The Facts about the Persecution of Fu Shipu by the Hongxinglong Public Safety Department in Heilongjiang Province

Since July 20, 1999, the Hongxinglong Public Safety Department has not allowed us to practice or study as a group. They ransacked my home and confiscated Teacher's pictures and books, and they threatened me, saying that I was not allowed to practice the Falun Dafa exercises, get together with other practitioners or appeal.

On June 2, 2000, after I came back from the Fa Conference in Jiamusi, the local public safety department interrogated me because a practitioner that was arrested had told them where I lived. Later on, my workplace bailed me out. My workplace deprived me of one month in wages, which was more than 800 Yuan. They also charged me two Yuan as a monitoring fee and ordered me to report to them three times a day. This went on for two years. Now they still withhold one Yuan from my salary each day.

On March 15, 2001, the Public Safety Department arrested all the local practitioners and sent them to a detention center and forced us to write the so-called "guarantee statement" [A statement to declare that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners]. I was detained for 18 days and was forced to pay living expenses of 270 Yuan and earnest money [similar to bail money] of 3,000 Yuan. The police ordered me to sign in every day.

In June 2001, truth-clarifying flyers appeared in the region that the Hongxinglong Public Safety Department covers. The local public safety department again called all of us in. This time they took our fingerprints in an attempt to find out who distributed the flyers.

Now, as soon as flyers are found in our area, the police come to us. The Hongxinglong Public Safety Department even forces some practitioners to sign-in everyday; otherwise they will be detained.

The Persecution of Zhao Yan by the Public Safety Department and the Political and Judiciary Committee of Farm 597

My name is Zhao Yan. I'm a female, and I'm 46 years old. My right leg has been disabled since I was two. My family of three started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Around 11:00 p.m. on July 21, 1999, policeman Zhang Longbo and another policeman from the Public Safety Department of Farm 597 came to arrest me and held me in the Public Safety Department until the afternoon of my second day there. Du Wanfa, the Secretary of the Politics and Law Committee (now retired) attempted to extort 500 Yuan (500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban Chinese worker) from my husband but failed.

Around 5 o'clock on Nov. 4, 2000, local policemen Du Xiaolin and Yu Zhentao as well as others broke into my home and ransacked it. They confiscated all the Dafa books and tapes, and some other Dafa materials. Du Xiaolin swore at me while ransacking my home. Later, they took me to another practitioner's home, videotaped us and held us in the police station. In the detention center, they interrogated me over and over again. Because I didn't cooperate with them, Du Xiaolin would swear at me and Zhu Mingquan would beat on my head heavily while swearing at me. They exacted punishment by forcing me, a handicapped person, to stand for more than two hours. The detention center instructor Chi Baohua often extorted money from us.

They kept me for more than a month. On the day of release, the Political and Judiciary Committee tried to force me to sign something but I refused. Du Wanfa pressured my husband to divorce me. Huang Yajie also said something to humiliate me. They also forced me to pay a board expense of 500 Yuan and a deposit of 1,000 Yuan, plus a fine of 500 Yuan. Du Wanfa also said, "If you secretly communicate or visit other practitioners again, it will be a 30 Yuan fine each time I catch you. You'll never get back the 1,000 Yuan deposit." As of today, the money still hasn't been returned. During this period, they searched my home again.

On Dec. 30, 2000, the local policemen Du Xiaolin and Yu Zhentao arrested me and forced me to attend a brainwashing class. They frequently came to my home to harass and persecute me. On numerous occasions, they ransacked my home and took away books and tapes.

One day in July 2001, the policemen abducted me and brought me to the Public Safety Department for more interrogation. They forced me to sign a guarantee statement. After realizing my mistake, I solemnly declared to them that all that I had written and said that was damaging Dafa is null and void, and that I would resume cultivation in Dafa until the end.

Around 1 o'clock on July 9, 2001, the local policemen Yu Zhentao and Qi Zhenjiang brought me to the police station. They asked me, "Are you still going to practice?" I said, "Yes!" Those who said that they would continue to practice Falun Gong were all sent to the Hong Xinglong Detention Center. We were kept in a small cell in the detention center. It was filthy and smelly, and there were many flies. Sometimes we were not allowed to go to the restroom. From the window, the armed police would pour water into the cell. They would also kick on the door while swearing at us. To resist the persecution, all of the practitioners carried out two hunger strikes. We were held in the small cell for more than a month.

Later we were transferred to a large detention center. While we were doing the exercises, the police would often pour water on us. Once a practitioner shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" The director of the detention center, along with instructors and five or six armed policemen beat us up. At that time, we had been on hunger strike for 6 days, and several elderly people had become very weak. Through telling them the facts, they changed a bit, and stopped persecuting us so brutally.

On the morning of April 10, 2002, while I was reading at home, the policemen Du Xiaolin and Cao Mingjun illegally broke into my home. They confiscated my Falun Dafa book and sent me to a detention center. To resist persecution, I went on hunger strike for five days. I didn't eat or drink anything during the five days, but the head of the detention center Zhao Shouxian ordered me to pay board expenses of 150 Yuan. My husband didn't have that much money and paid only 50 Yuan.

Around 7:00 p.m. on May 12, 2002, when I had just come back from the hospital, practitioner Wu Dongsheng came to see me. Three policemen, including Cao Mingjun, Zhang Longbo and others arrested us and brought us to the Public Safety Department. They accused us of secretly communicating and visiting our fellow practitioners, and held us in the detention center. They confiscated more than 300 Yuan (the money saved for my husband's hospital expenses) from me. We went on hunger strike for three days to protest. The detention center took 100 Yuan, and the head of the detention center even claimed that they had been considerate of me and would have otherwise taken more.

Sept. 26, 2002