Latest News from China - 11/03/2002
- [Pindu City, Shandong Province] "610 Office" in Pindu City, Shandong Province Begins to Create Branch Offices in Suburban Areas
- [Qinghuangdao City, Hebei Province] In July, City "610 Office" Arrests Nineteen Practitioners and Forces People to Watch a Film Slandering Dafa
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Police Rampantly Arrest Practitioners
- [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] The Police Persecute Practitioners and Rob Innocent People
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] City "610 Office" Arrests Dafa Practitioners
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Female practitioner Shen Li is Ferociously Assaulted in Huangpu Brainwashing Class of Guangzhou "610 Office"
- [Shandong Province] Shandong Second Forced Labor Camp Tortures Practitioners
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Forced Labor Camp Relentlessly Tortures Practitioners
- [Jinmen City, Hubei Province] The Police Arrest Practitioners and Brainwash Them Violently
- [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] A Dafa Materials Site is Destroyed
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Another Dafa Materials Site is Destroyed
- [Shantou City, Guangdong Province] After Being Detained For Over Two Months, Seven Practitioners Were Secretly Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
- [Puning City, Guangdong Province] Some Officials Plan to Arrest Forty Practitioners Before the Opening of Sixteenth People's Representatives' Meeting
- [South China] A City Successfully Held Three Fa Conferences
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] A Collaborator
1. [Pindu City, Shandong Province] "610 Office" in Pindu City, Shandong Province Begins to Create Branch Offices in Suburban Areas
Recently Pindu City "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] started to create branch offices in the suburban areas. Presently, Guxian, Niancun and Dazeshan areas have been responsible for arresting many practitioners and forcing them into anti-Falun Gong brainwashing classes. The "610 Office" claims that they have been simply following the instructions from higher authorities in exercising their duties. In fact, this is a deceitful excuse in order to get practitioners to cooperate with them.
2. [Qinghuangdao City, Hebei Province] In July, City "610 Office" Arrests Nineteen Practitioners and Forces People to Watch a Film Slandering Dafa
Qinghuangdao City's "610 Office" used every available means in order to arrest 19 practitioners. After they arrested them, they sent the practitioners to brainwashing classes. Among those practitioners, Zhao Yuhuan (female) was just released from the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province for four days before she was taken away from her home again by police. Because she protested the brainwashing, she was deprived of sleep for three days and nights. She was then transferred to the 1st Detention Center. Sources said that she was then sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp again. Currently, her whereabouts are unknown. Practitioner Dian Shujun was arrested from his workplace in May and, since then, his whereabouts are also unknown.
The city's "610 Office" used films to spread lies and slander Dafa. Workplaces and factories were required to make a certain number of people watch the film.
In addition, schools were not exempt from this type of coercion. The Third Middle School requested that every student pay five Yuan to watch the film. When asked about the content of the film, the teachers said they did not know what it was about. When watching the film, the teachers stood in front of the cinema's gate to watch students. The students were not allowed to walk around or use the restroom. If any student did not want to watch the film, he or she was forced to watch it.
3. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Police Rampantly Arrest Practitioners
From the evening of October 30, Wuhan police have mass arrested practitioners. They broke into female practitioner Yao Hui's home in the middle of night. After searching her home, they took her away.
Every morning, in every park, there were practitioners clarifying the truth of Dafa. The police came to these parks and arrested practitioners. In Hankou district of Wuhan City, several practitioners were arrested within a span of three days.
4. [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] The Police Persecute Practitioners and Rob Innocent People
There is a printing company near Suihua Women and Child Health Hospital in Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province. One day several plainclothes police came bringing a Dafa flyer. They asked the worker to make a copy. After the worker did as they asked, they showed their badges and immediately took away all the printing equipment and fined the company several thousands of Yuan. Similar incidents happened at a printing company near the 2nd Shopping Store in the Spring of 2000.
Many practitioners in Suihua City have been arrested, sent to forced labor camps, sentenced and fined. Even practitioners who would not come out to do Dafa work were harassed by the police. When a politically "sensitive period" would near, the district police, community committee and the workplace, would call to warn or threaten practitioners.
5. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] City "610 Office" Arrests Dafa Practitioners
Female practitioner Lian Sanmei from the Agriculture Cultivation Group Co. in Guangdong Province was arrested by police on October 1, 2002, and her whereabouts are currently unknown. Female practitioners from Tianhe district of Guangzhou city Zhan Lin, Zhang Lizhu, Zhao Haiying were also arrested by authorities from the "610 Office" before October 1, 2002.
6. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Female practitioner Shen Li is Ferociously Assaulted in the Huangpu Brainwashing Class of Guangzhou's "610 Office"
Practitioners detained in the Huangpu brainwashing class are suffering appalling and unimaginable torture. Female practitioner Shen Li was stripped naked and beaten while hung upside down. She was also held under ice-cold water and deprived of sleep. She was tortured to the edge of collapse. Crying, she called and told her mother at home about what had happened to her. Her mother encouraged her to be determined and firm. But because the phone was tapped by the "610 Office", Shen Li's mother was later arrested and sent to the brainwashing class.
