Incidents of Retribution in China
[Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.]
- Over a dozen so-called "officials" from the Xunyang District "610 Office" (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems), Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province beat practitioner He Daozhen badly, trying to get the source of truth-clarification materials out of her. As the first official was hitting her, he suddenly doubled over, holding his stomach and yelling that he suddenly had a stomachache. After the second thug hit her hard with a wooden plank, someone unexpectedly called him to run home right away because his son had just been admitted to the hospital critically ill. The remaining thugs looked at each other and decided to "let it go."
- My sister's neighbor worked in a bank. He had disparaged a Dafa practitioner working in the bank and taught his son to often repeat words slandering Dafa. This past July, he made a mistake in the bank, recording a customer's 15 thousand Yuan deposit as 150 thousand Yuan. He was suspended from work.
- Vicious policeman Feng Hui from Fucheng Police Station in Qiongshan City, Hainan Province had mistreated Dafa practitioners. As a consequence, he, his father Feng Erning (the former Qiongshan City Health Department Chief) and his wife all have received retribution for their bad deeds. Feng's father has been fired from his job.
- Pei Fuhai, the chief of the detention center in Jize County, Hebei Province had viciously beaten Dafa practitioners many times, having cuffed their hands behind their backs. Recently a criminal in the detention center violently killed another detainee. Pei Fuhai was removed from his post. Jiao Hongbin, chief of Xiaozhai Villege police, had on many occasions mistreated Dafa practitioners. A number of criminal elements in that county also received retribution for their misdeeds.
- Zhang Wanmin from Wenquan government office in Xingcheng Township, Huludao City, Liaoning Province was in charge of persecuting Falun Gong. This year he suffered from a serious illness requiring major surgery. He had to spend tens of thousands of Yuan on medical care. His son developed uremia.
- The director of the residents' committee in Fantanan, Kaifeng City, Henan Province was against Falun Gong. One day he saw Dafa truth-clarification material posted. As he fiercely tore it down, he sneered, "Retribution in this life time. Show me how that works!" Not long after, he suddenly had a stroke and died.
- Song Liwen was from the third unit in Tiantai Village, Tiantai Township, Dehui City, Jilin Province. His wife practiced Falun Gong. Song forbade her from practicing. He often beat and verbally abused her. After July 22, 1999, he burned and tore up all her Dafa books. He even used the torn pages as toilet paper. He had committed a great sin. Not long after that, he developed bone cancer and died half a year later.