(Clearwisdom.net) In April 2002 I was transferred to another division in the forced labor camp. One morning when we were forced outdoors to do the labor camp exercises I refused to put on the camp uniform. The political chief took this as an excuse to lock me up in the small cell [The detainee is individually locked up in a very small cell. The guards handcuff practitioners behind their backs in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no daylight enters. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe]. Right from the start they ordered me to sit on the iron chair. It was April then and very cold in Northern China. I felt the cold to be especially harsh, because I didn't have any warm trousers. Sitting on the iron chair was like sitting on ice, and I felt chilled to the bone. In particular, during the second half of the night, I shivered and trembled. Later, I realized that since I was a practitioner, how much did such a tribulation count? So I recited one of Teacher's poems and gradually I no longer felt the cold.

The next day, another practitioner came into our division. The guard asked him to read the so-called camp "regulations." After he refused, the guard ordered five or six common criminals to beat him and sent him to the small cell. I noticed that six Dafa practitioners had already been locked up there, some of them for several months.

On the morning of the third day, two more practitioners were sent into the small cell. I knew one with the last name of Li. We had been in the same division before. The guard led seven or eight common criminals to drag and pull the practitioners into the small cell. The practitioner Li resisted the evil with righteous thoughts. The guard instigated five or six criminals to forcibly push, kick, and stuff him into the iron chair. They attempted with all their might but failed. This lasted about half an hour, and the guard and criminals were all tired and out of breath. One of the team leaders became angry and severely beat Li on the head and face with his fists. Li's mouth immediately bled. At last, Li was cuffed onto an iron fence.

At noon of the fifth day, a deputy director of the labor camp accompanied by his superior came to inspect our small cell. Li exposed the evil deeds of the labor camp to him face to face, but that official publicly declared, "For you Falun Gong practitioners, beating is too generous! No one needs to take responsibility, even when someone beats you to death." The deputy director right away called four guards who carried Li to a small, dark room and beat him. The guards did not carry Li, who was unconscious, back to the small cell until 9:00 p.m. Later I heard from Li that it was the deputy director who personally beat him. The electrical baton was even broken in the process.

On the seventh day my feet were terribly swollen. My right ankle was broken because of being bound so tightly to the iron chair. The pus, blood and socks all stuck to each other. I didn't even have any tissues to clean it. I picked candy wrappers up off the floor and used them as a pad to separate the wound and sock.

I was not released from the iron chair until noon of the tenth day. I was then detained in a cell with iron bars, together with another practitioner. Sometimes we talked and shared our experiences quietly; sometimes we recited Hong Yin [a collection of Teacher's poems] and Teacher's scriptures. Through experience sharing I realized that in facing any tribulations, we should keep righteous thoughts at all times.

I was not sent back to the original division until mid-May. I counted that I had been locked up in the small cell for a total of 20 days and had been locked on the iron chair for nine days.

October 9, 2002