(Clearwisdom.net) Song Xinxing, male, 52 years old, living at the 6th group of the 78th council, is an employee in the Forestry department of the Shuangyashan Municipal Bureau of Mines. On the afternoon of January 4, 2001, he asked his boss for leave to go to Shandong Province to visit his son and to go to Beijing to visit his older brother. On January 5, he was forcefully arrested by the security section of his workplace and was sent to a detention center where he was illegally detained for 47 days. Also, he was forced to pay 615 yuan [the average monthly salary of an urban worker is about 500 yuan in China] for the cost of food. During the detention, his salary was cut off. Later, because his family had big financial difficulties, his workplace paid him one month's salary retroactively. On February 24, 2001, Chen Zaixing who worked for the public security department of the bureau of mines extorted 1,000 yuan from him as the so-called "bail" and told him verbally that they would return the money one year later.

Zhang Yanli, female, 45 years old, is a teacher at the affiliated elementary school of Shuangyashan City Normal University. She went to Beijing to rectify the Fa on December 23, 2000. On December 24, three people dispatched by the principal of her school brought her back on the way to Beijing at Shanhaiguan. On December 27, her school sent her to the Shuangshan police station and detained her at a detention center for more than 4 months.

Wang Jing, female, 33 years old, lives at Gulou District, Liaocheng City, Shandong Province. On March 24 2001, she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa, but was illegally detained at the detention center at Xicheng District, Beijing. On April 4, Gulounan branch of the Criminal Police Brigade and the Gulou police station brought her back. She was illegally detained at the detention center for 44 days. Wang, the director of the Liaocheng Police Station and Bai, the head of the Gulounan Criminal Police Brigade, extorted 3800 yuan from her. When she was released, the local 610 office [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] once again sent her to the detention center. Because she has a 3-year-old child to take care of, they finally gave up detaining her.

Wang Junhong, female, 28 years old, is an employee at Shuangyashan Coal-Selection Mill. In July 2000, because she visited a fellow practitioner's home, she was illegally detained for 7 days. On April 21, 2001, because she wrote Dafa slogans, she was arrested. During her hunger strike, Wang Guozhong, the director the detention center and Xu Enjiang, the jail doctor force-fed her and beat her up. She was illegally sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp. Later, her family members paid 3,000 yuan in extortion money and got her released. The extortion money was paid to Shuangyashan Municipal Police Station, and the major people responsible for the extortion are: Li Xue and Wang Dianchun.

Jiang Shuling, female, 52 years old, is a teacher at the affiliated elementary school of the city normal university. On the afternoon of October 27, 2000, Zou Shuang, from the first section of the Municipal Police Station and Wang Dianchun, from Jiangshan Police Substation found the school secretary, Li Xiuping, and demanded she go to the police station to verify some facts. Secretary Li Xiuping sent Jiang Shuling to the police station and illegally detained Jiang at the detention center for 54 days. Jiang's family members found the section chief of the first section to request that they release Jiang, and they were extorted of 1,000 yuan. On April 9, 2001, Wang Dianchun and several other people went to smash her door in. She did not open the door. Half an hour later, they pried open the security door and unlawfully searched her home. Her son stopped their illegal search. Liu Huang, of the local policeman often goes to her home to harass her family without any reason. Her school secretary, Li Xiuping also demanded the teachers on duty call her home to harass her.

Sun Min, female, 34 years old, is a resident of Jianshan District. In June of 2000, to validate Dafa, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. On her way to Beijing, her family members brought her back. Without any legal procedure, Yu Yongjiang, who was in charge of the local 610 office detained her for half of month in the name of disturbing the public security.

Sun Lingyun, female, 52 years old, lives at the 8th road of Jianshan District. She had been one of the department cadres at the municipal administration bureau of coal industry. Now she is retired. In 2001, some wicked ruffians at the Kaisha field at Huanan reported her to the local Chinese Criminal Police Brigade. At 3:40pm on July 6, Wu Yanjun, the director of the local police station, Xu Fei and other 3 policemen broke into her home. The 67-year-old landlord was frightened and became seriously ill and had to spend over 5,000 yuan for medicine. They forcefully confiscated Sun Lingyun's Dafa books and cassette tapes, and cell phone battery. In addition, they extorted 3,000 yuan as bail.

Deng Chunying, female, 27 years old, works at a beauty shop. On New Year's Day of 2000, she went to the 610 office to validate Dafa. Hong Chen, who works for the 610 office attempted to forcefully detain her. She was forced to write a promise that she wouldn't go to Beijing and then she was released. Later, she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa, Hong Chen took his daughter to Beijing and brought her back, and held her in detention for 18 days. On December 12, 2001, when she was clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa, Wang, the instructor of the Yonghong police substation, kidnapped her. Wang even used his fists to violently beat her in the face and illegally detained her. On the fifth day of her hunger strike, it became very difficult for her to breathe. She could barely endure the distress, and both of her hands and feet did not appear to be functioning normally. Her cellmate reported her situation to the warden. The brutal policeman, Wang Danyan pinched her nose and forcefully poured food into her mouth. She felt her breathing become weaker and weaker. Around 4:00pm, they informed her family members to pick up Deng Chunying. At that time, she lost her hearing and was not able to speak.

Zhang Li, female, 30 years old. Because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on December 26, 2000, her workplace did not permit her to return to work with the excuse that she had not asked for leave. In the middle of 2001, the telecommunications company illegally fired her. On May 4, 2001, she was illegally detained at Baoqing and was released 4 months later. The major people who are responsible for this are: the political and security section: the section chief, Han, and Qiang Gang.

February 14, 2002