Recently, there have been a number of reports of both natural and man-made disasters in China. Especially during this Spring Festival holiday season, there have been many serious traffic accidents, resulting in a great number of deaths.

- On January 30, a medical staff member of Futu Town Hongqing Hospital in Yangxin County, Hubei Province, used a contaminated needle for vaccination that led to 32 infections of Hepatitis in children.

- At about 11:40 a.m. on February 3, there was a serious traffic accident within the administrative area of Xishuangbanna Dai-ethnic Autonomous Region, Yunnan Province. A medium-sized Wanda bus fell suddenly into a nearby river, causing 11 deaths.

- During the Spring transportation season, four severe traffic accidents happened consecutively in Zhejiang Province. This led to 17 deaths and 47 injury victims.

- On February 5, at Yingkou Bayuquan of Liaoning Province, there was a big traffic accident causing 5 deaths and 1 serious injury.

- On February 7, at Guanghui Village of Xialu Town, Shizhu County, Chongqing City, there was a big explosion due to the resident Ran Congfa's illegal production of fireworks at home, causing 5 deaths and 2 people injured.

- On February 8, in a department store on Wanshan Road of Yingyang City, He'nan Province, a customer started a big fire when he tried to test the fireworks there, causing at least 9 deaths.

- On February 13, a mid-sized bus rushed out of Huiyang-Shatian section of the Shenzhen-Shantou Expressway and skidded across the road and into a ditch, causing 6 deaths and over 10 injuries.

- On February 14, there was a big chain of car accidents near Beijing on the Jing-Jin-Tang Expressway. A total of 54 injured were taken to area hospitals.

- On February 16, a large bus from the Chongqing Municipal Bus Company No. 5 fell 105 meters into the Jialing River in Yanjing Town of Hechuan City. 10 people died and 48 were injured.

- On February 17, there was a huge traffic accident at the Dongyuan County Reshui section of National Highway No. 205, causing 5 deaths and more than 10 injuries. It also caused a large-scale forest fire.

- On February 17, in Shimen County, Hu'nan Province, there was a big traffic accident that involved 25 deaths and 41 injuries.

- On February 17, on the Shuita village section of National Hwy #318 in Tianquan County, Sichuan Province, a large bus fell over a 30-meter cliff, which caused 8 deaths and 16 injuries.

- On February 19, two double decker buses licensed in Sichuan Province collided on a highway surrounding Guiyang City, causing a total of 21 deaths and injuries.

- On February 18, on the Tangkou Town section of National Hwy #325 in Kaiping City, Guangdong Province, 3 buses collided and caught on fire. The smaller bus was crushed under a bigger bus. A family of 7 were caught in the bus and burned to death. Four passengers on the other bus were injured and sent to the hospital.

- On February 18, an illegal gambling hall caught on fire in Guye District of Tangshan City, Hebei Province, causing 17 deaths, most of whom were youths.


Facing the number of disasters, what on earth do people really think caused all this?

"I can tell you, all of the natural and man-made disasters that have been happening in Mainland China are already warnings for the sins the beings there have committed against Dafa. If they don't come to realize it, then the real catastrophe(s) will begin..." (Dafa is Indestructible)

In fact, since July of 1999, the "human rights scoundrel" Jiang and his political cronies have been persecuting Falun Gong practitioners who simply cultivate according to the principle of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." It is this brutal persecution that is the real cause of the disasters and catastrophes. Since December of last year, the death toll of Falun Gong practitioners tortured to death has been rising alarmingly. Right in the beginning of the New Year of 2002, Jiang and his evil gang have again escalated the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China. In less than two months, almost 40 Falun Gong practitioners were tortured to death. That makes the total death toll 369 so far. The outrageous and insidious persecution is so horrific that it is drawing the anger of divine beings!

Dafa Practitioner Chen Yong Tortured to Death at Guanshan Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province

Mr. Chen Yong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Dalian City Development District, was unlawfully sentenced to 3 years of labor "re-education" by the Development District's Public Security Bureau in mid 2000. After being jailed in Dalian Forced Labor Camp for more than one year, he still held firm to his belief in Falun Gong and was transferred to Guanshan Forced Labor Camp for further persecution along with some other determined practitioners. Here, he was tortured to death on January 30, 2002. He is survived by his 7-year-old child who is now unattended at home. His gravely ill mother who was still hospitalized at the time of his death also survives him.

