(Clearwisdom.net) Xu Qitian, male, 33 years old, is a Dafa practitioner from Guangdong Province. Previously, his wife had suffered from an incurable disease and the doctor said she could not live long, but after obtaining Dafa she recovered fully both physically and spiritually. Since then, all her family went on the path of cultivation.

On July 20, 1999 when Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong, Xu and fellow practitioners stepped forward to validate Dafa. He has been arrested and detained twice. Each time, he kept his thoughts righteous. The first time, he just recited Master's poem:

"To live with no pursuits, To die with no regrets; All excessive thoughts extinguished, Cultivating Buddhahood is not difficult." ("Non-existence" from Hong Yin, unofficial translation), and stepped out of the detention center with righteous thoughts. The second time when he left the detention center, the policemen used money and a job opportunity for him as bait and asked him to be a collaborator [to assist the police in persecuting other Dafa practitioner and force them to give up their belief], but he refused.

In 2000, his wife was arrested and sent to a brainwashing class. Xu was also forced to become destitute and homeless to avoid persecution, but he never stopped clarifying the truth to the people. He joined local practitioners to validate Dafa. In January 2002, due to a collaborator's betrayal, Xu was arrested. In jail, Xu was determined and did not give up his faith. He went on a hunger strike to protest for over two months. During the persecution, he lost his hearing. A medical examination revealed that he suffered from gallstones and liver disease. His physical health continues to deteriorate. Now he is still jailed in Team Three of the No. Two Labor Camp in Longhua Town, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province. Because he would not give up cultivation and the universal truth, he has been sentenced to three years of illegal imprisonment. In October of this year, his family members wrote him a letter. There has been no news of him since then.