(Clearwisdom.net) In January 2001, the "610 Office" in Luzhou City, Sichuan Province established "The Study Class of Legal Institutions." This was the name given to what was actually a brainwashing class. Three groups of abducted Falun Gong practitioners were detained there, one after another.

In the third period of this brainwashing class, eight of the Falun Gong practitioners had recently been transferred in from the detention centers of Luzhou City, and the other eight people were firmly determined practitioners. The authorities forced every Falun Gong practitioner there to pay 1,000 to 2,000 Yuan fees for the brainwashing. Some practitioners were from the countryside and couldn't afford it, so they had to bring their pigs to exchange for money. One practitioner's family member was forced to pay for it with the pension for her deceased husband.

The detained practitioners were forced to read books and watch television programs slandering Falun Dafa and Teacher. If anyone closed his eyes in an attempt to not watch, the police would take actions to force them into keeping their eyes open. If the practitioners sat down in a cross-legged position, the police would force them to unfold their legs, even when they were in bed. The police were on patrol day and night. The brainwashing class stripped people of all human rights.

The practitioners kept studying the Fa. With righteous thoughts, they resisted any unreasonable demands placed upon them.

On September 28, 2001, the officials from the provincial government came to check up on the progress of the brainwashing work, so the guards put up slogans slandering Falun Dafa on the wall of every room. The practitioners tore the slogans off, so the police handcuffed a female practitioner. Arguing strongly and on just ground, the Falun Gong practitioners demanded to speak with the visiting officials. But those officials, without the courage even to raise their heads, left quickly after briskly scanning through the practitioners' weekly experience sharing. The practitioners recited "Lunyu" [introduction to Zhuan Falun] and Hongyin [collection of Teacher's poems] and some of Teacher Li's articles together for half an hour. What the practitioners did frightened the vicious people, so they placed several practitioners in confinement for fifteen days.

In the middle of October 2001, eleven practitioners resolutely walked out of the brainwashing class. This was a powerful scare to the evil forces. The Luzhou City Police Department dispatched a large number of police to watch the practitioners' family members, friends and neighbors. They set guards at all major inter-province routes and wherever practitioners might pass. The brainwashing class has been disbanded since then.

In June 2002, the authorities in Luzhou City illegally sentenced five Falun Dafa practitioners to two to three years of imprisonment. Xu Yong is a thirty-eight-year-old female practitioner from Chengdu City. Because vicious people reported her, the police from Luzhou City arrested and sent her to the Sanhuashan Detention Center where she was detained for one year and three months before being sentenced to two years of imprisonment. With a firm mind, she never yielded to persecution. The warders in the detention center locked her up with hand-fetters [a long chain handcuff that weighs over a dozen pounds, used for locking hands and feet together] for several months. Later she was transferred to the Fuji Detention Center. Because she kept practicing the Falun Gong exercises, the abusers locked her in the bed used for holding corpses, until she was illegally sentenced.

Zhou Ruiying is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Luzhou City. One night in August 2001, the police followed her on her way home. That evening, a plainclothes policeman set her up by suddenly placing a bundle of Falun Gong materials into her hands. She was arrested on site. In June 2002, the authorities illegally sentenced her to two years of imprisonment.

Written on 2002-10-31