(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Yue Kai, from Yushu City, Jilin Province, was tortured to death in Weizigou and Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camps. A 29-year-old employee of Yushu Transportation Company, he died on February 18, 2002. Ever since he was very young, he had always been known as an honest and kind-hearted person. All his teachers, schoolmates, friends and neighbors praised him as a good person of excellent moral character.

Yue Kai obtained Falun Dafa in 1998. On February 10, 2000, he had gone with his wife, Li Shuying, to Tiananmen Square to validate Falun Dafa. After being arrested and taken back to Yushu City Detention Center, both of them were sentenced to one year in forced labor camps. Yue Kai was sent to Weizigou Forced Labor camp, while Li Shuying was sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor camp in Changchun City.

Yue Kai and other Falun Dafa practitioners at Weizigou Forced Labor Camp were treated inhumanely. In May 2000, the No.1 Team, where Yue Kai was held, along with the No.4 Team, were forced to clean the public swimming beach at Kalun Lake, in Changchun, where they worked from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every day. Several places on the legs of Yu Kai and other fellow practitioners got severely lacerated during the cleaning, yet they were never allowed to take a break, even when their infected wounds were discharging pus. They would be cursed or beaten if they slowed down their work even a little.

They had to do other cleaning jobs such as taking out the garbage, etc., before and after their long work shifts. The job at the lake lasted two weeks, during which, Yue Kai's legs had become full of scars. His hands and arms had turned a dark purple and infected wounds swelled in between the many scabs. Regardless of his serious medical condition, his workload was never reduced. His next work detail was to make a cement floor slab, for which he had to get up as early as 3:00 a.m., and work as late as 9:00 p.m. He endured the extreme torture of this forced labor.

In July 2000, the Changchun "610 Office" put male Falun Dafa practitioners from three forced labor camps together at Fenjin Forced Labor Camp for brainwashing. (A 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.) The practitioners were forced to go through brainwashing programs, and were tortured both with the "sitting board" (where practitioners are forced to sit on a wooden board for a long period of time without moving) and with sleep deprivation. After those attempts to break their wills failed, they were separated and sent to two forced labor camps. Yue Kai was taken to the No.2 Team in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp.

Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp is a place worse than hell. Because Yue Kai had refused to cooperate with the evil authorities, one criminal prisoner on the No.2 Team, Zhao Yong, was directed to severely kick him in the center of his chest. Yue Kai instantly felt severe pressure and could not breathe properly afterwards. Ever since that incident, he began noticeably losing weight, day after day. By May 2001, Yue Kai had been illegally held in the camp for fifteen months, but the labor camp would still not release him. There, he was brutally tortured to within an inch of his life. The camp authorities then sent him to the Police Hospital and asked that his family take care of the expenses. Because both he and his wife were in forced labor camps, however, his family had no income, so they could not pay the expenses. Later, fearing that he would die, the camp authorities asked his relatives to take him home and get medical attention.

After going back home, he could hardly stand up, as his weakened body had been reduced to skin and bone. To make matters worse, his wife's term of illegal labor re-education was extended for one more year. Suffering from both physical and mental persecution, he died on February 28, 2002, at the age of only 29. When his fellow practitioners heard this news, they were all deeply saddened.

One after another, the Jiang regime has tortured to death good citizens of high moral character who refuse to punch back when being punched, and who will not even return insults when being cursed. They have committed one bloody crime after another. We hope that all kindhearted people will express their concern. Let us all work to stop Jiang and his regime's inhuman persecution. We also kindly warn those lawless gangsters of this heavenly principle: good deeds are rewarded with good fortune, and evil deeds are met with retribution. If you do not mend your ways before it is too late, you are sure to suffer eternally.