(Clearwisdom.net) I was fortunate to obtain the Fa in 1996, and benefited both physically and spiritually from cultivation. But such a good cultivation system was suppressed by Jiang's evil regime in China. Many kind-hearted citizens, including myself suffered cruel persecution.

On October 13, 1999, Suizhong County Police Department illegally ransacked both my home and my office; they confiscated my personal property and abducted me to a detention center. On October 31, 1999, I was sentenced to three years of forced labor and sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp because I refused to give up my faith in Falun Dafa. I lost my job in the meantime.

On November 1, 1999, I was sent to the No. 1 Female Institute of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where I was forced to do heavy forced labor. Two criminals were assigned to watch each Dafa practitioner; they did not allow us to speak to each other. We had to stay between the two prisoners when eating or working, even when sleeping. Every day we were forced to work from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. or midnight. As a result of long hours of heavy labor while having only steamed corn bread [made from corn flour and water only] and salted vegetables to eat, many people, including me, suffered swollen and bloated bodies. Yet if a practitioner slowed down the work a little bit, the foreman would hit and verbally abuse her.

In March 2000, a brainwashing team was set up in the No. 1 Female Institute, and Dafa practitioners were forced to sit still on hard benches every day from 6:00 a.m. until midnight or 12:30 a.m. with our hands on top of our laps and backs kept straight. At the same time, they let the collaborators [former Dafa practitioners who have gone astray under pressure and torture] read articles out loud that slandered Dafa and forced practitioners to watch videos slandering Dafa. The police also instigated collaborators to beat up Dafa practitioners. In July, one group of collaborators was transferred from the No.2 Female Institute to form the No. 3 Division specializing in brainwashing through violent means. I was transferred to the No. 2 Team of this No. 3 Division. A few collaborators surrounded me every day to persuade me; they did not allow me to leave the room at all. If I did not cooperate, I would suffer punishment such as being confined in a small cell and various tortures. On the morning of August 3, policeman Dong Bin took me to a small cell and forced me to do body folding ["Body-folding" refers to standing with two legs straight and close, and bending the head down as far as it will go toward the feet, in front of the knees. The fingers point to the ground, the head is upside down, making the body form a 90-degree angle] for a long time. It was so painful that I was drenched with sweat. I was not allowed to sleep at night. Later that night, they forced me to squat. I squatted continuously for one day and one night. On August 4, 2000, more than 40 practitioners were sent from Dalian City. They sent us back to our original team and compelled us to do heavy labor. Our workloads were twice that of other prisoners, and we were forced to work overtime, sometimes until 1:00 a.m. to complete the heavy work.

On December 8, 2002, I was again transferred to the No. 1 Team of this No. 3 Division for attempted brainwashing. Since I did not cooperate with the thugs for two days, on the third day, they confined me in a small cell and forced me to squat in a corner. The area is about 10 square feet with a urinal in the corner and the exit blocked with a table. I was made to squat on a brick that was about 1 square foot in size. With both my feet forced to stay within the border of the brick, I squatted around the clock, and was forbidden to sleep, brush my teeth, wash my face or wash my clothes. I had meals, urinated and excreted in the same cell. On the fourth day, they forced me to squat in the corridor. I was made to squat until midnight before returning to the small cell to continue squatting. At that time, my legs were so swollen that I could not stand up and needed help to walk. On December 13, I was taken to the team leader's office. Vicious policemen Zhang Yan, Dong Bin, Yang Yu and Zhang Jun stripped off my clothes, leaving only my underwear and forced me to sit on the floor. They started to beat me and shocked me with three electric batons simultaneously. My underwear was stained with blood. Afterwards, they again locked me in a small cell.

After January 1, 2001, the thugs forced me to sit on a hard bench facing the wall. No one was allowed to talk to me and I was not allowed to go out to take meals. On March 23, 2001, four practitioners and myself were transferred to the No. 1 Division of the No.2 Female Institute. Soon a strict control class was set up. On the hot summer days, more than 30 practitioners were locked in a single room and three to four persons had to share one single bed. We were not allowed to leave the room, talk, see our family members or take baths. Sometimes we had to work all day until 11 p.m. Five collaborators were assigned to watch us. They forced us to recite labor camp rules, sing songs and read books. If we did not cooperate, our sentences would be lengthened.

As every one of us resisted, the strict control class was dissolved within two months. My sentence was extended for two months.

On August 29, 2002, I suddenly felt acute pains in my chest and could not eat. On the fourth day, I became very weak and dehydrated, and had a fever of over 104 degrees F. I fainted, lost consciousness and was sent to the hospital. I was let out on bail because my life was in such a critical condition. After returning home, I studied the Fa and practiced the exercises for a few days and all my illness symptoms disappeared. I fully recovered and soon joined the current of Fa-rectification once again.

December 12, 2002