On May 20, 2002, practitioner A from Huludao City was kidnapped by the local police and sent to a brainwashing class. The practitioner immediately went on a hunger strike against the illegal detention. Without following any legal process, the local "610 Office" (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems) illegally sentenced this practitioner to a labor camp. A few days later, practitioner A was sent to the Masanjia Labor Camp, which is notorious for its evil behavior and brutality against Dafa practitioners.

According to information from the practitioners who were released in May, the Masanjia Labor Camp continues to use all kinds of brutal methods to persecute practitioners. All the activities must also follow their rules and orders. If anyone violates their rules or orders, they will suffer all kinds of physical penalties such as being beaten up, not being allowed to sleep, and being confined in a solitary compartment, etc.

Around the end of October, the labor camp arranged to take the practitioners' picture. Practitioner A refused to be photographed and said very righteously, "I am not a criminal and I do not need my picture taken." Still, the evil police used a "solitary compartment" to punish her. (For a detailed description for this and other forms of torture used in forced labor camps, see http://www.geocities.com/transrefs/Torture-tr.html ) There were around ten "solitary compartments" on the first floor. Inside of the solitary compartment it was cold and dark. The tortured practitioners were not allowed to wear a lot of clothes or to eat (the meal was only a half piece of corn bread with a few salted vegetables). In addition, practitioner A was forced to sit on a wooden bench, which was about 2 meters (6.5 ft) long. She was handcuffed separately with one handcuff on each wrist. Each handcuff was then attached to a column on the bench. The handcuffs stayed on all day, except when she ate meals or went to the restroom. During the night, practitioner A couldn't sleep and she couldn't move her legs or change positions. As time went by, the practitioner's hands and legs started to swell and get worse with each passing day. Even during the winter season the solitary compartment does not have a heater. This is the kind of cell that practitioner A suffered in for nine days. After being released, Practitioner A could not walk normally for several days.

At the Masanjia Labor Camp, practitioner A was not the only person who suffered this kind of torture. At the second division of the female labor camp, a practitioner refused to wear a uniform and was thus forced to enter the solitary compartment for forty days. As a result, her leg was swollen like an elephant's leg. Another practitioner, Li Donqing, suffered and stayed in the solitary compartment for 90 percent of the time between October 2001 and May 2002. The first time she was put in the solitary compartment was for 22 days. After that, every time she was put in the solitary compartment, it lasted at least 15 days on average. Li Donqing has been illegally sentenced and sent to the Dabei Prison in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province.

There are too many torture incidences to list. For now, we would like to righteously tell those who participate in persecuting the practitioners at the Masanjia Labor Camp: Please immediately stop persecuting all practitioners; otherwise, your criminal acts will be punished by heaven and by the law of the future.