(Clearwisdom.net) From the second half of 1999 to the beginning of 2002, each squadron of the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in the City of Zizhong in Sichuan Province held between 10 and 20 Dafa practitioners. Each day the practitioners were forced to work 16 to 17 hours while under the strict surveillance of two to four criminal inmatesí mainly drug addicts who have been coerced by police to monitor and beat Dafa practitioners. On June 20, 2000, the 7th squadron was formed. Seventeen drug addicts were picked by police from other squadrons and brought to the 7th squadron, specifically for the purpose of torturing Dafa practitioners.

Dafa practitioners had been following their belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance and persisted in doing the Falun Gong exercises. In early June of 2000, Dafa practitioners in the first squadron including Yu Shencui, Yin Huafeng, Wu Yuping, Mao Junhua, Wang Hongxia, and You Jinfang were tortured by guards and criminals to the point where their bodies were covered with injuries. Yu Shencui was tortured until she lost consciousness. Then a few Dafa practitioners were dragged along the ground from the dining hall to the workshop. Blood all over their legs caused their pants to stick to their flesh. Yin Huafeng was stripped and forced to stand in front of a mirror naked for two nights.

The deputy squadron head Zhang Xiaofang was responsible for directing the torture. More than ten Dafa practitioners in the fourth squadron were locked in a water dungeon [practitioners are locked in chest deep water and in total darkness. For more information about water dungeon, please refer to http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/2/3/18368.html]. Police in the fifth squadron punched and kicked over ten Dafa practitioners in the squadron including Chen Xiangzhi and Zhu Li. They were also tortured by "tying the ropes," [The police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around her neck, and tie her hands behind her back. Then the police would use all the force they could muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for her to breathe. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm] shocked by electric batons or not allowed to sleep. After the 7th squadron was formed, all 95 female Dafa practitioners that were left were assembled together and monitored by male police with electric batons in their hands, while female police kept cursing at them. They were also forced to stand under the hot sun without being allowed to talk, move or even close their eyes. Otherwise, they would be forced to run laps around the field or remain standing for long periods of time. They were forced to go nine days or more without taking a shower or wash their faces. At the end of June 2000, Dafa practitioner Li Fengqi was beaten up by drug addict Li Xiaoling, leaving Li Fengqi's legs and bottom covered with injuries. It was heart wrenching to witness the torture. A drug addict beat Zhang Shiqing with a steel bar until she lost consciousness, leaving her bruised all over her body. Wang Hongxia's right eye was injured by guard You Ping.

On March 7, 2001, a reporter from the Sichuan TV station came to the camp to shoot a video. Just because female Dafa practitioner Wang Hongxia said, "The persecution of Dafa is the most appalling injustice throughout the ages," she was kicked by male squadron head Yuan Jin. Wang Hongxia was injured to the point of walking with a limp for a long time afterwards. The reporter who was taking the video said, "You should enforce the law without using violence."But policeman Yuan Jin dragged Wang Hongxia to a small room and tortured her until she coughed up blood.

During 2001, policeman Yuan Jin threw Tao Juhua's head against a wall until she vomited blood. Zhang Xiaofang, a policewoman, shocked Zhang Yaqun with an electric baton until her face was covered with blood, just because she spoke out for another practitioner that was being tortured.

Li Guangqin was tortured until she lost consciousness by a group of policemen for doing the Falun Gong exercises. More than 20 Dafa practitioners were locked in a small room and not allowed to leave or talk to each other. They had to eat, drink and relieve themselves in the same room for over one year. At the same time, they were beaten, drenched with cold water and hung up by handcuffs. Policemen hit some of the female practitioners in the bottom with "Langya" batons [baton mounted with sharp metal spikes] until they were not able to sit or lie down.

Practitioners were even not allowed to use the toilet. In the 8th squadron, Dafa practitioners Wang Hongxia and Li Shigui were shocked by police with electric batons for going to the bathroom. Li, a policewoman and the former leader in the 9th squadron, conducted a brainwashing class to verbally assault the practitioners and slander Dafa. The camp also subjected Dafa practitioners to slanderous books and videotapes. They also illegally extended the practitioners' detention terms.

The above is just a small sampling of the torture of practitioners in the Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, and it's getting worse and worse. I urge all the kind-hearted people in the world to help to end this inhumane persecution against Falun Gong practitioners as soon as possible.

December 12, 2002