On January 12, 2002, Falun Gong practitioners in Caishan town, Huangmei County, Hubei Province held an experience sharing conference. 40 people including 9 from other regions attended the conference. About 11 p.m., policemen surrounded the conference site. Most of the practitioners strengthened their righteous thoughts and escaped the dangerous situation. 7 people were kidnapped by the policemen and detained in the First Detention Center in Huangmei County. The police persecuted two practitioners visiting from outside the area to the extreme.

Those who participated in the kidnapping are:

Wu Guoqi, male, over 30 years old, head of Caishan Town Police Station. He is from White Lake administrative district in town of Zhuogang, Huangmei County. He now lives in Huangmei County police station dormitory area. And one of his family members works in Huangmei County Transportation Company traffic department passenger transportation division.

Policeman Mei Junhua, male, about 26 years old, from Konglong Town Huangmei County, he is the sheriff of Caishan Town local police station.

Hired Personnel Mei Junfeng, male, about 26 years old, from Meixuetang Village, Caishan Town, Huangmei County. Other participants in the persecution also include Qian, Duan Xiaofeng, Hu Yuxiang and Li.

Evil policemen in the First Section of the Huangmei County Police Station: section chief Gui, male, over 40 years old, Vice-section chief Liu Huomao, male, over 40 years old, and police officer Shi.

Persecutors from the First Detention Center in Huangmei County: Director Liu, male, over 50 years old, and political instructor Fei Jinshui. They lead the prison warden and criminals to persecute Falun Gong practitioners long term. Fei Jinshui was responsible for Yixishui County Dafa practitioner Xia Yalin becoming emaciated within 20 days. Xia Yalin could not walk and was on death's door. They feared to be responsible for Xia's dying so they transferred Xia to the Xishui County police.

Dafa practitioner Li Gang (alias) was illegally detained in Huangmei First Detention Center for more than 9 months. Under the direction of Fei Jinshui, the First Section of the Public Security Bureau and "610 office" [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] tortured him so severely that he fainted 7 times. He became very thin and is paralyzed in both legs. Huangmei County police feared being held responsible for his condition so he was moved from the detention center to Huangmei train station. Later, with the help of kind-hearted people, this practitioner was removed from this life-threatening situation.