Brainwashing Class in Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center, Guangzhou City:
Address: Hongshan in Huangpu District of Guangzhou City, zip code: 510700
The head of the brainwashing class: Wang Youcheng
Director: Chen Changyi, mobile phone: 86-13076782938
The staff member who physically tortures practitioners: Qu Chaohua
7. [Shandong Province] Shandong Second Forced Labor Camp Tortures Practitioners
Practitioner Chu Liwen was detained in Shandong's Second Forced Labor Camp. Over a period of one and a half years, he suffered under "harsh treatment." The police tortured him using all different means. Both of his hands were cuffed to chairs and his arms were stretched and tied to the bed. Under this posture, his back became bent (from the torture). Collaborator [former practitioner who has gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] Yang Hongjun was extremely vicious toward practitioners who chose to go on hunger strikes. In the 803rd hospital, he force-fed a practitioner, Mr. Long, through his nose a total of twenty times. Mr. Long bit off the seven tubes forcefully inserted in his mouth. Yang Hongjun then force-fed Long with beer [Note: practitioners do not drink alcohol so force feeding alcohol is aimed at forcing them to go against their principles]
8. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Daqing Forced Labor Camp Relentlessly Tortures Practitioners
In the afternoon of October 10, the police asked the prisoners to torture a practitioner calling it "giving him a cold bath". They doused the practitioner with icy cold water and used an electrical fan to blow cold air on him for more than two hours. The practitioner was stripped and tied onto a special chair, from which there was a narrow stick. All practitioners were locked separately in isolated cells under the supervision of the vicious criminals. In the cells, practitioners were forced to sit on a torture instrument; a small iron bench. They were also deprived of sleep. A practitioner was tortured until midnight, 1am or 2am; then another round of tortures began. The police incited criminals to beat up practitioners at will. Sources said, the next plan of the forced labor camp was to set up a "brainwashing center," to arrest practitioners and to charge them with 1,000 Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan] as a living expense.
9. [Jinmen City, Hubei Province] The Police Arrest Practitioners and Brainwash Them Violently
A brainwashing class was opened in The People's Guard Training Center in Jinmen City, Hubei Province. Around ten practitioners were detained in the class. The confirmed list of detained practitioners: Yang Guipin (female), He Aihua (female), Ren Xiaoyu (female), Wei Shilan (female), Huang Yunxue (female), Li Yanhua (female), Wang Yali(female). Among them, Yang Guipin had been on a hunger strike. Female practitioner Long Jinmei and another practitioner of The City Grain Bureau resisted the illegal arrest and were besieged in their homes.
The City Dongbao Sub-bureau National Security Section provided the list of practitioners, the "610 Office" reviewed it, and the secretary of the City Committee Hu Zongliang, directed by the deputy secretary of City Committee Chen Yongze, signed it. People who were directly involved in the persecution are: guards, party secretaries, labor union secretaries of practitioners' workplaces and the local police station. About twenty collaborators were sent over from Shayang Forced Labor Camp and forced labor camps in Wuhan to persecute practitioners. Six collaborators would gang up on every practitioner and usually tortured until midnight or early morning.
10. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] A Dafa Materials Site is Destroyed
Located at Xinhua Street in Fuxing City, a site specializing in making Dafa materials was recently destroyed by police. Three practitioners were arrested and many pieces of equipment were confiscated.
11. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Another Dafa Materials Site is Destroyed
At 8pm on October 31, a site specializing in making Dafa materials was attacked by police. The site had a copy machine, a desktop computer, a laptop and some Dafa materials. Several practitioners might have been there as well. As of now, there is no information about these practitioners, but they may have been taken away by police.
12. [Shantou City, Guangdong Province] After Being Detained For Over Two Months, Seven Practitioners Were Secretly Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
Seven practitioners including You Chanjun (female), Cai Xuhong (female), Liu Jianhong, Huang Meiyun (female) and Wu Chunhong (female) were detained by Shantou Public and Security Bureau for over two months. They were secretly sent to forced labor camps without any legal process. Sources said that it was the order from higher authorities.
13. [Puning City, Guangdong Province] Some Officials Plan to Arrest Forty Practitioners Before the Opening of Sixteenth People's Representatives' Meeting
For political benefit, some officials of Puning City secretly planned to arrest forty practitioners before the opening of the Sixteenth People's Representatives' Meeting. At present, there are some indications that the following practitioners have been arrested: Xie Luzhi, Liu Yanqin (female), Wu Xiyuan, Yang Hui, Zhang Minhua, Huang Chufang (female), Wu Binlin (female), Wu Liqing (female). They are detained in Puning Detention Center.
14. [South China] A City Successfully Held Three Fa Conferences
From October 25 to 27, three Fa conferences were successfully held in three different locations in a city in south China. Every conference was attended by more than fifty practitioners.
In another city, located in south China, four practice sites have been successfully maintained. From 1999 until now, practitioners at those sites keep on studying Fa and doing the exercises together.
15. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] A Collaborator [former Falun Gong practitioner who has gone astray due to brainwashing and torture]
Li Huajie, male, around thirty years old, was a policeman from Guangzhou City Public and Security Bureau at Tianhe District. He was fired because of practicing Falun Gong. On New Year's Day of 2001, he brought his wife and their two-month-old daughter to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He was detained in Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing where he underwent brutal physical and mental torture. He was forced to give up his belief in Falun Gong. In April 2002, he was released and went back to Guangzhou. Since then he has become an accomplice of those vicious people to persecute practitioners. He even asked other collaborators to brainwash his own wife. Now, he is at Tuanhe district brainwashing center, persecuting practitioners.
Other collaborators who are persecuting practitioners: Shen Lin (female), Chen Suilin (female), Cai Ai (female) in Dongshan brainwashing center. Hu Yinxia (female) and Chen Yuexu.
November 2, 2002