Latest News From China - 10/18/2002
- [Sichuan Province] Sichuan Police Bureau Plans to Thoroughly Search For, and Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Who Left Their Homes to Avoid the Persecution
- [Yuzhou City, Henan Province] The Members of the City's Police Department Brutally Torture Seven Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Jinzhou, Liaoning Province] Officials From The Bank of Industry and Business Send Falun Gong Practitioners to a Brainwashing Center
- [Zhengzhou, Henan Province] Personnel from the "610 Office" Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Yan Jing, Zhou Jianfeng, and Yan Jie
- [Zhengzhou, Henan Province] The "610 Office" Persecutes Elderly Falun Dafa Practitioner Dong Changlan
- [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] The Police Break Into A Residence to Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Heilongjiang Province] The Provincial Police Bureau Orders: "A Three Year Sentence For One Dafa Book"
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Police in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Police Maniacally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Before the Communist Party's Sixteenth Congregation
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mengzhuiwan Police Station in Chenghua District Arrests Falun Dafa Practitioner Duan Cuilan
- [Xi'an City, Shanxi Province] The Police in Yanliang District Illegally Detain Falun Dafa Practitioner
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] The Crimes of Police Officer Song Baishun in Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp
- [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Two Falun Dafa Practitioners Including Liu Wencheng Are Arrested
- [China] A Falun Dafa Practitioner Firmly Practices Falun Gong and Resists the Persecution After Two and Half Years of Torture
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] The Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in the Second Female Institution in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Beijing] Professor Dan Ling From Peking Union Medical College Is Arrested
- [Beijing] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ren Yue Is Arrested
- [Wei County, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Zhao Xiumei, Lu Wenjun, and Lu Jinyun Are Arrested
[Sichuan Province] Sichuan Police Bureau Plans to Thoroughly Search for, and Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Who Left Their Homes to Avoid the Persecution
On October 14, Sichuan Police Bureau secretly sent orders to various areas to thoroughly search for, and arrest Dafa practitioners who left their homes to avoid the persecution. They are to start on October 17 and October 28.
[Yuzhou City, Henan Province] Members of the City's Police Department Brutally Torture Seven Falun Dafa Practitioners
On the evening of October 15, 2002, the police from Fangshan Police Station arrested seven practitioners from Yuzhou City who were clarifying the truth about Dafa in the Town of Fangshan five miles from the city. The police used torture during the interrogation where they tightly wrapped a male practitioner's head with cloth, making it difficult for him to breathe. The police from Yuzhou Police Department took the practitioners in the early morning. Around 9 a.m. on October 16, a practitioner was able to escape. The other five practitioners and a driver's whereabouts are unknown. Around 6 p.m. on October 16, the police illegally confiscated a practitioner couple's home in the city and arrested them.
The evil people who have been persecuting Falun Gong in Yuzhou City include:
Li Jinliang, the vice-head of the city's police department
Zhang Guanlin, the chief of the politics and law section
Zhao Laicheng, the vice-chief of the politics and law section
Xia Yuxiao, the instructor
[Jinzhou, Liaoning Province] Officials From The Bank of Industry and Business Send Falun Gong Practitioners to a Brainwashing Center
On the afternoon of September 27, 2002, the officials from the Bank of Jinzhou Industry and Business asked practitioner Ju Enhe, male, 64, to write a statement saying he would quit practicing Falun Gong. After Ju refused, they sent him to a brainwashing center in Zhangshi Labor Camp in Shenyang, along with practitioner Sun Shuqin, female, 38, who was on duty at that time.
Zhang Jiang, the vice-secretary of the bank's Communist Party, acknowledged that he actively arranged this: the bank contacted the police department who sent the police and the bank also arranged the car. Zhang, the vice-chief of the bank's human resource department Li Yingzhu, and the police took the practitioners.
