Qindeli Farm and its Branch Police Office have been openly persecuting Dafa practitioners living within the district under their control. They usurp their power and apprehend every Dafa practitioner who refuses to give up Dafa practice. They send them to forced labor camp without any proper legal proceedings. The following are a few cases of their notorious behavior:

  1. Early in the year 2000, four practitioners were arrested for appealing and clarifying the truth in Beijing. They were workers at Qindeli Farm, Yang Weibing and three women, Wu Shulan, Zhou Chunling, and Wang Xiuqin. Initially, they were detained in the Operations Office of Jiansanjiang but were later returned to Qindeli Farm where they were held in the Branch Police Office. They were illegally detained as "criminals" and forced to undergo brainwashing. The detention center is dark and damp, without electricity or heating. Here, Yang Weibing was immobilized with handcuffs and shackles. A walloping by the guards was an everyday event. Even during the spring festival, Yang was fed only two small dumplings a day and refused other basic daily personal needs.
  2. Extortion of other family members and relatives:

    To deter Dafa practitioners from appealing in Beijing, the Operations Office abuses its power and imposes "fines" on relatives as well. Whenever a practitioner is caught appealing in Beijing, the salary or pension of their immediate family is stopped. Some family members had their jobs terminated as well. Even the department head of their work unit could also lose his job. In some cases, they have imposed on the practitioner's next of kin a "behavior bond," which ends up in their own pockets. Almost all practitioners who go through the police station, detention camp or the criminal court have their bodies searched and their money and personal belongings confiscated. A 15 Yuan-a-day fee is charged to everyone under detention, with no receipts given.

  3. At the end of August 2001, due to extensive periods of mistreatment at the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, Dafa practitioner Zhang Puhe was suffering from cardiac ailments, anemia, and suspected bowel cancer. Seeing that his life was in danger, the camp allowed him to leave and take medical treatment. Before entering the forced labor camp, he weighed over eighty kilograms. Now he weighs less than sixty kilograms, and is all skin and bones. To take his son home, his 65 year-old father had to travel over a thousand kilometers. However, that was not the end of the story. The local "610" office instigated the branch security office and the local police station to force Zhang's parents, brother and sister in law, etc. to pay a "behavior bond" of 10,000 Yuan, pledging their family business and retirement fund as further "security." Otherwise, they would take Zhang back to the forced labor camp. Under great pressure from authorities, Zhang's wife filed for divorce. A few days later, due to further threats from the local "610" office, Zhang's parents had to send their son, who was on the brink of death, back to the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. However, because of his critical condition, camp officials did not want to accept him, fearing responsibility for his death. So, after further negotiation, the "610" office reluctantly agreed to send him back home again. Failing to extort money from Zhang's family, the "610" office tried an alternative source -- Zhang's place of work. The office extorted from his employer, the manager, secretary, accountant, and the cashier to pay a cash bond of 10,000 Yuan as a guarantee that Zhang would not practice Falun Gong again. In order to escape the around-the-clock surveillance by his work-mates, Zhang moved off the farm. However, that didn't spare him, for the "610" office instructed the local police to arrest Zhang again and subject him to more physical and mental torture.
  1. On January 26, 2002, the "610" office arrested Dafa practitioners Yang Weibing and Zhang Puhe for the second time. Officers Cong Jun and Wang Dong from the branch security office of the Farm were responsible for taking them to Suihua Forced Labor Camp. As it was Sunday, the practitioners were temporarily held at Suihua Detention Center instead. A remark by Officer Cong Jun that, "These two were stubborn and refused to sign the denouncing statements," led three military officers to immediately start beating the practitioners. The hearing in both Zhang's ears was seriously damaged and has not fully recovered yet. On arriving at the Suihua Forced Labor Camp the next day, Zhang did not pass the medical test and was refused admission. He required further medical treatment. The police had to take him back to Qindeli Farm where he was again illegally kept in the detention center and kept in a state of semi-starvation, surviving on two small buns a day.

We sincerely hope that all kind people will keep in mind that Falun Dafa is good. Dafa practitioners are risking their lives, facing punishment and torture, just for the sake of clarifying the truth to people.