(Clearwisdom.net) Beijing's Chaoyang District Maizidian Administration Office and police station have been persecuting Falun Gong practitioners since April 25, 1999. In early May 1999, they paid vendors to occupy the practice site for no reason, violently pushing practitioners and even bumping practitioners with their carts during the exercises. They also employed the security personnel to seriously interfere with practitioners' exercises and became the first exposed case of persecuting practitioners. The local police illegally detained a 26-year-old female practitioner on July 21, 1999 who went to appeal for Dafa, and locked her up with a male drug addict in the same cell for the night. Since July 20, on so-called "sensitive dates," [dates such as Master Li's birthday or the anniversary of the practitioners' first appeal in Beijing] they would illegally detain practitioners who they thought to be important at police stations, community centers, or the Chaoyang District Detention Center. No practitioner has been exempt from severe persecution in this jurisdiction. The cases in the last year were especially serious:

  1. Late on the night of February 26, 2001, police and security staff kidnapped the 59-year-old female practitioner Xue Fengling and sent her to a brainwashing class, in which 28 people took turns to verbally and physically assault her. During the time she was held in the brainwashing class, her 90-year-old father passed away, but they wouldn't allow her to take care of the funeral arrangements.
  2. From March to June 2001, the police forced Dafa practitioners Hou Shijing, Zhang Xiufen, Feng Lanjun, Guo, Zhao, and many others to go to the brainwashing class by kidnapping or deceiving them. In late September, Yang Decheng, a policeman at the Agricultural Exhibition Center, contacted a hospital in Beijing many times to ask them to hold a brainwashing class for their employee Chen Ying. This caused Chen Ying to lose her job, and she was forced to become homeless to avoid future persecution.
  3. On August 27, 2001, on her way home from work, Dafa practitioner Li Ju was kidnapped and taken to the Gaobeidian brainwashing class, and her personal belongings, including her cell phone, were illegally confiscated. Since August 31, when Li Ju walked out of the brainwashing class with righteous thoughts, in order to continue the persecution against her, Maizidian Police Station sent their personnel to patrol around her home around the clock. They also went to Li Ju's workplace and forcefully kidnapped her colleague, Dafa practitioner Chen Zhenbiao on September 7, simply because they suspected that Li Ju was living at Chen's home. They went to search Chen's home and confiscated her personal property including a computer, printer, and other things that they thought to be related to Dafa with the excuse that there were Dafa materials in Chen's house. This led to the arrest of Chen Zhenbiao and a female practitioner who came to visit Chen from outside Beijing, and their being sentenced to prison and sent to forced labor camp, respectively.
  4. In early November 2001, the police at Maizidian Police Station kidnapped 58-year-old Dafa practitioner Li Huanlan from her younger sister's home in Anshan City, Liaoning Province, brought her back to Beijing, and put her in the brainwashing class for the third time, which left her disabled sister and 80-year-old mother in Anshan City with no one to take care of them. Her family members were greatly frightened.
  1. On the evening of January 12, 2002, under the lead of police Yang Decheng, a large group of policemen broke into practitioners' homes and arrested several practitioners, including nine who had become homeless to avoid persecution. During the arrest, each practitioner's arms were tied behind their back with rope, their heads were covered and they were pushed into the police vehicle. After they were driven to the police station, they were deprived of food and water. They were not even allowed to go to the toilet, which caused a nearly 60-year-old female practitioner to defecate in her pants. They used leather belts, electric batons, and wooden sticks to beat up practitioners. They pressed practitioners' temples with their feet, shocked practitioners' sensitive parts such as finger tips, toes, chest, face, etc with electric batons, stomped on practitioners' ankles while wearing leather shoes, dragged a male practitioner who was barefoot and only had underwear on to the yard at night, and poured cold water on him. They verbally and physically abused a nearly 50-year-old female practitioner. The police also pointed a gun at a practitioner's head and said, "Now it's OK to open fire on Falun Gong." They tortured practitioners for nearly 30 hours and then sent practitioner to the Chaoyang District Detention Center. As of February 4, except for the two practitioners whose residency were not in Beijing and had been taken away by the liaison office of their hometown, the other six practitioners' whereabouts are unknown.


February 28, 2002