The phone numbers for the Bank of Jinzhou Industry and Business:
Geng Jingdong, the president, 86-416-2819634
Zhang Jiang, 86-416-2819734 (o) 86-416-3159469 (h)
Li Yingzhu: 86-416-2814337
[Zhengzhou, Henan Province] Personnel from the "610 Office" Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Yan Jing, Zhou Jianfeng, and Yan Jie
Yan Jing, female, 30, firmly persisted in practicing Falun Gong when she was sent to a brainwashing center in March 2001, and was sent back to a forced labor camp in May 2001. She was release in March 2002. Around 8 p.m. on September 12, 2002, the personnel from the "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] and the local police arrested her while she was walking on the street, and sent her to a brainwashing center in Xiaoqing Village in Zhengzhou.
Zhou Jianfeng, female, 30, was arrested and taken from her home on the evening of September 12, 2002. The personnel from the "610 Office" and local police broke into her house, forcefully dragged her out of bed, into a car, and took her to a brainwashing center.
Yan Jie, female, 30, was working at her work unit on September 30, 2002. Personnel from the "610 Office" and local police asked her to write a statement saying she would quit practicing Falun Gong. After she refused, they forcefully sent her to the brainwashing center. On her way there, she constantly shouted, "Falun Dafa is good."
[Zhengzhou, Henan Province] The "610 Office" Persecutes Elderly Falun Dafa Practitioner Dong Changlan
Dong Changlan, female, 69, had been detained in a forced labor camp for more than 7 months. In order to protest the persecution, she went on a hunger strike. They tortured her with force-feeding and sent her to a hospital only after she was near death. At this time, she is still being persecuted.
[Tieling City, Liaoning Province] The Police Break Into A Residence to Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
Around October 10, 2002, more than 10 police broke into the sixth floor of a residential building to arrest practitioners. An 18-year-old practitioner was forced to jump out of the building, and was sent to the hospital. They arrested the other four practitioners that were in the room.
[Heilongjiang Province] The Provincial Police Bureau Orders: "A Three Year Sentence For One Dafa Book"
According to internal information, Heilongjiang Police Bureau is to escalate its persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. The police are ordered to search all the practitioners' homes on their list. If they find one book, the practitioner will be sentenced to three years in prison. If they can't find any book, they will ask the practitioner whether he or she practices Falun Gong. Practitioners who answer yes will be arrested.
[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Police in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners
Recently Wanjia Forced Labor Camp escalated its persecution of Dafa practitioners. Five new police officers were transferred to the seventh squad. The police and the inmates take turns in torturing the practitioners 24 hours a day by means including forcing practitioners to sit on a stool and brainwashing them during the day and using electrical chairs, hanging, and electric batons at night.
[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Police Maniacally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Before the Communist Party's Sixteenth Congregation
In September, the police in Harbin carried out China's dictator Jiang's order and arrested many Dafa practitioners who have left home to avoid persecution. The police mainly used methods including stalking, tapping phones, and illegally confiscating practitioners' homes to obtain phone numbers of other practitioners. Recently, the "610" system had a meeting and arranged for the local police stations and residential offices to set special people to monitor practitioners in order to arrest them.
On September 18, 2002, the police illegally arrested practitioners Xiao Hong (female) and Xiao Zhou from their temporary place in Taiping district. Other practitioners arrested on the same day included Ning Bo, Zhu Fengying (female), Li Yi, and Liu Wei. They also arrested practitioner Zhu Lei's family of three. On September 20, they arrested female practitioner Zhang Dongmei from Dongli district. They arrested female practitioner Sun Shue from home in September. Four other practitioners from Dongli district were also arrested.
The people who participated in persecuting Dafa practitioners are Ma Hongbin from Daowai district's "610 Office" and police officers Sun Feng, Sun Di, and Zhang Shicheng in Dongyuan Police Station.
[Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mengzhuiwan Police Station in Chenghua District Arrests Falun Dafa Practitioner Duan Cuilan
Duan Cuilan, female, 65, was illegally detained for more than a month for going to Beijing to appeal. The officials in her work unit, Chengdu Machinery Bureau have been persecuting her and only giving her 300 Yuan per month.
