The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Jail No. 4 of Beijiao, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province
1. "Jail in Jail" Persecution
After the Spring Festival in February 2002, officials from Jail No. 4 in Beijiao, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province persecuted those Dafa practitioners who were steadfast by using the "jail in jail" method, which is to put them in confinement cells. They put handcuffs and shackles on those Dafa practitioners who refused to write the three required letters renouncing their belief in Falun Gong, which include a "guarantee-not-to-practice" letter, a letter of repentance, and a letter criticizing other practitioners. Those practitioners were then thrown into the solitary confinement cells, and were brutally beaten. Dafa practitioner Li Yansheng and Zhang Weijin in Division No. 4 of the jail were put into the confinement cell, where they were under tight surveillance. The guards lashed them with a leather belt. Because Li Yansheng was firm and unyielding, he was transferred to Baoding Jail in Hebei Province. The guards kicked Wang Shujun, who is currently being held in Division No. 6. Liu Huimin in Division No. 5 was put in a confinement cell because he persisted in practicing Falun Gong. The guards claimed, "As long as there is a chance that you will give up your belief in Falun Gong, it is worthwhile for us to beat your arms and legs until they are broken."
2. Mental and Physical Persecution
Dafa practitioner Guo Zhijiang in Division No. 1 was brutally persecuted by the guards.
(1) The guards physically tortured him by overloading him with work.
(2) They verbally abused him while he was working.
(3) They forced him to work unceasingly. He had to clean not only the ward where he was held, but also other wards. He was also forced to clean the floors and shelves.
(4) They threatened Dafa practitioners with various kinds of violence, in an attempt to force them to give up practicing Falun Gong.
3. Tricking Practitioners by Using Deceptive Means
They deceived Dafa practitioners by promising them that they would reduce their prison terms, and allow them to go back to work. Actually, they neither reduced their prison terms nor arranged employment for them.
Facing various forms of persecution, most Dafa practitioners in the jail have persisted in their belief in Dafa, and their minds have never been shaken.