Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionateáreminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Each time we publish news of this nature, we do so with heavy hearts. These people started off as public servants, but under the intense pressure applied by the Jiang regime, they were pushed into persecuting Dafa disciples. In the process of destroying the lives of kind, law-abiding citizens, they have sealed their own fates and inevitably faced karmic retribution as punishment. If it weren't for Jiang's wicked orders, perhaps their fates would've been different.

Liu Zhenping, male, 56 years old, was a division secretary in Liutun Village, Haibin Town, Xingcheng, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. He was extremely aggressive in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners after July 20, 1999. In 2000, Liu Zhenping abducted a female Falun Gong practitioner in her fifties to the local police station, where he hit her in the head with a leg of a chair. Later, he illegally sent four Falun Gong practitioners from his village to forced labor camp one after another. In the summer of 2001, Liu contracted a strange illness afflicting his vital organs and died at home.

Policeman Xiang Yonggui, male, over 50 years old, was from Dongxinzhuang Town, Xingcheng, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. He often slandered Dafa and viciously beat the kidnapped Falun Gong practitioners. One evening in the summer of 2001, Xiang Yonggui was on duty at the local police station and died suddenly from an unknown illness.

Zhao Chunxue, the head of Xiatagou Village, Shanshenmiaozi Town, Lianshan District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province, the branch secretary Miao Wenxi and his son Miao Xin (over 20 years old, helper at the local police station) went all out to persecute Falun Gong after July 20, 1999. As a result of their actions, Miao Wenxi was forced to resign. Miao Xin was injured while on duty. In August 2002, the village head Zhao Chunxue died from uremia.

November 24, 2002