Before National Day (October 1), the police from Mengzhuiwan Police Station illegally confiscated her house. When Duan shouted loudly, "(The police) arrest good people", the police beat this thin, elderly woman with many residents being present. They illegally took valuables including a camcorder (belonging to her children) and a scanner. They refused to give a receipt. It has been more than two weeks since the police arrested Duan and we do not know her whereabouts.
[Xi'an City, Shanxi Province] The Police in Yanliang District Illegally Detain Falun Dafa Practitioner
Zhang Jinlan, female, was illegally sentenced to one year in prison. After being released, she was arrested again in December 2001 and illegally detained in Yanliang Detention Center for more than 5 months. During her detention, because she persisted in practicing Dafa, the police put foot cuffs on her for more than 5 months and sometimes handcuffs at the same time. They often cursed and beat her. Recently they sent her to a brainwashing center where she has been illegally detained for more than 10 months.
[Shenyang, Liaoning Province] The Crimes of Police Officer Song Baishun in Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp
On February 11, 2002, Song started to brainwash newly arrested Falun Dafa practitioners 24 hours a day. He forced the practitioners to squat. He did not allow one practitioner to sleep for more than 20 days and then forcefully sent the practitioner to a mental hospital for further torture.
[Dalian, Liaoning Province] Two Falun Dafa Practitioners Including Liu Wencheng Are Arrested
On October 11, 2002, the police forcefully and illegally arrested Liu Wencheng and another practitioner.
[China] A Falun Dafa Practitioner Firmly Practices Falun Gong and Resists the Persecution After Two and Half Years of Torture
A practitioner has been detained in a forced labor camp for two and half years. Various tortures did not change her righteous belief in Dafa. After being released, she went to the "610 Office", the politics and law committee, and her work unit to clarify the truth. Through persistence, she was able to get her pension back and have her son released from a brainwashing center.
[Shenyang, Liaoning Province] The Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in the Second Female Institution in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
1. Practitioners are monitored 24 hours a day and have no freedom. They will receive a beating if they say anything to other practitioners or walk one more step than permitted.
2. Family visits are not permitted for practitioners. In special situations where a visit is permitted, police will monitor it and not allow the practitioner to say anything casually.
3. Firm practitioners are not allowed to go to the dining room and have to stay in their cells to eat.
4. Four practitioners have to share two twin beds.
5. Practitioners can only wash themselves twice a day with 15 minutes each time. They can only do their laundry once a week even in the summer. Since they only have 30 minutes to do this and there are always more people than water faucets, sometimes they can't do their laundry at all.
6. They limit time for using the toilet and scold anyone who has a special situation such as menstrual period.
7. They isolate firm practitioners into single small cells and chronically put handcuffs on them.
[Beijing] Professor Dan Ling From Peking Union Medical College Is Arrested
Dan Ling, a Falun Gong practitioner, is an associate professor in Peking Union Medical College. In August, the police arrested him in Fujian Province and sent him back to Beijing. His whereabouts are unknown.
[Beijing] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ren Yue Is Arrested
The police recently arrested Ren Yue in his rented house. Ren was forced to leave his home in March 2001 because of the persecution. He was arrested once and was released because he went on a hunger strike and his life was in danger. He had to leave home again, but has since been re-arrested.
[Wei County, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Zhao Xiumei, Lu Wenjun, and Lu Jinyun Are Arrested
Zhao Xiumei, female, from Hongqi in the Town of Xiheying in Wei County, was arrested in May while she was posting Dafa material on the street. In the detention center, she went on a hunger strike for 14 days. They released her only after her father went to see her and found that her life was in danger. At noon of August 12, the police illegally arrested her again from her home. We do not know her whereabouts. We heard that the police in Wei County have arrested many practitioners. They send the practitioners who were previously arrested to the detention center and those who have been arrested for the first time to Zhangjiakou or Gaoyang.
Lu Wenjun, 37, and her sister Lu Jinyun, 40, went to Beijing to validate Dafa in December 2001. The police illegally arrested and sent them to Wei County Detention Center. They were released after 58 days. In an evening in August 2002, the police arrested Wenjun from her home in Wei County and Jinyun from her parents' house in Xihe Village in the Town of Xihejing. We do not know their whereabouts.