Latest News from China - 09/22/2002
- Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to All Mainland Practitioners
- Jiang is Leaving His Den: a Call for All Practitioners to Send Forth Righteous Thoughts to Eliminate the Evil Behind Him
- [Beijing] Crimes Before the Opening of the 16th People's Congress Conference
- [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Officer Xu Shaobin from the Political Protection Unit Beat Practitioner Zhao Xiuxiang Until She Lost Consciousness Many Times
- [Beian City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Arrest Female Practitioner's Family Members
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Gao Jielong Arrested by Secret Agents
- [Zhenzhou City, Henan Province] Female Practitioner Guo Jing was Arrested by Security Guards at the Entrance of Henan Daily News Association
- [China] Despite Pressure from Above, an Educational Department Holds its Ground and Gives its Students a Wonderful Future
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Yuan Xuefen Is Illegally Detained at Chengdu City Detention Centre
1. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to All Mainland Practitioners
Overseas practitioners wish a happy Mid-Autumn Festival to all mainland practitioners. We are striving towards kind-heartedness, improvement, and are realising the true meaning of life.
2. Jiang is Leaving His Den: a Call for All Practitioners to Send Forth Righteous Thoughts to Eliminate the Evil Behind Him
It has been confirmed that the leader of the persecution of Falun Gong in China is leaving Beijing and will be in India during September 21 to 25. Currently, he is in Jakarta. We ask practitioners from all over the world to send out the most righteous thoughts and eliminate the evil elements controlling people in the other dimensions.
3. [Beijing] Crimes Before the Opening of the 16th People's Congress Conference
News from Beijing: the Chinese Communist Party is going to hold the 16th People's Congress Conference. On the one hand, Jiang's totalitarian regime in Beijing has spent large amounts of money and manpower trying to sugarcoat a so-called "millennium;" on the other hand, Beijing City's Chief of Police Administration is holding a special "16th Safety and Protection Work Conference" with around 2000 police representatives from Beijing in attendance.
The Beijing "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] system has been especially active. During the day, they check for IDs house-by-house and arrest Falun Gong practitioners. At night, they secretly monitor practitioner's movements and try to stop them from interrupting television broadcasts and displaying Falun Gong banners; the local neighbourhood watch has also been forcing practitioners to write so-called "guarantees" and have been reporting the actions and whereabouts of some active practitioners. Recently due to collaborators and police searches, quite a few practitioners have been arrested.
Before National Day on October 1st, the "610 Office" from Shijingshan started to frantically persecute practitioners. Babao Mountain and Bajiao police stations have already started to force practitioners into brainwashing classes.
4. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Officer Xu Shaobin from the Political Protection Unit Beat Practitioner Zhao Xiuxiang Until She Lost Consciousness Several Times
Officer Xu Shaobin from the Political Protection Unit in Nongan County, Jilin Province has illegally arrested and severely beaten many Falun Gong practitioners and has used the persecution of practitioners as a means to climb up his career ladder. On August 3, Xu Shaobin and a group of other police officers forcefully took female practitioner Zhao Xiuxiang from her home. Xu Shaobin, Officer Liu and other officers started to beat Zhao inhumanly, causing her to lose consciousness repeatedly. She sustained severe injuries to her back, face, and arms. Her clothes were also torn apart. When they dragged her into the detention centre, the centre said, "This person is not doing well. We cannot take her." Officer Xu Shaobin ordered doctors to prick the soles of Zhao's feet and when she had no reaction, Officer Xu viciously said, "Take her out and open up her insides to see what's wrong with her." It has been more than two months since there has been any news of practitioner Zhao.
5. [Beian City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Arrest Female Practitioner's Family Members
On September 20, 2002, members of the police department in Beian City, Heilongjiang Province illegally charged into female Falun Gong practitioner Li Dan's house and took away all Falun Gong books. Due to the fact that they were unable to find practitioner Li Dan, they arrested her husband (a non-practitioner).
6. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Gao Jielong Arrested by Secret Agents
Around September 10, 2002, practitioner Gao Jilong from Weifang City, Shandong Province was arrested by secret agents while walking on the street. Since then, there has been no news of Gao Jilong.
7. [Zhenzhou City, Henan Province] Female Practitioner Guo Jing was Arrested by Security Guards at the Entrance of Henan Daily News Association
Not long ago, security guards discovered female Dafa practitioner Guo Jing handing out truth-clarifying leaflets at the entrance to the Henan Daily News Association. They handed her over to police, and she is being illegally detained to this day.
8. [China] Despite Pressure from Above, an Educational Department Holds Its Ground and Gives its Students a Wonderful Future
Last year, a leader in charge of educational issues from a certain city in China held his ground when he was given orders from above to make each student order a book slandering Falun Gong. This has enabled tens of thousands of students to avoid an evil brainwashing. As a result, last year, students from the area in which this leader is in charge, did exceptionally well in their university entrance examinations. We are happy for this leader who has chosen a wonderful future for himself.
9. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Yuan Xuefen Is Illegally Detained at Chengdu City Detention Centre
Chengdu City practitioner Yuan Xuefen, who is originally from Nanchong City, Sichuan Province, was arrested on August 22, 2002 by Chengdu police. Practitioner Yuan was held at Chengdu Detention Center for 15 days and has now been transferred to a criminal detainment center. Practitioner Yuan left behind a 16 year old son, just graduated from middle high school, who is being looked after by his elderly grandparents.
September 21, 2002