The Beijing Representative Office of the Jilin City Public Security Bureau Tortured Dafa Practitioner Lu Shuqiu to Death

Recently, Dafa practitioner Lu Shuqiu went to a fellow practitioner's home to pick up some truth-clarification materials and said, "I'll go to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa after I distribute these truth materials." She also said, "After I validate the Fa, I'll come back with dignity." The fellow practitioners encouraged her, "We wish you success!"

A few days later, Lu Shuqiu's family members got a notice from the police station asking for 2,000 Yuan (average wage for urban workers is about 500 Yuan per month) for her return. However, on the next day, the police station notified her family members that Lu Shuqiu had died in the Beijing Deputy Office of the Jilin City Public Security Bureau. They asked the family to take care of the funeral. Lu Shuqiu is another practitioner who has been tortured to death, just like practitioners Cui Guoqing and Qu Junli.

Practitioner Mr. Ding Wen of Shiyan City, Hubei Province, Tortured to Death in Zhangwan District's Brainwashing Class

Ding Wen, a male Falun Gong practitioner about 30 years old, lived in Shiyan City, Hubei province. He had been illegally detained in a brainwashing class in Zhangwan District, Shiyan City, Hubei province. He was tortured to death on January 14, 2002, and his body was surreptitiously cremated on January 16, 2002. His wife, Chen Rongmei is now being held in a brainwashing class at the local Second Automobile Plant. The police, in an effort to keep the news from being made public, have threatened witnesses not to reveal the truth. Ding Wen had been severely beaten repeatedly and heavily during his detention. He had also been forced to do numerous sit-ups, run and stand at attention in the cold weather of last winter. These caused excruciating stomach cramps that led to vomiting during the daily torture.

On February 19, 2001, the detained practitioners went on a hunger strike. Huang Chengjun and Fu Baoan were in charge of beating the practitioners. Yan Judong and Xia Baozhong and Min Tianxiang, those in command of the brainwashing class from Zhangwan district police station, gave the order to take the male practitioners to the second floor and beat them severely in the restroom. Yan Judong, Xia Baozhong and Min Tianxiang hit and kicked the practitioners in their abdomens. Ding Wen began bleeding internally from the beating. Mr. Li Guoyun, a sixty something practitioner, was beaten until blood appeared in his urine. Another practitioner received several fractures to his ribs. The practitioners were not allowed to sleep, and their hands were cuffed from behind to the water pipe in the restroom for two days.

In late March 2001, while enduring yet another beating Ding Wen was pushed closer and closer to a window and forced to jump out of it. The lower part of his back was severely injured but he was then sent back to his work unit. At the end of August while still recovering in his hometown, the police from Hongwei sub-district forced Ding Wen back to the brainwashing class. In September, when one of his roommates ran away, brainwashing class personnel tortured Ding Wen mercilessly in a single cell to force him to confess what he knew. They forced him to join his hands behind his back with one hand going over his shoulder down and the other from the bottom upwards. They beat him relentlessly. They forced him to drink alcohol until intoxicated [Note: Falun Dafa practitioners abstain from alcohol, tobacco and other similar vices] and then force-fed him vinegar. The torture continued for 5 days. Then he was sent to jail at a police station. After a month at the police station, he was transferred back to the brainwashing class. He was tortured to death on January 14, 2002. The news of his death was not made public. Even his wife, Chen Rongmei, did not know he had died. His wife remains in a brainwashing class at the local Second Automobile Plant.

Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Jian Tortured to Death at Liuchangshan Forced Labor Camp in Jinan City, Shandong Province

Dafa practitioner Liu Jian was kidnapped and jailed in a detention center for appealing for Falun Dafa and requesting the freedom to practice Dafa. In March 2001, he was illegally sentenced to forced labor "re-education" and transferred to Liuchangshan Labor camp. While in the detention center, Liu Jian staged a hunger strike to protest his illegal arrest. After he was sent to the labor camp, he continued the hunger strike until the last moment of his life. While in the labor camp, Liu Jian was locked up separately and guarded by criminals. He suffered unimaginable torture both mentally and physically. After Liu Jian's death, the labor camp tried hard to prevent the information from leaking to the outside.

Hu Youliang, a Practitioner from Xishui County, Hubei Province, Died of Torture on January 23, 2002

Hu Youliang, male, 48 years old, was a resident of Xishui County, Hubei Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, whereupon his physical and mental health improved tremendously. Many people around him witnessed this improvement. But since the evil persecution started on July 20, 1999, he and his family have never had a single peaceful day.

