Latest News from China - 10/31/2002
- [Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Gather Together to Send Righteous Thoughts
- [Shanghai City] Qu Yanlai Is Arrested
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Luo Yujie Is Arrested
- [Yingcheng City, Hubei Province] Xiong Junwei, Wang Huiyuan, Wan Jixiang, Yang Xiaoming Are Arrested
- [Shandan County, Gansu Province] Li Yulian Is Detained in the Zhangye Forest Park Brainwashing Center
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] List of Practitioners Who Are Detained
- [Beijing] Police Persecute Practitioners in the Name of "Investigating the Non-local People"
1. [Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Gather Together to Send Righteous Thoughts
From October 22 to 27, during the period that the evil head went overseas, 30 practitioners in an area in Hubei province continuously studied the Fa together and sent righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil. They left safely on October 27 at midnight after finishing sending righteous thoughts.
2. [Shanghai City] Qu Yanlai Is Arrested
Dafa practitioner Qu Yanlai (graduated from Shanghai Jiaotong University) was arrested on September 30, 2002 at 11 p.m. at his work unit. We have learned that Qu is very steadfast and firmly resists any requirements, orders or directions. Qu has been tortured so severely he has almost lost the ability to walk.
In addition, since late September 2002, police arrested Dafa practitioners Zheng Kang, Du Ying (female), and Cao Peiqing (female) in their homes.
3. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Luo Yujie Is Arrested
On October 13, 2002 Guangzhou practitioner Luo Yujie was taken away by Wu Guozhou, who is from the Yongping Street committee of the Baiyun government, Guangzhou City. Luo was detained at the notorious Guangzhou Drug Rehabilitation Center. In actuality, the center is like a concentration camp.
Yongping street committee: 86-20-86057711
Wu Guozhou cell phone: 86-13609649175
Baiyun Drug Rehabilitation Center, the head is called Wu XX (female) 86-20-81792816; cell phone: 86-13026878923
4. [Yingcheng City, Hubei Province] Xiong Junwei, Wang Huiyuan, Wan Jixiang, Yang Xiaoming Are Arrested
Dafa practitioners from Yingcheng City Xiong Junwei and Wang Huiyuan were arrested on September 30, 2002 when they were explaining the facts about the persecution to the public. They were detained in Yunmeng No. 1 Detention Center. They held a food and water strike for eight days to protest their unjust arrest, and were released. On October 25, 2002 they were arrested again and their whereabouts are unknown.
Wang Jixiang is from Yingcheng City. One day in September 2001, police from Dongmafang police station went to his house to arrest him. This practitioner sent righteous thoughts and got away. He abandoned his home and traveled about in order to avoid arrest. On May 14, 2002 he was arrested in Wuhan City and has been detained in Wuhan since then. The details of his detention are unknown.
Yang Xiaoming, from Yingcheng City, went to his sister's home in Hunan province in July 2002 and was arrested by police from Chenzhou City Police Station. The police took 20,000 Yuan in cash [the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan] from him and his whereabouts are unknown.
5. [Shandan County, Gansu Province] Li Yulian Is Detained in the Zhangye Forest Park Brainwashing Center
Dafa practitioner Li Yulian (female) from Shandan County, Gansu province went to Zhangye City to clarify the facts about the persecution recently and was arrested. She herself is now persecuted and the police are trying to brainwash her. She held a hunger strike to protest her unjust arrest.
In addition, Xiao Zhou, another practitioner from Jiaohua factory went to the police station to retract the "guarantee" statement he wrote before. He has not returned.
The main people responsible are Ren Hong from the Political Security Office in Shandan Police Station and security guards in Jiaohua Factory.
6. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] List of Practitioners Who Are Detained
Jiao Chunfu, male, was detained on November 1, 2001 in the Daqing Changxi Detention Center. In July 2002 he was detained in Hong Weixing Jail. In August he was detained in Acheng Jail.
Liu Li, female, in Daqing Detention Center from November 23, 2000 to December 23
Liu Yue, female, in Daqing Detention Center from February 5, 2001 to March 5
Wang Honglan, female, in Daqing Detention Center from February 27
Li Shujie, female, in Daqing Detention Center June 11, 2000 to June 29
7. [Beijing] Police Persecute Practitioners in the Name of "Investigating the Non-local People"