Criminal Acts of Wanyaoshu Detention Center in Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province While Persecuting Dafa Practitioners
March 10, 2002
(Clearwisdom.net) The following are cases of the persecution of practitioners by police at the Wanyaoshu Detention Center in Panzhihua City:
- Tao Jiaxiu, female, approximately 30, was self-employed and originally the head of the Panzhihua City Falun Gong Assistant Center. Since April 25, 1999, she has gone to Beijing to appeal numerous times and was arbitrarily detained at the Wanyaoshu Detention Center for one year. She was unlawfully and secretly sentenced to a forced labor camp in 2001.
- Xu Langzhou, male, 29, was originally an officer in the Panzhihua City police force. After April 25, 1999, he was fired from his job because he would not give up practicing Falun Gong. He was arrested and detained at Wanyaoshu Detention Center in 2000 after practicing the exercises in front of his house with a few local practitioners. Due to the fact that he continued to clarify the truth about Falun Gong to other inmates and practice the exercises, he was tied to a steel bed. He was unlawfully sentenced to two and half years in a forced labor camp in March 2001 and is currently experiencing enormous mental and physical torture at the Sichuan Province Mianyang City Xinhua Forced Labor Camp.
- Luo Yangsheng, male, approximately 60, is a retired worker. Since July 20, 1999, he has continuously appealed to Beijing and practiced the exercises in Tiananmen Square. The last time he went to appeal, officials from Panhuazhi City Administration Center in Beijing forcefully detained him. Early in the morning, Luo planned to go again to Tiananmen Square, so he jumped from an upstairs window. Because the window was so high off the ground, he suffered multiple fractures to his legs. Both Beijing Hospital and Panzhihua Hospital were unable to set the fractures properly. However, because of his firm belief in Dafa, he was able to recover from his previous condition of being unable to look after himself. Like magic, he was able to stand up after five months. His recovery was seen as a threat to the local police who immediately and unlawfully put his residence under surveillance. After that he was arrested and jailed at the city's Wanyaoshu Detention Center for distributing truth-clarification materials. Later he was transferred to the Sichuan Province Mianyang City Xinhua Labor Camp and has not returned.
- Zhao Fengyin, female, approximately 40, is a retiree from the Panzhihua Electricity Department. Since July 20, 1999, she has appealed numerous times to Beijing and was secretly transported to Zhizhong Nanmusi Female Labor Camp. She was brainwashed by the labor camp and released. After realizing that she had made a mistake, she started practicing again. While distributing truth-clarifying materials in another city she was arrested again and her whereabouts are unknown.
- Zhang Peiyun, female, approximately 50, has appealed to Beijing numerous times. She was detained at Wanyaoshu Detention Center and continued to practice and introduce the Fa despite the physical abuse and insults of the police. She was secretly transferred to Zhizhong Namusi Female Labor Camp and her current situation is unknown.
- Luo Xiaoxing, 28-year-old male, after July 20, 1999, appealed to Beijing numerous times. He also appealed peacefully at the Chinese Central Television and appeals office. Between January and March 2001, he peacefully practiced the exercises in Tiananmen Square. During his unlawful detainment at Wanyaoshu Detention Center, he continued to clarify the truth, introduce the Fa to the people, and practice the exercises. Because of this, police forced him to wear two shackles weighing 35.5kg in total. In May 2001, he was illegally transferred to the Sichuan Mianyang City Xinhua Labor Camp, where he suffered cruel mental and physical torture. Under the intense pressure at Xinhua Labor Camp, he was forced to write the "Three Statements" (statements against Falun Dafa) against his will. Later he deeply realized the extent of his mistake and was forced to leave home to avoid arrest.
- Luo Xiumei, 22-year-old female, experienced severe weakness in her muscles ever since she was a child. When the symptoms surfaced, she was unable to look after herself and could not be cured by any medical treatment. After practicing Falun Dafa, she regained her health. In order to clarify the truth to the government, she walked to Beijing and used her personal experience to tell people that Falun Dafa is good. In the Wanyaoshu Detention Center she went on a hunger strike in protest of the brutal treatment she received. Officers Wu and Fan ordered guards to hold down this young practitioner and forced her to drink a mixture of salt and sugar in water. They broke three of her teeth and tortured her until she was near death.
- Liao Jianbu, male, approximately 40, is self-employed. He was jailed at Wanyaoshu Detention Center for appealing in Beijing and has not yet been released.
- Wang Jun, male, is a worker at the Panzhihua City Steel Factory. With his firm belief in Falun Dafa, he continued to practice the exercises in public but was kidnapped by local police. He was unlawfully detained at Wanyaoshu Detention Center numerous times and was brutally beaten by police when he continued to practice the exercises and introduce the Fa. His current situation is unknown.
- Zhang Ju, male, approximately 30, is a worker at the Panzhihua City Steel Factory information center. Despite experiencing enormous pressure, he continued to practice Falun Dafa. He was arrested and illegally detained by police while clarifying the truth to people and distributing Dafa materials. His current whereabouts are not known.
- Yang Chengyin, female, 69, is a kind hearted elderly lady. She continued to practice Falun Dafa and clarify the truth to the people. She was arrested after police surrounded a sports stadium where she and a group of practitioners were sharing experiences. She is still being held at Wanyaoshu Detention Center.
- Luo Lingzhen, female, 39, is a primary school teacher. She was unlawfully detained three times at Wanyaoshu Detention Center because she continued to practice Falun Dafa and clarify the truth to the people. She was brutally beaten by Tian Ping, an eastern district female police officer, and suffered wounds all over her body. She escaped while being transported to the Zhizhong Nanmusi Female Labor Camp and her current whereabouts are unknown.
- Zhang Yuntao works in the 504 Electricity Factory administration office. Because he printed flyers containing the truth about the "Tiananmen Square Self-immolation" and "Bo Yibin Suicide" and his personal cultivation experiences, he was unlawfully arrested by the Security Department at his factory. This incident had a very negative impact on the entire factory and it was heard that he has been detained, but his whereabouts are unknown.
The responsible work unit is Panzhihua City Wanyao Shu Detention Center: 86-812-2222589