(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Xu Shizhong, 43-year-old mineworker from Huludao City, Liaoning Province, was illegally sentenced to 3 years in Huludao Forced Labor Camp. Xu was beaten violently on numerous occasions for insisting on following Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. In order to force him to give up his belief in Dafa, the camp wardens employed many methods to torture him. One night in September 2000, the police stomped harshly on Xu's stomach, and beat him almost to death after he was caught practicing the exercises. At the end of November, the labor camp implemented violent measures to persecute practitioners who undertook hunger strikes. Xu was shocked with 6-7 electric batons at the same time. Criminals were instigated to kick him in the head, until he was near death. By October 26, 2002, Xu had served three years in the labor camp. The security officers from the Sanjiazi Mining Company in the Nanpiao District then took him away and tried to force Xu to write declaration statements to denounce Dafa, but Xu firmly refused. The security officers prepared to send Xu to yet another brainwashing class, then back to the labor camp. Xu's family pleaded for the authorities to stop and paid 1000 Yuan. The security officials then let Xu go home for supper, and sent two men to watch him at his home. Xu narrowly escaped and is now forced into homelessness to avoid further persecution.

Cases of persecution against other practitioners:

On May 25, 2002, Dafa practitioner Liang Guoman was turned in to the police and sent to Huludao Forced Labor Camp. This was the third time that Liang had been illegally sentenced to forced labor. He immediately went on a hunger strike without food or water. By the tenth day Liang's body had become extremely weak, but police officer Zhang Fusheng and others still shocked him with several electric batons while beating and kicking him repeatedly. Liang had suffered from similar persecution before, but this was the most vicious. The skin on his upper and lower back were full of festering sores from the blisters due to electric shocks; pus kept on coming out of the wounds and was extremely horrifying to view. Even a few months later Liang's body was still covered with scars.

On October 15 and 16, 2002, Huludao City police officers searched the city for homeless practitioners. They wanted to arrest the top three "key" practitioners, as their arrest had been specifically ordered. The arrest warrant was posted on all major roads in the city. Local practitioners' homes were disturbed. The local government officials even told residents that they would receive 5000 Yuan as reward for exposing and reporting Dafa practitioners. (The average monthly income for an urban worker is 500 Yuan)

At around 10 p.m. on October 10, police officers Zhang Fugui and others from Qidao Quanzi Police Station in Longcheng Area, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province, kidnapped 41 years old Falun Gong practitioner Jiao Zhihua from her home. Jiao resisted the evil forces with strong righteous thoughts and was finally released.

Huludao City Dafa practitioners Fu Guoqiang and Li Dianwen were both over 60 years of age. They were kidnapped to Huludao City Labor Camp. At the beginning of 2002, they were imprisoned in a mental hospital. During the second half of the year, both were kidnapped to a Xingcheng brainwashing center, and afterwards they were sent back to the labor camp.

In June 2002, Huludao City Dafa practitioner Yang Jiangwei was kidnapped to Huludao Forced Labor Camp and electrically shocked by supervisors Meng, Cui Xiaodong, Liu Haihou, and others from the "First Team," the team specializing in the arrest of Falun Gong practitioners. Yang's body was covered with large blisters as a result of the electric shocks.