The No. 2 Large Team was very tight in keeping things secret. Only after many attempts did we learn that, because Wang Yulin didn't shout out loudly enough when reporting his presence, he was dragged by the class leader Wen Xingguo to the labor camp office. The camp guards instigated a mob action by urging security personnel (that is, other prisoners in the labor camp) to wrap up Wang's head and beat him viciously. Right away Wang's foot was broken, and he couldn't walk steadily. When guards saw the melee was getting out of control, they threw Wang into the Harsh Management Class that same night, January 27th. Wang staged a 5-day hunger strike. When he started eating again on the afternoon of the fifth day, he was given unsalted food with no nutritional value. When we asked team leader Chen why Wang was in such terrible physical condition, Chen flushed, answering, "Because of his lack of nutrition."
Falun Dafa Materials in a Busy Section of City Preserved
During the Lunar New Year Holidays, Dafa disciples put up lots of flyers clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa on telephone poles, commercial advertisement signs, and at bus stops in the busiest section of City X. When the sanitation workers cleaned the streets, they only removed the cluttered flyers or ads, but preserved all Dafa materials so that more people would have the chance to know about the truth of Falun Dafa. How wonderful! The sentient beings are awakening.
Colorful Falun Dafa Banner Waves Above Streets
In the early morning on January 18, 2002, a colorful banner which read, "Falun Dafa is good!" in red was seen waving above the streets in City X. Posters with large Chinese characters painted in red, proclaiming, "Falun Dafa is a righteous Fa!" and "Stop persecuting Falun Gong!" could also be seen everywhere. This act of Fa-rectification was able to shake up the powers that be and eliminate the evil. Meanwhile, it also issued a wake-up call to everyday people and offered salvation to sentient beings.
[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Illegal Arrest of Two Female Falun Dafa Practitioners
At around 10:00 p.m. on February 8, 2002, the "610 Office" in the Wuchang District arrested Dafa disciples Zhang Xiaoling and Li Huiqin, waking them from sleep at home. The two disciples are the wife and elder sister of Zeng Jianxin, a Dafa disciple who is still being detained in Wuchang Detention Center. Dafa practitioners should resolutely expose and eradicate such insidious behavior.
[Northeast China] A Female Dafa Disciple Leaves the Detention Center in Six Days due to her Noble Actions
In mid December of 2001, a female Dafa disciple from Northeast China was abducted while distributing materials clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa. She was then kept in a detention center. The disciple kept up with her righteous thoughts all the time she was in the detention center. Also, she kept looking within herself and rooting out all the attachments she had, which were not in alignment with the Fa principles and were being taken advantage of by the evil. She then said to Teacher in her heart, "I, as a Dafa disciple, should not be detained here. I should be able to go out to help Teacher rectify the Fa and offer salvation to sentient beings. Teacher, please help me."
The next day, the disciple appeared to be "sick." She was running a high fever, with a blood pressure index as high as 200. Fearing that a Falun Gong practitioner would die in the detention center again (In 2000, a Dafa disciple was tortured to death there), the director of the detention center immediately reported to the illegal organization, the "610 Office," asking for permission to release her. On the 6th day of her detention, she was released unconditionally. The disciple made her way out of the detention center with her righteous thoughts and with Teacher's help. She is now joining the force of the Fa-rectification again. As Teacher said in his article "Also in A Few Words:" "However strong the righteous thoughts are, that's how great the power is."
[Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Telephone Numbers of the Policemen in Charge of Persecuting Dafa Disciples in Jimo City of Qingdao City
Song Xiuzhang, 52 years old, a vicious policeman in charge of persecuting Dafa disciples in Huanxiu Police Substation:
His home number: 86-532-8527276
His cellular phone number: 86-13863969851
Huanxiu Police Substation phone number: 86-532-8597836
[Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Shuangyashan Dafa Disciples Bound to an Iron Door for Twelve Days
Xu Yonghua, Lin Yushi, and Chang Yongtian, officers of Zhonghou Village, Kaichang Town, illegally abducted Dafa disciples Jiao Linyun and Ma San from Jixian County, Shuangyashan City while they were putting up truth-clarifying materials about Falun Dafa in November of 2001. Jixian County awarded the three vicious officers with a total of 10,000 Yuan (equal to twenty months' income of an average worker in China).
During the detention in Jixian County, the two disciples went on hunger strike to protest their persecution. Instigated by Geng Zhendong, the political director of the Jixian Police Department, the policemen force-fed the two disciples and bound them to an iron door. Jiao Linyun had been on hunger strike for 19 days, and he had been bound to an iron door for 12 days. Ma San was bound to an iron door for six or seven days. From January to June of 2000, Jiao Linyun had also been illegally detained. During his hunger strike at that time, he was bound to an iron door for 4 days, and two of his teeth were pried out. Additionally, he suffered torture due to various means by the police. For example, they stifled him with excrement and urine. Currently, he has been illegally sentenced to three years forced labor "re-education" in Suihua Forced Labor Camp.
On February 20, 2002, Chen and Pan from the Public Security Division of the Mineral Bureau illegally abducted Dafa disciples Hu Qili and Sun Hui. Their present whereabouts are unknown.
[Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] List of Villains
Ling Qingfan, director of Shuangyashan Police Department.
Home phone: 86-469-4274079
Ling Dawei, from the Political Security Section of Jianshan Police Subdepartment.
Home phone: 86-469-4274848
Yu Yongjiang, director of the "610 Office."
Home phone: 86-469-4282610
Li Min, director of the Municipal Propaganda Department.
Office phone: 86-469-4224558
Chen Qibin, from the "610 Office" of the Mineral Bureau.
Office phone: 86-469-4230000, Ext.62402
Qi Weiping, from the "610 Office" of the Mineral Bureau.
Office phone: 86-469-4230000, Ext.63769
Jiang Yao, from the Public Security Division of the Mineral Bureau.
Office phone: 86-469-4230000, Ext.62751
Zhang Baorong, Party Secretary from the Forestry Department, Shuangyashan Mining Industry Group Corporation.
Cellular phone: 86-13039756086. Home phone: 86-469-4350681
Chen Shaobin, Vice Party Secretary of the Forestry Department, Shuangyashan Mining Industry Group Corporation.
Cellular phone: 86-13009786736. Home phone: 86-469-4232739 and 86-469-4013592
Li Chuanhai, Branch Party Secretary of the Forestry Department, Shuangyashan Mining Industry Group Corporation.
Home phone: 86-469-4013680, and 86-469-4462165
Geng Tiegang, from the Discipline Inspection Commission of the Forestry Department, Shuangyashan Mining Industry Group Corporation.
Office phone: 86-469-4012849. Home phone: 86-469-4226027
Zhang Xuesong, from the Public Security Section of the Forestry Department, Shuangyashan Mining Industry Group Corporation.
Home phone: 86-469-4012208, 86-469-4276483
Sun Shaohua, from the Fire-protection Office of the Forestry Department, Shuangyashan Mining Industry Group Corporation.
Home phone: 86-469-4283482
Home phone: 86-469-4227509
Dong Xuecheng, the director of the detention center in the Mineral Bureau, Shuangyashan City.
Cellular phone: 86-13946667010. Office phone: 86-469-4014354, or 86-469-4014357
Zhu Weidong, policeman of Fuan Police Substation, Shuangyashan City.
Wang Xuchun, policeman of Wohongqiao Police Substation, Shuangyashan City.