To clear the reputation of Dafa, Hu Youliang had been both to the Provincial Government and Beijing to appeal for Dafa, and he had openly joined group practice.

He had been arrested and tortured many times, but his determination to practice and safeguard Dafa was never shaken (Clearwisdom.net reported his story before). In November of 2000, he was forced to leave home to avoid being illegally arrested. The police from Xishui County tried to find him everywhere, making it impossible for him to return home. While away from home, he helped produce truth-clarifying materials and provided them to many areas where people were eager to learn the truth of Falun Dafa. In December 2001, he was illegally arrested in Shaoyang City of Hunan Province and brutally tortured in prison. To resist the persecution, he went on a hunger strike for over 20 days. On January 18, 2002, the police saw that he was in a life-threatening state, and as they were afraid of taking legal responsibility, they sent him back to his home in Xishui County. Despite his life-threatening condition, the local police there still held him in the detention center and kept torturing him until he died on January 23.

Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wu Jingxia, from Fangzi District, Weifang City, Shandong Province is Tortured to Death

Falun Dafa practitioner Wu Jingxia, female, 29 years old, lived in Gejia Village of Fenghuang Street, Fangzi District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. Vicious people arrested her on January 6, 2002 as she distributed flyers about Falun Gong. She was sent to a brainwashing class on January 18 and tortured to death around 5:00 p.m. on January 19. Notice of her death was sent to her family one day later.

According to a witness, many police officers monitored the family members and relatives who came to show their last respects. Ms. Wu Jingxia's family members and relatives witnessed the cuts and bruises that were visible all over her body and also noticed the four or five deep depressions on her chest caused by electric batons. Her lower back and thighs were beaten so severely that they had dark bruises. The beatings had fractured one of her thighbones, and her face was covered with blood, which made her difficult to recognize.

After her death, the evil officials from Fenghuang Street Administrative Office and Fangzi District Police Department set illegal surveillance systems in place to monitor her mother, her husband, and all of her other relatives. They were under 24-hour house arrest. At the same time, the authorities did not allow relatives and friends to visit the family. Nearby villages were also under control to block the news from getting out. The evil beings were extremely afraid of their crime being exposed.

Falun Dafa Practitioner Cui Dezhen Beaten to Death by Police in Laixi City, Shandong Province

Local police beat Falun Gong practitioner Cui Dezhen to death on the night of December 28, 2001. Cui was approximately 30 years old and lived in Lushang Village, Laixi City. His body was found dumped in a creek alongside of the road with blackened hands and bloodstained face and head. His wife, who is not a practitioner, was illegally detained by the local police all night and interrogated for the names of other practitioners who often visited her family. Cold, hungry and extremely distraught, she refused to cooperate. After Cui's death, the local police altered the scene of the crime. They coerced a practitioner into unfurling a Falun Dafa banner at the scene and took a photo to make it look like Cui Dezhen died from trying to hang the banner on a high voltage power line. Several meetings were held with officials at different levels of various departments to spread this deceptive propaganda.

Dafa Practitioner Zhan Wei Dies from Torture and Abuse at the No. 1 Detention Center of Yingcheng City, Hubei Province

On January 23, 2002, Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhan Wei from Yingcheng City was tortured to death at the No. 1 Detention Center of Yingcheng City, Hubei Province.

Zhan Wei, male, 31 years old, was an employee in Yingcheng City's Postal Bureau. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. After his trip to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong around the National Day (October 1, 2001), he was detained in Yingcheng City's No. 1 Detention Center. Mr. Zhan had been on a hunger strike since the beginning of January 2002 to protest this illegal persecution. Not until eight days later, when he was on the verge of death due to severe dehydration, did the detention center authorities send him to a hospital to give him an intravenous drip against his will. Upon seeing that he was dying, the detention center authorities asked his family members to take him back home. On January 23, 2002, three days later after being taken back home, he passed away.

Before he died, Mr. Zhan Wei told practitioners who were taking care of him that he was dying from the torture and abuse he received. According to the practitioners close to him, there were some unusual physical symptoms on Zhan Wei's body. The fingernails of both hands showed strange purple bruises, appearing like the symptom of being poisoned. His left hand through which he had been given intravenous fluid, looked worse than the right one.


Not just practitioners are suffering from the Jiang regime's persecution of Falun Gong. Like people in a village who live side by side, if a villain sets one house on fire, the whole village would soon be engulfed in flames. The persecution is not just affecting practitioners but people all over China and across the world.