(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Dafa practitioner in Anshan City, Liaoning Province. On November 25, 2001, five practitioners and I went to Tiananmen Square and unfurled a banner that read, "Falun Dafa is good" and shouted "Falun Dafa is good!" The police officers in the square immediately arrested us. However I continued to shout, "Falun Dafa is good." Later we were put into a police car. After we got in the car the police officers violently beat us with their batons.

First, we were taken to the Tiananmen Square Police Station. Later that night we were transferred to Chongwen District Detention Center and illegally detained for a month, during which we suffered various tortures. In the night of December 29, 2001, we were transferred back to Tangjia Police Station in Anshan City. Soon after, several police from the Qianshan District Politics and Security section went to my home and ransacked it, but they didn't get anything. They coerced me to tell how we went to Beijing and threatened to arrest my wife, who is also a practitioner. I had attachments to family, fear, and various other ordinary people's attachments, so I told them. That night I was locked in an iron cage in Tangjiafang Police Station and sat for a whole night in handcuffs and shackles. The next day, December 30, we were sent to Anshan City No. 3 Detention Center. When we arrived, they illegally searched us and ordered us to pay a 175-Yuan fee for meals. [500 Yuan is the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China.] Then, several other practitioners and I were locked in cell No. 205.

During our illegal detention, two practitioners held a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Guard Guo Yanmin beat them. On the sixth day of their hunger strike, the director and Guo Yanmin removed these two practitioners and force-fed them. One of them was forced to drink water and later sent back to our cell. We learned that the other practitioner firmly refused to cooperate with them, so they locked him up in a cell together with common criminals. At midnight, Guo Yanmin came to our cell and threatened the practitioner who drank water not to hold a hunger strike. At that time I asked Guo Yanmin from the upper bunk, "What did you do to the other practitioner who held a hunger strike?" He said to me, "Get off the bed." I didn't move. He then shouted for me to come down, so I came down from the upper bunk. Guo Yanmin then said, "I'll let you care for your fellow practitioner," as he swung his fist and hit my head more than a dozen times. Later, he took me downstairs, ordered me to squat and kicked me. Another guard He Qiang also kicked me several times. Then Guo asked me, "Now are you still going to care for your fellow practitioner?" I didn't say anything. Then they took me to the guard's rest room and planned to beat me again. Guo severely beat my buttocks with a plastic tube made for beating people. I didn't say anything and thought, "Dafa practitioners are determined."

After the beating they sent me to cell No. 207. Half an hour later, female director Liu Jie and guard Guo Yanmin transferred me to cell No. 218, a cell for common criminals. They also handcuffed and shackled me, and I was forced to wear them even during sleep. At that time my buttocks bled, and the blood stuck to my pants. However, I wasn't allowed to change my clothes. The prisoners in the cell found a quilt and bedspread, and they urged me to rest. I clarified the truth about Falun Gong to them. Soon, they changed their hostile attitude toward Dafa, and some immediately said that they would practice Dafa.

I held a hunger strike the next day to protest the persecution. On the fourth day of my hunger strike, Guo Yanmin asked me over to talk and said he was wrong to beat me, and he asked me not to hold a hunger strike. Because of my attachment to comfort and the thought of no longer having to suffer, I compromised with them and said I would eat. Therefore, he removed my handcuffs and shackles. At the same time, he said to me, "You are not allowed to do [Dafa] exercises in the detention center." I said, "In order to practice and study the Fa, Dafa practitioners are not afraid of death." He didn't say anything else and sent me to cell No 205, where the fellow practitioners were held.

The 19 illegally detained practitioners were separated in three rooms: female practitioners in cells No. 201 and No. 203, and five male practitioners were locked up in cell No. 205. We studied several of Teacher's new articles, sent forth righteous thoughts and did group practice until after midnight. We all firmly negated the old force's arrangement with our righteous thoughts, since the detention center is not our natural cultivation environment. On the morning of January 27, 2002, a prisoner who cleaned up garbage forgot to close the female practitioners' cell door, so the female practitioners walked out and opened the door of our male room. That's how five of our male practitioners also walked out. We found out that the guard who was responsible for the stairway 24 hours a day was not there. We went down to the first floor, and the guard there watched us walk out and didn't stop us. We then walked out of the front door on the first floor. When we came to the front gate, the automatic iron gate wasn't open. We all sent righteous thoughts to let the door be opened, and the guard opened the door. There were police officers and other prisoners in the yard at that time who were also restrained by our supernormal abilities and couldn't stop us. We then walked out of the front gate. In this fashion, 19 practitioners walked out of Anshan Dentention Center, open and aboveboard, and we continued to send forth righteous thoughts as we walked to a bus station about a mile away. We got on a bus and left the detention center, starting on a new Fa rectification journey.

February 18, 2002

(See another report from: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/2/17/18825.html)