Ouyang Wei, male, 32, was a resident of Lanzhou City, Gansu Province. On October 16, 2002, three people from the National Public Security Team of the Anning District Police Department in Lanzhou City came to his home. They deceived Ouyang Wei into opening the door by claiming to be his colleagues. Using the pretext of doing some investigation, they took Ouyang away. At noon, the same three people, along with Wei Yingqi, chief of security department of Gansu Province Construction Company, sent Ouyang home. They told his family members that he came back to pick up some clothes and he would be going out to "study" for several days. On October 17, Ouyang's family members went to the police department asking where he was. The National Security Team asked them to talk to Wei Yingqi, who then told them that Ouyang had been sent to Ping'antai Forced Labor Camp to serve a one-year term of labor education on October 16. Wei Yingqi asked Ouyang's family members not to worry about him because medical examination suggested he was in good health. However, they wouldn't be able to visit him until one month later.

At 6:30 p.m. on October 24, Wei Yingqi sent Ouyang home and said, "He is not very good shape. However, he is not seriously ill. Send him back to the labor camp after he recovers." At about 6:30 a.m. on October 26, Ouyang passed away.

Between October 24 and 26, Ouyang told his family members that the policemen in the labor camp instigated criminals to hit him in the head. According to eyewitnesses, there were needle marks on both of his wrists. However, they were not sure what drugs he had been injected with. Later Ouyang's family members went to the police department, asking why the police did not show a warrant when they arrested Ouyang, why there was no legal procedure for sending him to the labor camp, and why such a good person died just 10 days after he was arrested. Instead answering these questions, the police department threatened that "If you keep asking, we will crack down on you without any mercy, simply using the excuse that Falun Gong people are making trouble." When Ouyang's family members went to talk to Wei Yingqi, he shamelessly claimed that they were "harassing" him.

We would like to call on all kind-hearted people around the world to help stop this inhumane persecution.